what's pissing you off

Rate this topic

atrain

dammnit. i'm stricken with illness so i've been bedridden for about two weeks which is bad enough but now i've hit my internet cap [30g] with two days to go.

furthermore for my first trip out of the house i went to watch the footie [afl] & my team carlton lost by 99 points, an amazing amount.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend went to that game, im not a footy fan but hehe thats funny! when i was in primary school i used to like Carlton.

ranting......well........i hate melbourne weather! its been, HOT, warm and ultra COLD and raining and thats just in the last 4 hours!!!

Leon

I normally try not to rant, but I need to get this off my chest:

I can't stand normal, full grown adults who have to depend on others for the most simple stuff. Example? I work at Customer service call center for a major retailer, on their credit division. Call comes in...

"Hi, this is Syrius, how can I help you?"

"Hi, I'm Mr. X, and I have this and this problem with my account."

"Ok. Mr. X. Can I have your account number please?"

"One second. Let me ask my wife. Honey? Where's the card?"

*2 minutes later*

"Ok here's the number."

"Can I have the last four of your social to access your account?"

"Hold on, let me ask my wife. Honey, where is my wallet?"

*2 minutes*

"Ok, the last four numbers are 9999"

"Good. Now what can I do for your account?"

"Hold on. Let me put my wife on the phone, she's the one who handles all our finances."

And it's not like the guy is impaired, or senile. Gosh effing darnit, people! The human being's total dependency period on his mother is only 1 year. Do these kind of people get married because they need someone to take care of them like little babies?

My brother's like that, sometimes. "Honey, where's my wallet? Honey, where are my keys? Honey, where is my laptop? Honey, where is my independence?"

Sure. Needing help with something is one thing, but when someone else has to basically run your life, when you are a perfectly healthy and normal person, you know you have problems.

Sheesh.

mad.gifrtfm.gifrolleyes.gif

Trying to be a musician but finding it really hard to make even a simple melody sound good. I know what I want to play, but my skills let me down.

Getting bugged by people on the street trying to give me a book for a donation then annoying me when they claim that isn't "selling me a book". Man I hate people.

And i'm a student of Japanese, I hate being associated with stereotypes and I hate learning this language because I don't know if I'll even use it in the future, but I can't quit because I've gone so far already. Like permanent retard mode.

Man, I sound happy.

Edited by me

ppl stopping for no reason dry.gif

I'm the kind of person that walks a lot... but I use my feet as a means of transport, not just for fun or because I have nothing else to do with my life... when I need to get from A->B and they aren't very far apart, I walk.

others seem to make a habit of going A->C->D->E->back to C->H->Y->Z->J->forgot my wallet at D->...->B which would not even bother me if they wouldn't insist on doing all his @ 0.5 km/h and full stopping every now and then for no apparent reason at all! it's not like they have seen something in a window or there's a turd in front of them, no just "hm... I'm walking so slowly that I have actually forgotten where I'm going"

I normally live in Brussels and unless you're in the main shopping streets, everything is quite ok overthere... but at the moment I'm staying at my parent's house in a little provincial town called Hasselt and ppl overhere are so f'ing slow everywhere... I must have bumped into at least a hundred sleepwalking dozers from behind as they just stop without reason/warning

so ppl WAKE UP and do something with your lives! And I consider doing nothing a very worthy 'action'... but do nothing in a fun and less annoying way, like swinging in a hammock with good music on yer phones or laying by the pool... whatever but not by vegetating on the sidewalk... If this goes on like that, I'll have to start walking on the road, as my speed is closer to the cars around here as to the other ppl walking laugh.gif

but this is not really serious enough to ruin my day so biggrin.gif I keep a smile on my face, an MD on my belt and some phones in my ears and I just play bumpercar

BTW: get well soon atrain!!

I've had only a few hours sleep, as the final assignments for my two classes was due last night at midnight - I always work in the clutch. Hurrah to a 1,750 word paper and an eight page Powerpoint presentation.

Now I have to sit at work whilst I can barely keep my eyes open..

