Just as the title ponders:

user posted image

Apple G4 1 Ghz 14" iBook

user posted image

Apple 3rd Gen 10Gb iPod

user posted image

Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP

user posted image

1992 Cutlass Ciera (The pic is almost identical to mine)

user posted image

Sony MDX-CA680

user posted image

Sony mz-r50

user posted image

Sony Dej-001 (I wish I had that colour)

user posted image

Sony Ericsson t610

Rules: No super hi-res pictures, let's keep this almost 56k safe (i.e under 500x500). Also, let's keep it mobile and safe for work. If you have a lot of portables of the same sort (MD, or otherwise) post either the newest 2 or 3, or the most used 2 or 3.

to 'phone home'

user posted image

but mine shows way more wear 'n' tear...and it's a rubbish phone anyway biggrin.gif

to listen... home and away

user posted image

my good old NH900

to travel away from home

[attachmentid=499]

(my dad's lancia delta...but again, ours shows much more scratches... eh, another car, well minivan drove right into the trunk at 70km/h while I was standing still at some red lights...so a bit more han scratches actually...but it still drives and it's fun to see those customizing/tuning dudes look up when this rundown/rusty/dented piece of junk still pulls up like a rocket)

or

user posted image

Belgian trains rule tongue.gif nice and silent...unless there's a lot of ppl on them (which is almost always but that just means more ppl to bug with my music) and always delays, but that means more music-time...so no worries

and I could also add a pic of my feet, but let's keep these forums tasteful laugh.gif

post-5301-1122897208_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Low Volta

My good mate bought that fone Chris from Malaysia [Motorola MPX220] Not going to come out in Australia unfortunatley! Looks like a very nice phone though.

I have my Nokia 3200, MZ-NH1. That's about all I got unfortunatley sad.gif

All portable audio is just so expensive in Sydney... for me at least tongue.gif

I would LOVE a laptop, but want a awesome desktop PC first sad.giftongue.gif

A 02 XDA would also be very nice... all these wants... sad.gif

Oh, and when I get my P's in a month (means I can drive by myself... without a fully liscenced driver) I will have a Mazda 626, 94 model I think it is.

tartan always carries,

in the "media bag"....

an nh700 for sound recording at any time

spare discs in case there's something really worth recording

a large, heavy and old 1.3 megapixel digital camera

spare batteries

a tape recording walkman, just in case it's needed

spare tapes

tartan gets around with some........

razor scooter, heavily plastered with stickers and hair bands

concession card for very cheap (but mostly unreliable) public transport

lots of elastic straps so oversized items can be fastened to front of scooter

tartan thinks this is cool............

not owning a cell phone

not owning an ipod

not owning a car and not even owning a driver's license

continuously turning down offers to be driven everywhere

not getting into a private car since july 2004

recording public transport sound and playing it back full blast at others who are playing "stupid pointless real racing simulators" where destroying your car or even scratching the paintwork is impossible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

everyone else at home has one phone and one car each, the brother has two cars (the new one is a super impractical barely street legal super souped up gas guzzling rally racer) for total absurdness, making it 5 cars for 5 living at home, just in case the non driver decides to drive (which will never happen)

the phone thing may change one day, but not anytime soon...

grab your cell phone in public, thrust it high into the air and scream "PHONE POWER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as loud as possible

Let me see sleep.gif ...for mobile audio the MZ-E10 plus the ex71

[attachmentid=503][attachmentid=504]

for mobile communications Samsung Elegance

[attachmentid=505]

for mobile work the PalmOne Zire 72

[attachmentid=506]

for mobile web browsing the Compaq x1001us (I dont have wireless Internet connection though)

[attachmentid=507]

for car audio Sony cdx-f7700

[attachmentid=508]

for transportation Mazda Allegro '05

[attachmentid=509]

post-3480-1122964978_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1122965001_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1122965045_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1122965070_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1122965101_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1122965167_thumb.jpg

post-3480-1122965213_thumb.jpg

An army of audio players. Sony HD5, Rio Karma, Rio S30S (3 year old cheapo model). Sony pocket radio. I think I've hit the 100 mark - throughout life I have owned over a hundred portable audio players of all kinds. I know I know, bangra or some other stud might have experienced a hundred and one cool.gif

The PSP so I can watch B-movies sitting in a mall for free aircon.

