Sony/Panasonic MiniDisc CM [Commercial] Ads

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

Sony/Panasonic MiniDisc CM [Commercial] Ads

For those interested, here are a few Sony/Panasonic MiniDisc CM (Commercial) Ads. Enjoy. :)

*Please allow time to load the .gif files. If you have a CM not listed below and wished to share, please pm Ishiyoshi.

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

Sony MiniDisc 1999 CM | Utada Hikaru | Red Hot MD Media

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=786]

Sony MiniDisc CM | Dragon Ash | MZ-E90

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=804]

Sony MiniDisc CM | MZ-N10/E10

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=1255]

Sony MiniDisc CM | NetMD ~ Superior ATRAC Sound

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=1258]

Sony MiniDisc 2003 CM | CHEMISTRY feat. Kou Shibasaki | MD Walkman MZ-E620 & LAM-Z03 SoundGate

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=805]

Sony MiniDisc 2004 CM | Mika Nakashima | MD Walkman MZ-E630 Ad

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=902]

Sony Hi-MD CM | Mika Nakashima | Hi-MD MZ-NH1 Walkman Ad

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=787]

Panasonic MiniDisc CM | Ayumi Hamasaki - "everywhere nowhere" | MJ55

IPB Image

Click to download original CM media --> [attachmentid=1256]

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

SonyMDCM_HikaruRedHot.mpg

SonyHi_MD_MikaNakashima_CM.mpg

MZ_E90CM_DragonAsh.zip

SonyMD2003CM.zip

Sony_MD_MZ_E630_CM.zip

MZN10_E10.zip

Panasonic_MJ55.zip

NetMDSAS.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^_^ I've got one here -- ft. Ayumi Hamasaki

Panasonic MJ55

Dockin' style
MD

Update: attachment moved to main post.

Edited by Jacques

Nice! :blink: I've had these on my HDD for years, just recently found them. This one is from the HK market.

Net
MD
MZ-N10

64x High Speed Transfer

Edited by Jacques

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing these CMs, Jacques! I will move your contributions into the main post shortly. ;)

:ninja: No problem,. Thanks for the quick update. Here's my last one (MD)

Edited by Ishiyoshi

• 5 weeks later...

hey hopefully somone here knows it, im new to the forum so if im in the wrong place let me know. Heres the question i got. Im pretty sure that everyone is familar with the BLUE guy that helped promote the minidisc. His name was Plato the martian, man does this sound cheesy. Anyway... My question lies with the music that was played in a certain commercial that he was in. There are two of them to be exact. They both take place in a hospital and hes sitting on a bed/laying down. He's jamming to 'techno/electronica' it is heard very faintly. Then the nurse comes over and puts a stethiscope on him and then the techno/electronica that he was playing is amplified like crazy. I am pretty sure there were two commercials that hes in a hospital and a nurse comes over, they arent exactly the same but im sure there are two. This commmercial goes way back. So i guess what im trying to get at is if anyone knows any information about this or has the commercial saved that would be sweet. On top of that any information about the actual producer of the music that would be even better. Like i said its an older commercail, i have been lookin for the music/commercial for like over a year now, im determined that somone knows it. If anyone remembers seeing it drop a line also. thanx hope to see some responses.

regards -j

Anyway... My question lies with the music that was played in a certain commercial that he was in. There are two of them to be exact. They both take place in a hospital and hes sitting on a bed/laying down. He's jamming to 'techno/electronica' it is heard very faintly. Then the nurse comes over and puts a stethiscope on him and then the techno/electronica that he was playing is amplified like crazy. I am pretty sure there were two commercials that hes in a hospital and a nurse comes over, they arent exactly the same but im sure there are two. This commmercial goes way back. So i guess what im trying to get at is if anyone knows any information about this or has the commercial saved that would be sweet.

Welcome to MDCF!

I believe the ad in question is of Sony's Network Walkman --> you can download the ad at our sister forum, ATRACLife.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the link. The first one is sure weird; and the other two were the same ones posted by Tiesto just earlier.

Oops, sorry. After watching that first one (way too long), I figured the videos were all that length and didn't watch them. ;)

I uploaded this NetMD advertisement for Latinamerica: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=838ZW4T0

That would be a neat drive-thru! This commercial makes the N510 look cool and it's not one of my favorite looking ones at all. Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember the good old days, when you might actually see a MiniDisc advert on the telly? Does it still occur in some parts of the world?

The only time I can recall seeing an ad for MD on Canadian television was during the 1996 Olympic Games. Sony bought a tonne of advertising slots on the CBC. I remember a guy hitchhiking in some desolate part of North America. The passing motorists all seemed a bit skeptical, but fortunately he had several thematic MD mixes in his backpack, so he always had some music that would win over the different types of people stopping to pick him up... Outstanding! In all honesty, that may have been the ad that really interested the young lad that I was in the format. That, or its presence in the old Consumers Distributing Catalogue.

In any case, I found of couple of classic European Sony MD adverts on my hard drive that I've uploaded to YouTube for the world to enjoy. I've got one that aired in France and another destined for the UK but that never aired as far as I know. There's also this Japanese ad for MDLP (Quicktime) that is hidden away on the mothership.

*Update: Here are three more that I just found hiding away on YouTube.

Does anyone know of any other classic or contemporary television adverts for MiniDisc floating around on the Internet?

Edited by Belletristik

• 1 year later...

I remember about a couple of US TV CM's that ran during the US heydays of MD (around 1997-99, when I was starting to get into it), with these two dudes explaining the many advantages of MiniDiscs over cassette tapes, as well as a couple of ads that ran in 2004 with the introduction of the '04 models, including, and mainly focused on, the then-new 20 GB (I thought back then, 20 GB???!!!) NW-HD1 Network Walkman as well as their ATRAC CD, NetMD, and then-new Hi-MD units and their then-newly-lauched Connect store, it looked some thing like a music video or something of that nature.

If Ishi or anyone has recordings or downloads of these CM's, please either post them on YouTube or here on this topic, so I can have more MD advertising memorabilia to truly state that "I was there back in the day".

• 10 months later...

I'm still looking for the one I saw in cinemas once (Germany) where there is one MD (hand-painted) that goes around the world and through different hands back to its original owner ... was some kind of love mixtape. One quote I remember is "I made this one for you" (said by someone driving a car to his new love or something - he did not make this MD, of course ^^)

Would love to see that again!!!

Then there's one I'm not sure of whether it contains MDs but it was about Sony Network walkmen. A young man - near-dead - treated with different sorts of music, transferred from a computer. At the end the song "Tied to the Mast" by Lo Fidelity Allstars is played. (Or maybe it was 2 commercials?) Saw that at a cinema, too ... several times.

rgrds, HaL.

• 3 months later...