..and to top it off the Google Ads aren't displaying for some reason.

well done on the deadlines k. !

..and to top it off the Google Ads aren't displaying for some reason.

you sure you didn't nuke them in your browser with adblock or something? I know I did sleep.gif 'cause advertising is another thing that gets on me nerves laugh.gif

you sure you didn't nuke them in your browser with adblock or something? I know I did  sleep.gif  'cause advertising is another thing that gets on me nerves laugh.gif

I won't lie, people who use adblock bother me - even your views support the sites you visit, please be considerate. sleep.gif I've blended those ads to match the site in the best way possible. ph34r.gif I would hope that there are very few active members who do this..

Not sure what's up Adrian, too tired to really care at this point though. I noticed it's not working at engadget.com for what it's worth.

EDIT: I just realized my IP configuration wasn't set right at work - I set it back to the proper values and the ads are displaying again.

to be honest... I didn't really get pissed off by the MDCF google ads... I just blocked them once and haven't made the effort of restoring them... mostly I leave them be at sites I respect and where I know the site respects the users as well... but flashing banners / ugly rubbish etc... no hard feelings, but they do get nuked right away! I stopped reading a mag I actually liked, since they started publishing one full-page ad for every normal page in the mag shok.gif and it was a critical, non-consumerist toned mag!?

but as you've pointed this out now, I will at least restore the google ads on MDCF... as I wouldn't want this site to suffer at all...

I have the same deal as Syrius:

Them: "My internet doesn't work"

Me: "Alright, I can help you with that. Could you tell me what brand name your modem is?"

Them: "Let me give you to my kids, I don't know anything about computers"

The thing that burns me about this is, that it isn't hard to just read a brandname off of a little box. Also, why did YOU call in if you know crap about computers? Did you think I have an internet ON/OFF switch?

I normally live in Brussels and unless you're in the main shopping streets, everything is quite ok overthere... but at the moment I'm staying at my parent's house in a little provincial town called Hasselt and ppl overhere are so f'ing slow everywhere... I must have bumped into at least a hundred sleepwalking dozers from behind as they just stop without reason/warning

Ah, yes Hasselt I know it well. The folks there shout 'Right, I'm going to stop now' a few seconds before stopping. Of course, if you're plugged into your service-mode hacked loud-volume Hi-MD at the time, you'll never hear that will you? :-)

get well atrain!

I've had only a few hours sleep, as the final assignments for my two classes was due last night at midnight - I always work in the clutch. Hurrah to a 1,750 word paper and an eight page Powerpoint presentation.

Haha! I hear 'ya there--you're preaching to the choir! smile.gif Last [school] year was my final undergrad (4th) year and I did more reading for an indivudual class than I did in my entire first 3 years put together. Multiply that by 10 classes for the year and that is a LOT of reading, LOL. As for procrastination, I'm the master of procrastination. I had to do several *double* all-nighters (staying awake from one morning through to the morning the second calendar day away) last year. It was nuts!

No more school for me for at least a year though sad.gif

As for rants, I dunno I have waaay too much to rant about, LOL.

But I'll save all of those upon reading the atrain's initial post--I'm just glad I'm not sick and stuck in bed! Get well soon atrain!

ppl stopping for no reason  dry.gif

It's the same thing with driving. When I was living in Sudbury, ON earlier this year/last year people were the worst for this. I swear out of the four main driving controls in a car (throttle, brakes, steering & gearing) the favourite of Sudbury drivers is the brake pedal! For NO reason at all, nothing in front of them not looking for a street or intersection to turn at, NOTHING, they just start braking in the middle of the road while going in a straight line blink.gif Happened all the time (and no I wasn't tailgating either).

I mean idiot people do that everywhere I guess, but that city was the worst. I dunno what they were thinking... Like maybe "oooh I haven't pressed that pedal in a while, I guess I should press it." LOL Unbelievable! mad.gif

cd sellers via amazon marketplace who say they will send the cd out within 24-48 hours of the order being placed. Then I find out a week later, via e-mail I've initiated, that the seller doesn't even have the disc in stock and expects me to wait. Caiman.com does this too often that I've stopped buying from them.

