CONNECT Player Update (version 1.0.02.11170)

kaledi

What appears to be the latest version of CP is now up on the Sony support site

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/WM/NWH...l=en&m=NW-A3000

Installed without any problem, it seems a little more stable, but no obvious additional features.

There is also an update fotr the auto update software; however, I cannot install this as I didn't install the original CP from the CD. The programe would explain why autoupdate doesn't work for those who installed CP manually.

Wow, the unicode support seems to work now...that's cool. Now they need to do a couple of more fixes...

1. TinyHTTP.exe - Why are they using it? If it is necessary then why does it use so much memory and processing time?

2. Device support - Add support for legacy devices. Even if they don't support all the devices but it should at least cover all the ones that have MP3 support. We want a unified client. It will make it less confusing for consumers and even existing customers who have old and new products.

Oh, what's sort of neat is the fact that Connect Player will play all of the songs on my VAIO Pocket if I manually "force" Connect Player to play .OMA files. The songs show up in Connect Player with the album art and correct titles. That leads me to believe that they could very easily add support for other devices if they wanted to. :ol_glance:

Still, you still can't import japanese cd correctly! I tried several times with deifferent cds, and if the tracks or album title are in japanese (they're correctly dipslayed in cd infos), then all the infos dispear once in library: no album title, no genre (becomes unknown), etc. Very annoying and frustrating.

Then there is no way to tag your tracks, etc etc. and change inofs fro several tracks at the same time, or directly an album properties... still a LOOOOOOOONG way to go.

My Connect player updated this morning, it installed fine no problems so far.

My current version is: 1.0.02.11150

again this is apparently region specific. This is the info via sony canada's support site:

12/02/05 - CONNECT Player Version 1.0.01.02110 / Auto-Update Version 1.0.02.11140

Not sure why I have a higher version, but who cares. A few things seem to have changed now, before when selecting a song, in the library and schrolling down, the files jumped back up to the first selected song, doesn't occur anymore, so I am happy there.

It seems to be running much faster now as well, and less choppier.

That was the auto-update I guess, since now the entire program reinstalled via the update process and now my program is the same version as this one here:

Mem usage is still around 100 megs for me and the CPU usage jumps around from 0 to 60.

My Connect player updated this morning, it installed fine no problems so far.

My current version is: 1.0.02.11150

again this is apparently region specific. This is the info via sony canada's support site:

12/02/05 - CONNECT Player Version 1.0.01.02110 / Auto-Update Version 1.0.02.11140

Not sure why I have a higher version, but who cares. A few things seem to have changed now, before when selecting a song, in the library and schrolling down, the files jumped back up to the first selected song, doesn't occur anymore, so I am happy there.

It seems to be running much faster now as well, and less choppier.

That was the auto-update I guess, since now the entire program reinstalled via the update process and now my program is the same version as this one here:

Mem usage is still around 100 megs for me and the CPU usage jumps around from 0 to 60.

Have got NW-1000 arriving Saturday. Do I install the software with the player or download the update directly? Or once installed do I have a way of updating the Connect software?

Stupid question but first player I've owned so a virgin to all of this stuff. Please be gentle with your replies!!!!!

Mike

you can use the original cd. during the installation CP will connect to the internet and download the latest version (16.8MB)

I hope you have a broadband connection :-)

Thanks nw_lover. Yeah I do have broadband but still expect to wait a while. I think click & leave could be the best policy!!

Looking forward to using it. Have got the nw-1000 violet one. Just wanted something other than the "isheep" as its been quoted. Always been different- so use Firefox also.

I presume there are no problems using the firefox browser as know sony software can be problematic!! ie downloads etc...

Thanks

Mike