Sony RM-MC55ELK Pictorial

Rate this topic

Stunning, Ishii - instantly one of my favorite pictorials you've done in your tenure here. Your macro photography skills have considerably improved, most likely from all the discs you've been taking pictures of. smile.gif Where did you purchase this at?

What is your favorite remote out of all the ones you own?

Thanks Chris.

My current favorite is a tie between MC40ELK and MC55ELK; and I acquired the MC55ELK directly via a friend in Shanghai.

Upon reviewing your pictures -- aesthetically, the 55ELK is the new champion..

What are some good places to obtain the 55ELK? Perhaps that information will help others who are inspired by your pictorial. wink.gif

Well, if one does not have contacts in China or Japan, I would have to say that eBay being the best place to acquire the MC55ELK.

I think the parts center wants $156.95 for the remote. Since it is bundled with the

D-NE920, it would be cheaper to buy the D-NE920. I have seen it for 129.99 sometimes less

Yes, it's better to acquire a Japanese NE920 if you desire the MC55ELK. However, if you search harder within eBay, you will find decent deals for the MC55ELK.

What is the difference between the RM-MC55elk and the RM-MC53EL/SM

on Sony's direct accessories site?

Never mind I checked the post on the different remotes and found out that the

53EL is identical to the 55elk except it does not support multi language displays.

Edited by tasdisr

Indeed, the RM-MC55ELK was never intended for retail sale. But one can always acquire it via the appropriate Parts Center.

Bargaining4all.com does have it listed for $72 plus shipping, which is usually about $20 to the US from these guys in China. I bought my 1st 40ELK and a battery charger from them. You won't get the retail box like you would from buyfromjapan but you will get the item. The 40ELK worked great but the battery charger has been so-so. Luckily, a friend gave me an extra for $2 biggrin.gif . Still, I would say you can trust these guys.

Their eBay Store is here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done pretty much all the shopping there is for this thing and what's available seems to be:

Partstore.com - 82.95 + free shipping til Dec. 31 (Silver Color)

WHSLE.BIZ.STORE on eBay - $65 + $25 Shipping (White Color)

I went to the above seller's online store here and even though he didn't show it as available in his store, I e-mailed him about availability. He quoted me 85 Shipped (White Color)

If you don't need Japanese/Chinese/Korean support you can go for the RM-MC53EL. Exactly the same minus Asian character display.

Partstore.com - 34.95 plus shipping (Silver Color, Black Available for 76.95 with free shipping til Dec. 31)

WHSLE.BIZ.STORE on eBay $59.99 + $25 Shipping (Silver Color) (Like above, this isn't listed in the online store, but if you e-mail he'll probably quote you a lower price)

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for all the great info and pix on the remotes, the one that came with the US version of the Rh10 was really disappointing state side, seems really cheap next to the beauty of the unit itself. So I'm off to PartStore to order a RM-MC55ELK, wish that they had it in black. I usually avoid forums but this one is great and had all the info you could want, thanks to all.

Wild.

It looks like you rotate the tip for Display, P-Mode, etc., and then push the button--is that right?

Yes, that is correct.

More important, does this have the recording functions of the RM-MC40ELK?

Specifically, level monitoring and track marking?

Thanks.

If I remember correctly, it does not have the recording functions of the RM-MC40ELK. After all, the RM-MC55ELK was designed for Sony's newer PCDP. But I will confirm this feature once I get back from vacation.

• 1 month later...

hiii Ishiyoshi,

i saw that u use the rm-mc55elk remote with the rh-10. i currently own mz-m10 and i was wondering wether this remote is compatible with mine? do you have any idea? by the way, i noticed that the 55elk remote got search button. can the search function really work on hi-md minidisc?thanks for any reply.

i currently own mz-m10 and i was wondering wether this remote is compatible with mine? do you have any idea?

I believe the remote will work just fine with the M10.

by the way, i noticed that the 55elk remote got search button. can the search function really work on hi-md minidisc?thanks for any reply.

If I remember correctly: no, search function can only be used from the Hi-MD unit itself and not with the RM-MC55ELK.

I believe the remote will work just fine with the M10.

If I remember correctly: no, search function can only be used from the Hi-MD unit itself and not with the RM-MC55ELK.

Nope, the Search Button is limited solely to D-NE20/920 (and other D-NEX220 that are capable of using LCD remotes) series of units. The Search button works only with those units, and not with any HiMD or MD units (confirmed with MZ-NH1 and MZ-RH910)

oh, so the search button can't be used. too bad. luckily, i didn't rush myself to buy it.how about the RM-MC40ELK remote? does it support search button? and one more thing, what are other functions in the 55ELK remote that can't be used besides the search function?

Edited by rentabau

• 6 months later...