Transfering Mp3s to Hi-MD player as ATRAC3 problem

Rate this topic

gmuellerdrum

Hi everyone,

First post, here we go.

I have an RH910 and I want my mp3s to be transfered to my player as ATRAC3 files.

I changed the settings in SS 3.2 to convert files to 132kpsATRAC3 and then transfer.

I tranfer the files and they are still MP3s!

Is there a way to get them to be ATRAC3s without converting my entire library?

I like having the atracs insted of mp3s on my MD player because I can put track marks in when I am studying pieces of music.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gmuellerdrum

Go into the transfer options, and uncheck the "Transfer as-is" box. Then specify which bitrate you want your files to be converted to. But honestly, I don't see why you want to transcode from lossy mp3 to lossy 132 Kbps ATRAC. (YUCK). Your music will sound terrible.

But honestly, I don't see why you want to transcode from lossy mp3 to lossy 132 Kbps ATRAC. (YUCK). Your music will sound terrible.

Thanks for the reply. I did that, and it still just transfers them as MP3s. As for the quality, I use the music for study and I need them in ATRAC so I can track mark the tracks in certain places. You cant trackmark the mp3s.

hello!! this is my first posting too!!...

i have the same problem... mmm.. actually i have lots of problems with SS3.2... =P

anyway.. the thing is that i tried the same but using Hi-SP (320 Kpbs Atrac+) and the files on the MD are still mp3... no matter the quality of the original mp3, i've tried 160 Kbps mp3s, 192 Kbps mp3s, and they're still being transferred as-is...

Thanks for the reply. I did that, and it still just transfers them as MP3s.  As for the quality, I use the music for study and I need them in ATRAC so I can track mark the tracks in certain places.  You cant trackmark the mp3s.

AFAIK, you can't place track marks into any track that you transfer from the computer to your HiMD... Mp3 or ATRAC.

You may have to record the tracks via analogue in realtime in order to be able to place the track marks.

Edited by raintheory

I´m annoyed by this same mis-feature and before we get a Sonic Stage release with a "forced conversion" option, this is the only way I´m getting around the issue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don´t use SS as your music library. It´s a pretty okay piece of software for this but since there are other issues with the app I personally just keep my music organized within a single folder.

Decide what files you want to dowload to your disc(s) and set them up as a playlist in Winamp (or use any other method for remembering which files you wnated to transfer.

Import the MP3´s into 'My Library' in Sonic Stage and convert them to ATRAC by selecting all the files, right-clicking and choosing 'Convert format'.

Delete the MP3´s from the libarary but NOT FROM YOUR PC (uncheck the dialog box when SS presents you with a warning).

Import the converted ATRAC files from where they were saved (chose a appropriate folder in Sonic Stage´s settings).

Transfer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Major hassle, I know - and I´m not happy about Sonic Stage working like this either. But for now, this seems to be the only solution (I´ll gladly accept suggestions on how this could be done in an easier way).

There is also the Nero/Simple Burner method which seems to work pretty well, but apprently my Nero doesn´t come with Imagedrive - so I can´t use this method.

Do a search on this, more info should be available on the forums.

• 2 months later...

FIRST POST!:)

My method is similar to peter 156 although I use alcohol 120 (an image drive program that easily creates one without the overkill in hard drive space)

I think using the create CD, BURN as IMAGE, THEN LOAD IN IMAGE DRIVE, THEN USE SIMPLE BURNER method is far more easier than sonic stage. However you don't have the option to upload back into SS and you can only do maybe 18 tracks at time which is time consuming. But the sound quality even in the regular MD is awesome.

that's my two cents