what's pissing you off

Rate this topic

atrain

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pissed cause it's taking soooo long to takjng pics of my NEW studio;; just can't seem to get it tweeked;; and some technikal problems;; and my students keeps bugging me for songs..

but,, i AM just having FUN here all alone in my Sutdio from Hell..!!

plus i can't seem to get my new MD logo T-Shirt on my Buggs Bunny parade head pole..

Did you leave it in the unit when connected to the PC for long whiles? I recommend the Solio, again, for juicing up when necessary.

I haven't left it connected to the computer at all (I have a Mac). I've be charging for 2 hrs when the battery is depleted. I usually charge when the icon starts flashing. About 3-to-4 hrs recording and maybe 6-to-7 hrs playback times. Very disappointed. Luckily my cell phone charger has the same voltage and connection--a happy coincidence. (Real nice to have a back up thats smaller and less clumsy than the supplied cable and connectors.) Despite all that, I really like the RH1. Let me know more about the Solio.

Got a good one here.

Purchased an E-MU 1616m Audio Interface about 2 years ago for a little over $600. I had the unit replaced by the manufacturer about 2 months after purchase because of a faulty optical output. The replacement I was given malfunctioned about 7 months after I had received it. Sent in again for a replacement.

Okay so skip to July 10th. I received a surround sound system (Creative P7800, which also malfunctioned... funny because Creative owns E-MU) and hooked it up to my E-MU, only to find out that the 2L/2R outputs weren't working. So I call E-MU support. They walked me through a bunch of steps (most of which I'd already done) and determined the unit was defective and offered a replacement. They sent me the RMA info and shipping label and I sent it off.

On the 17th I received an email stating that the unit was out of warranty (the representative that gave me the RMA made no mention of this), and I could have it repaired for $186. So I call support again and they explain that it was out of warranty, blah blah.. and by this time I'm too frustrated to argue so I tell them to mail it back. They tell me there's a $25 service fee. I say I'll get back to them.

I receive two emails the next day, the first of which states that the $25 did not apply... while the second demanded payment of either the $186 or the $25 service fee, or they would be "disposing of my unit"... mind you these emails were from the same person... disposing of my $600 unit.. okay I'm pretty pissed at this point.

I call again and am greeted with a message saying all issues are being handled via the online email service at this time. I call a different number and get through to someone, only to be transferred about 10 times whilst asking to speak to a supervisor or at least someone in the E-MU department. I am told that the replacement I had previously received did not come with the full 1yr warranty, but rather a "90 days labor warranty". hence the out of warranty issue.

So I'm pissed to no end having been offered a free replacement and then threatened that they would dispose of my unit if I didn't pay for a repair or service fee. I weasel an email address for a supervisor from a rep and write a lengthy note, stating that I would be filing a claim with the better business bureau if I did not speak to someone who knew what the heck was happening and could help resolve the issue.

Anyway, turns out someone put in a request to have the unit shipped back to me at no cost... unrepaired, without my permission and before I was able to speak to a supervisor regarding the matter.

[sarcasm]Damn fine customer service there.[/sarcasm]

Screw Creative Labs. Check out their BBB report sometime.

Edited by raintheory

I am mad be ause my back has been out for a month keeping me from getting certain repairs done so I can get paid ,so I can send people thier stuff.

Got two packages sitting in my room and cant get the money together to send them :help::angry2:

the DOCTORS told me 30 years ago i would end up in a wheel chair the rest of my life if i don't listen to them;; SOOOO,, i fired them and took care of my back myself;;

learned how to "adjust" myself!!!!

and,, after 30 plus of CARRYING my big azzed equipment up and down stairs and dancing all over the fweakin stage everynight;; i say Fu*k da Duck-tors;; they were wrong!!!!

Guitarfxr;; PM me if u wanna know how i keep me back fromm going out;; it may apply or not apply to you;; but i dance to bed every night!!

Ray from da Bay..

and that's why i'm not pissed off today..

I am mad be ause my back has been out for a month keeping me from getting certain repairs done so I can get paid ,so I can send people thier stuff.

Got two packages sitting in my room and cant get the money together to send them :help::angry2:

Sorry to hear about your back, can be a bummer.. Have you tried a back brace, sort of two pads that go across your ribs, and tied across yourself, helps the support?

Take care of yourself

Bob

Sorry to hear about your back, can be a bummer.. Have you tried a back brace, sort of two pads that go across your ribs, and tied across yourself, helps the support?

Take care of yourself

Bob

one of da things that REALLY helps my (rayzray'z) back now is using TWO leather weight-lifter's belts;; one low and one high;; and adjusting them during the day as i need then;; that is;; loostening then and tightening them;; and bringing them higher or lower;; really helps a lot;; without going into a lot of expensive medical gear..

really a bummer trying to go through the scanners at the airport though;; so i drive to florida now;;

oh,, and get some gel-balls;; they are called toneing balls;; balancing balls etc;; and just lay down on them;; u can listen to some MD?Hi-MD music at da zame time..

this i AM an expert at; for my (Rayzray) body..

i used to use back braces back when;; they are good but uncomfortable;;

well i think i will do zome sit-ups now!!

Edited by rayzray

Thx guys , I appreciate it , I dont like to talk about it , but I used to do the Bike Messenger thing, and in ST Louis MO back in 1990 I was at Market & Jefferson , on a Fri afternoon , an old man ran the stop light at 53 miles an hour , and I just happened to be in his way . he was driving a Ford F-150 late 70's early 80's model boxy square front end , expired liscense , No insurance,No registration , and no money .

So you can imagine what the past 17 years have been like .

Thx guys , I appreciate it , I dont like to talk about it , but I used to do the Bike Messenger thing, and in ST Louis MO back in 1990 I was at Market & Jefferson , on a Fri afternoon , an old man ran the stop light at 53 miles an hour , and I just happened to be in his way . he was driving a Ford F-150 late 70's early 80's model boxy square front end , expired liscense , No insurance,No registration , and no money .

So you can imagine what the past 17 years have been like .

ow f******G ow as a friend of mine used to say, way bummer,

Bob

Now My college has been closed by Supreme Court and Temporarily classes has been shifted to other place(but no practicals will be conducted there) which about 50km from my house :(..

It seems that this one of my bad phases of my life

i would find a "Fun" place to stop for a while going and returning to break up the long milage;; "Fun" IS the priority of life if you wanna live long and ENJOY life..

doesn't have to be every day;; and sometimes ;; twice a day;; but NEVER three times a day..!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slightly miffed at untruth in ebay listings. A couple of months ago there was a listing for 4 Frank Zappa minidiscs with pictures of the discs. Looked legit, had a friend of mine in the states put in a bid for me, was successful, brought them down yesterday, looked neat, but on looking at them, yes they were mini discs, not MD though, they were the 3" CD singles, sound and look good, but not what I thought I was buying. Around the same time there was a post for 48 recorded MD's, got that too, all my friend got was the address portion of the wrapper, nothing else. He in in contact with the seller for replacement or money back.

Damn !!!

Bob