Supplied earphones with MZ-RH10 MD

Rate this topic

Teralus

What’s the deal with the supplied earphones with the MZ-RH10 MD, I don’t understand why the cord is so short on one side…the long side ends up bunching up and looking ridiculous, and being a very tall person the remote hangs at about nipple level…it’s crazy! Can anyone explain the logic of the short cord on one side!

What’s the deal with the supplied earphones with the MZ-RH10 MD, I don’t understand why the cord is so short on one side…the long side ends up bunching up and looking ridiculous, and being a very tall person the remote hangs at about nipple level…it’s crazy! Can anyone explain the logic of the short cord on one side!

A lot of headphones have this now - if you pass the the right bud (the longer one) around the back of your head first then put the left one in, they should be at the same level. This way the cord doesn't pass in front of your neck where you can knock it out, it simply hangs down from the left.

i prefer 'round the head phones. you can take 'em off & just leave them hanging there quite easily

I have mixed feelings about them... but I will set up a poll, as I'm actually curious about peferences (also as to which style of headphones ppl prefer)

just vote on poll part 1 and poll part 2

the remote hangs at about nipple level…it’s crazy!

I get this too. Aren't you supposed to clip the remote onto your belt or something? How is that possible when the earphones' cord only reaches your mid-section? Does Sony think we're all dwarves or something?

I'll just use my iPod headphones...

Actually I clip it on my shirt's pocket. That way is usually on chest level. Also, whenever I use my company ID badge, I just clip it to the cord hanging from my neck. Pretty handy.

Yeah me too- shirt pocket, jacket lapel or even on my tie if I happen to be wearing one.

i carry a bag so bag strap either messenger or backpack

Same here, the MD is in the backpack with the remote clipped on the adjustment strap.

I have a pair of MRR-D22s and they came with a 1m extension cord and I think that the MDREX71SL also have an extension cord. I know that these are somewhat expensive earphones but perhaps those that have a problem with their earphone cords being too short could try extension cords.

Guest NRen2k5

In the fall to the spring, I keep the MD recorder in a jacket pocket and have the remote clipped to my backpack strap or to my jacket near the collar.

In the summer I either carry the MD recorder in my hand or put it in a pocket or belt case.