MZ-NH900 - replacement battery in the UK?

Rate this topic

803cd

Hello 803cd, try these folk. I use 'em and find 'em good.

KVJ Fairdeal Ltd, 76 Whitechapel High St

Ring 'em on 020 7247 6029

I got my NH-14WM-BC 1400mAh for my NH900 from them, cannot remember the price I paid, but I thought it was a bargain. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

[late edit] btw they are very good with their minidisc prices too. If you're in or near London, it's worth going over to East London they are right next door to Aldgate tube. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Edited by MusicBringer

Hi,

I picked up a NH-14WM from my local Sony Store for a tenner, which wasn't bad.

I had a bad experience getting a cheap one from e-bay. The battery arrived fine, but when I charged it up it swelled up and nearly got stuck inside my new NH900. Scared the $**t out of me! I think it must have been old stock - on reflection, it had the "old-style" walkman logo. I paid £7.50 for that one. Got a refund from the vendor, but the battery could've killed my MD so the "saving" wasn't worth it.

Take care,

Michael

I'm in the UK and would second the response from KrazyIvan. I got two new batteries for my NH900 from budgetbatteries.co.uk (nb UK not US site) plus a charger (according to other posts on this forum you shouldn't charge these higher-capacity gumsticks in your MD player) and all for erm can't remember how much but not much. I've been pleased with them and am very happily now using one and carrying a spare at all times - much more aesthetically pleasing than having to use the AA battery pack (though you can keep that as a second backup if you're going to be away from power for a long time!)

I have had a good result with this place:

http://www.budgetbatteries.com/cgi-bin/sto..._30Jun05_150553

They are in the UK also.

They just cost $2.99 each one. So I thought that if one costs normally like $30.......

The other reason is that I use these batteries a lot, so you know the memory thing...

You can aviod the memory effect if you completely discharge them (to about 1.0V/cell) before recharging, at least from time to time. You can even recover seemingly dead batteries with this method.

Please tell us how to completely discharge a NH-14WM. Like Sparky191 I would like to know too  tongue.gif

I just let my NH900 run with full volume and low efficiency phones and backlight permanently on overnight till it has completely drained the battery... but perhaps that is too simple a solution? tongue.gif

There are special purpose 'intelligent' chargers with different charge / discharge / recovery modes for standard sizes, i don't know about gumstick chargers though. Volta's method should be equally good though. Backlight and high volume ain't necessary unless you're in a hurry - the lower the current drain, the more thoroughly it'll be discharged.

Can anyone recommend the best place to purchase a spare gumstick for my MZ-NH900.  I am in the UK. Thanks

I bought a 1450mh battery from this eBay seller, only a fiver new. Working fine in my NH900. . .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GP1450-Gumstick-Mini...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm curious about another post that these higher power batteries shouldn't be charged in the NH900. Why please??

Andrew

My theory: Charging a 1000mAh battery in 2.5 hours (according to the manual) = about 560 mA charging current = a significant amount. Charging at high current for an extended time plus bad ventilation = lots of heat. Lots of heat = not good for battery and recorder. If there was better ventilation = no problem. biggrin.gif