Been suffering an illness for the past 12 days, left house today for first time but still feel like crap, as soon as done here I am going back to the ol' fart sack. One day last week all morning I thought I was going to die, all afternoon I wish I had off.

Nothing much pisses me off but what really burns my ass is a 90 CM high flame.

blink.gif

Get well soon Adrian (#1 of my readership) and everyone else! *pet* I've been under the weather but not nearly as bad as you guys.

I remember all-nighters in college, trying to get the papers done. The papers were fine (I'm a B student who tended to get A with long papers) but the pressure did me in. I couldn't go to graduate school because -- generally people would say "oh just wax poetic or talk ---- to fill space" but I just couldn't.

Since April I've been pissed off with these job search websites here in Taiwan. For publicity, they do a lot of surveys and questionnaire and invite the press over for results (which eventually translates into "you should use our service"). So there are people like my dad who believes everything he sees on TV, and conseqntly I'm nagged over my career prospects. Then over the summer one of them launched a huge ad campaign. They're everywhere: on TV in every channel during every commercial break, radio commericals, subway ads, webmail banner ads (flash animated with sound).

I became so irritable over this. I've had to mute every commercial break cause they're grating on my nerves. There was a week or two where I refused to leave home cause I'll be exposed to billboards and such, and I thought I'd crumble out on the streets. Part of advertising has always been to get you to spend by way of subtle threats, but this time they really got me, sort of compounded my own job hunt difficulties. If you're already working this must seem kinda over-reacting on my part, it probably is...

and I feel completely disconnected from the social mores around me, i just hope it doesn't work against me at some point (l'etranger anyone?).

I'm a little ticked that I finally manage to get a HiMD recorder, I'll probably have 6 discs or so of PCM recorded concert material by next Monday, and I'm so nervous about possibly losing a recording thanks to Sonicstage. Every upload method seems to have some kind of negative, or potential negative... It's almost enough to make me want to go DAT after all.

Wait, is that considered blasphemy around here?

Don't sweat it O-P. Even if SS doesn't get the tracks uploaded into your computer--which seems to be getting rarer--it's even more unlikely to screw up the tracks on the disc itself, so you can always do a realtime recording.

Annoyances: Sorry, customer-service folks but I do not want to hear "I am sorry for the inconvenience." Just help me solve the problem and don't waste my time with apologies you don't mean. Of course, "I am sorry for the inconvenience" probably means the problem won't get solved and the company doesn't give a hoot anyway.

Lots of things annoy me tongue.gif

I get frustrated easily, but depending on who frustrates me and how, I react differently! tongue.gif

If someone asks me the same question as someone did 2 mins earlier, I get annoyed tongue.gif, and if I tell my family how my day has been, and then someone who wasn't listening asks me later how my day has been I will just say fine :| tongue.gif

Also traffic in Sydney sometimes is very frustrating... Especially when you are in a rush to get somewhere, and there is a car in front of you that likes to drive 20km's below the speed limit tongue.gif, or some one who doesn't know where they are going, so they will slow down, but not put their indicator on, so you don't know wether to overtake them or not! :@ That really annoys me!

Apart from that, I am a very loving person tongue.gif!

Communication technology in Australia also annoys me, just like it annoys Tiesto, but we are a little more lucky we don't have speeds that slow.

1 more thing, people who use emotions in threads n stuff a lot also craps me off! mad.gif

- having to use proprietary software (i.e. SonicStage) for each and every transfer instead of drag & drop

- DRM & encryption

- the 'combine' bug and its time & resources hungry workaround

- the fact that there's no reasonable alternative to HiMD in the CF/HD recorder market yet

ARGH! People who use your video game system without you knowing and totally messup your saved games!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, and they were eating dorito's or something and left my controller all greasy. Where are my Clorox wipes!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by KrazyIvan

ARGH!  People who use your video game system without you knowing and totally messup your saved games!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, and they were eating dorito's or something and left my controller all greasy.  Where are my Clorox wipes!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahaha that must SUCK!

