300+ cd's stolen, 100+ MD ATRAC 5 remaining

Rate this topic

snoo

Hi...

I have a real big problem, my house was robbed 1 year ago and they took my 300+ cd collection. I've been a MD user since 1996 and I have approximately 100+ MD'S on ATRAC 5 recorded on a Sharp MD-R3. I would like to recover all the stuff that I have on MD'S to WAV CD'S. I have a Sony MZ-NF610 NETMD that a can use to up load the tracks via line in to my PC but I can find a way to record individual wav files per song in a easy way with AUDACITY.

Any suggestions?

Hi...

I have a real big problem, my house was robbed 1 year ago and they took my 300+ cd collection. I've been a MD user since 1996 and I have approximately 100+ MD'S on ATRAC 5 recorded on a Sharp MD-R3. I would like to recover all the stuff that I have on MD'S to WAV CD'S. I have a Sony MZ-NF610 NETMD that a can use to up load the tracks via line in to my PC but I can find a way to record individual wav files per song in a easy way with AUDACITY.

Any suggestions?

Well I had the same problem. I had large collections of Cds that were stolen and I had them recorded in traditional MD's. I could recover all my collections using WinNmd. The application allows you to look at the contents of your minidiscs and choose individual tracks to upload. The process is done in real time, but the it is extremely easy and, if you choose the option, the program can record your tracks directly in mp3.

download it from:

http://winnmd.net/

ps. It's not a free program, but it is cheap and you can support the author to continue doing this amazing projects.

Why do I always forget about that app? Maybe because I have never used it. I may have to get it one of these days. smile.gif I actually enjoy the "Audacity" way of doing things. Yes I am strange. biggrin.gif

Edited by KrazyIvan