Sony MZ-RH910

Rate this topic

mikio

any startup tips before i go past charging the unit? my knowledge of MDs are basically none to nill.

currently A440 and i are troubleshooting a volume/audio issue due to downloading SS-like appz off the net.

consequently i decided to purchase a new MD with SS included. it's version 3.0 and i hope it works.

it was economical and arrived in a day. any foresight to SonicStage issues would be greatly appreciated.

until then it's back to removing cards from my PC. one by one until the problem is solved. not fun.

mikio

congratulations on the purchase mikio, i've been following your saga with great interest.

what kind of MD do you have? i hope you're learning as much as i am from A440. he/she is a great person to put so much effort into helping a novice.

what kind of MD do you have?  i hope you're learning as much as i am from A440.  he/she is a great person to put so much effort into helping a novice.

i've only got some mdlp players these days but i'll step back into md with a gen3 himd probably. luckily i have a highish level of computer knowledge, for me the pleasure is watching your discoveries & the charm & patience shown by a440 in helping you over such a long period.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally managed to get hold of a Hi-MD unit today - the RH910. I'm a bit stuck at the moment, because I haven't got any Hi-MDs for it. sad.gif Anyway, it looks and feels great, and I can't wait to use it properly. I just have a couple of questions though:

1. What are the magnetic clamp things for? And why have I got three of them?

2. Can you only charge the unit with an MD inside it, or is the battery initially fully charged?

EDIT: Well, it seems that the battery charges, but the indicator disappears when I plug it into the mains. It reappears when I remove the adapter though. wacko.gif

Edited by LJM