Pen, pencil and paper notebooks. These are truly mobile and they let me concentrate on my thoughts. The expensive Moleskine is exquisite to write on even with the cheapest Bic pen. Not to mention I can easily have bought dozens of these with what I've spent on impractical, U-S-E-L-E-S-S (for my application) PDAs.

I can't find a cell phone that I even remotely like - I think they're all too cheaply made and non-ergonomic. I had the SE T610 two years ago and I think it was a disaster, no matter what Rob or anyone else might think. So the phone I'm using now is the cheapest free one that was given out free with activation.

Actually there are a couple Japanese phones I love (the KDDI/AU Infobar, talby, PENCK) - but they're obviously not available to me.

And money is truly mobile. I've got a 12" Apple PowerBook but that's not mobile. I used to lug it around but it just wasn't. To have the $ to get online when you need to, that's what the geeks call ubiquitous mobility, eh? tongue.gif

My camera doesn't get much love - because it's the Canon PowerShot SD10, the one from Lindsay Lohan's "Rumors" video wink.gif And it's slow to focus and acts weird overall - I'm going to another brand next time round.

It'd be nice if I drove, but I don't even have a license. The parking and driving environment is so horrible there's no point in incurring the extra cost. I tend to walk long stretches to go places - 30, 60 minutes on foot - as exercise.

Oh, and whoever came up with that name can't possibly be from the UK... Allegro *wink*  biggrin.gif  If you're in the UK and don't know, ask someone who's older smile.gif

huh.gif well, actually that was the name picked up by Mazda for this region, you might know better as Mazda 323 Fastbreak

huh.gif  well, actually that was the name picked up by Mazda for this region, you might know better as Mazda 323 Fastbreak

That's not my point... there was a car called the Austin Allegro from the 70s, and it was absolutely infamous biggrin.gif I'm surprised anyone would consider re-using the name... and I was hoping someone would get the joke tongue.gif

http://austin-rover.co.uk/ado67storyf.htm

Veezhun, what speed does that scooter max out at?

I used to drive a little yamaha scooter that maxed out at about 60, it was great.

on a dry day with good roads ( a rarity here smile.gif ), i touch around 75-80 km/h. If i change the engine idle settings and setit for maximum power and least fuel effeciency, i can touch a 100 km/h with some difficulty..

the fuel effeciency i get now is 47 km per litre of petrol.. petrol costs 44 rupees per liter here

Hee hee there are Brits reading these boards. *I* get it! You wouldn't call a car an Allegro if you wanted to sell ANY of them in the UK, not in a million years! It would be like calling it a... um erm... a scrapheap!

(Cue raging flame war from former Allegro owners...)

That's not my point... there was a car called the Austin Allegro from the 70s, and it was absolutely infamous :D I'm surprised anyone would consider re-using the name... and I was hoping someone would get the joke  :P

http://austin-rover.co.uk/ado67storyf.htm

on a dry day with good roads ( a rarity here smile.gif ), i touch around 75-80 km/h. If i change the engine idle settings and setit for maximum power and least fuel effeciency, i can touch a 100 km/h with some difficulty..

the fuel effeciency i get now is 47 km per litre of petrol.. petrol costs 44 rupees per liter here

That sounds great, I've always wanted to visit india and drive scooters around as a tacky tourist.

atrain, good to hear people got the joke tongue.gif

I was eyeing the joybooks for a while (the 6000 and the newer s52), can't remember what turned me off. In the end I couldn't justify getting a laptop, and got a desktop instead dry.gif