Annoyances: Sorry, customer-service folks but I do not want to hear "I am sorry for the inconvenience."  Just help me solve the problem and don't waste my time with apologies you don't mean. Of course, "I am sorry for the inconvenience" probably means the problem won't get solved and the company doesn't give a hoot anyway.

We do say that at my place of employment, HOWEVER, we then proceed to rectify the situation. So far, there's only been two calls I can't handle and correct. It's only the snobby, silver-spoon-fed, never-known-what-it-is-to-bust-your- back-so-you-can- put-bread-on-the-table, whiny, bitchy customers the ones who don't let us fix their problems.

That's horrible indeed - that's one reason why we need to tag the copyright text over our photos.

Just got an email from Photobucket. They removed the photo. It still looks like the thumbnail is showing up in the auction list view though. dry.gif

KrazyIvan - sorry, but that is quite funny tongue.gif But yes, what Ishi does on his photos would most probably stop that from hapening!

DELL tech support  mad.gif

AHAHAHAHA

I rang them last week about a broken DVD burner, and I was on the phone for 53 mins to the guy in Indonesia. Now don't get me wrong, he was extremely helpful and friendly and everything. Buy yeh 53 mins... and we finally got it working again, but now it ain't working any more. So I will ring them again on Monday to tell them to send some1 out and replace it biggrin.gif

What was your problem you were having with them?

Oh yeh, 1 more thing pissing me off at the moment is how long it takes to post on these message boards again tongue.gif Sorry Chris!

snobby, silver-spoon-fed, never-known-what-it-is-to-bust-your- back-so-you-can- put-bread-on-the-table, whiny, bitchy customers the ones who don't let us fix their problems.

That ain't me, babe. I work about 70 hours a week. And when I do find a customer service person who knows what he/she is doing I am grateful.

I'm thinking specifically of Sony Customer Service, which knows far less about SonicStage than it should. And the software vendors who go directly from "Try uninstalling and reinstalling and reboot" (wow, I never would have thought of that) to "I'm sorry, you'll have to do a clean installation of Windows on that machine" with no intermediate suggestions.

And let's not even talk about the cell-phone vendor that sells a wireless-modem-capable BlackBerry and....doesn't enable it. "Sorry for the inconvenience." Can you say: bait and switch?

KrazyIvan - sorry, but that is quite funny :P  But yes, what Ishi does on his photos would most probably stop that from hapening!

AHAHAHAHA

I rang them last week about a broken DVD burner, and I was on the phone for 53 mins to the guy in Indonesia.  Now don't get me wrong, he was extremely helpful and friendly and everything.  Buy yeh 53 mins... and we finally got it working again, but now it ain't working any more.  So I will ring them again on Monday to tell them to send some1 out and replace it :D

What was your problem you were having with them?

Oh yeh, 1 more thing pissing me off at the moment is how long it takes to post on these message boards again :P Sorry Chris!

Well, the monitor of my work station (Optiplex) turned off by itself while I was checking some component price lists for an electrical project. I needed to keep working so I had to go to the warehouse carring the 17" useless monitor and get a replacement which was a dusty 14" old monitor. Anyway, when I got back to my office I called to Dell tech support and after 13 tries and one hour on the phone someone picked my call up. The tech guy said that as part of the guarantee contract I must be facing to the device in question, so I told him that the monitor was in the warehouse and I could tell him everything about the malfunction: unplug-plug power cable and nothing, unplug-plug signal cable and nothing, a pc restart and nothing, led indicator blinking, doesnt turn off, everything... he said: "NO, you must be seeing the monitor", then I said:"ok, but dont hang up, Ill be back in a minute...". So I started to run, pick the Dell monitor, run back to the office and guess what? No tech guy on the phone. So I leave it for Monday when Im in the mood <_<

Edited by Tiesto