SonicStage 3.2 MDCF Version,

Rate this topic

imak

State your system specs according to the rules..

1) Sony VAIO VGn-a295hp notebook with WinXP + SP2, 512 Ram

2)Fujitsu-Siemens P4 3.2 WinXP +sP1, 1,5 GB Ram

The MD unit is a NH1 connected directly to PC's USB port, (no hub used)

SonicStage 2.0 works fine, from the original installation CD.

I have upgraded the ss 2.0 to 2.3 in the past and it was also working. The installation in Vaio was an upgrade, but in Siemens is a new clean installation.

Any help welcome,

Thanks

imak

Upgraded.

Uninstall / install.

No Joy.

One thing I noticed is that Simple Burner recognize the himd as soon as I plug it in but sonicstage not.

Any idea?

This is normal SS never recognises my Hi-MD's for about 30 seconds. After this if I then click on my blue transfer button at the top (next to My Library) I can see HI-MD (F:) as a possible destination.

Make sure your HiMD is NOT connected while the drivers are being installed

The drivers are found @ C:\Program Files\Sony\Personal Audio Driver

But anyhow, I won't recommend installing SS on any VAIO

Thank you,

I believe the same about the Vaio. Sony's installed application are producing a mess in registry.

I don't have the himg unit connected while the SS 3.2 is being installed.

Something I noticedis that if I completely uninstall 3.2 and install 2.0 from Sony's CD everything works perfectly.

Is there anything else that I can try?

Thanks again for helping,

Thank you for releasing ss 3.2 as a standalone installer.

installed in 2 PC's but cannot recognise the nh1.

The same happened and with 3.1 Mdcf installer.

Uninstall/install as the description in FAQ but nothing.....

sad.gif Desperate...

ohh this installer rock!

i needed beacuse i dont have a fast internet connection at home. instead, at university, they have a super speed (1000k, now we know in what they invest our money) and this saves me a lot of time and money at home.

thanks dude!

Imak

Any help please....? sad.gif

search the software faq's for recent threads about the same recognition problem... there is a workaround involving the German 3.0 version and I guess you can find it if you look into these other posts

well, I looked it up for you: here it is

I had the same problem the other day for the first time. I have an NH900 and currently use Sonic Stage 3.1. I could not get SS to recognise that the MD was attached. Simple Burner didn't have a problem recognising the MD however.

After a lot of playing about and hair tearing I took a DVD that was in the drive out and went back into SS and after a few seconds SS recognised the MD. I would say that the DVD was one I had compiled myself and maybe that confused SS.

I hope to upgrade to SS3.2 as I understand that you can upload unlimited times from HI-MD to My Library (is that really the case?). Will the installation overwrite what is already in My Library?

Edited by Shozzer

I hope to upgrade to SS3.2 as I understand that you can upload unlimited times from HI-MD to My Library (is that really the case?). Will the installation overwrite what is already in My Library?

Have just discovered the topic on software installation and am off for a read...