What Was The Last Film You Saw?

Rate this topic

Guest Stuge

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw 'Date Movie', from makers of 'not another teen movie', had its funny moments but was still a film to take ya bich to, not really a complete spoof flick, theres still a 'happy ending', because of this 5 out of 10. Don't watch it unless you laugh at stuff very easily. I did find the 'jinx' the cat moment very funny though, as well as adriana lima aka victoria secret -hottest-woman alive, being it made it decent. I did feel the humour lacked the extremness of 'not another teen movie' and 'scary movie' but anyway.

why no comment? i want to hear what you have to say

because whenever people dissaggree about anything on a forum you often get people either flaming eachother or just using the ignore feature if it gets too far lol. That and the fact that I am not very good and being tactful when it comes to saying what I think lol. I basicly found those sort of films a bit drawn out and not very stimulating. I wasnt hooked to the extent that I was rooting for anyone or gripped in any way.Some films off the top of my head that i own include:

The score

Training day

Snatch

Angelas Ashes

fight club

the beach

a beautiful mind

the bone collector

trainspotting

good will hunting

under suspicion

As for what you could call 'feel good' or 'soppy' flicks, I have

'Family man'

'high fidelity'

I guess I just found the humour in tanenbaums a bit quirky and bland. There is the small factors that I dont really like the actors that were in it, namely owen wilson, ben stiller, luke wilson. Basicly I am not big on actors that are not 'big screen actors', or basicly actors that were in films that were big flops lol.

Feel free to discuss, but please dont get too emotional, thanks in advance. :lol:

I rented Fantastic 4 and Lord of War over the weekend.

How was fantasic four? I read reviews that it was just a film to show how each character came to be, and didnt really have some HUGE saving/plots going on. How did you find it?

Have had a bit of spare time of-late:

SeaBiscuit (pretty good drama)

K-19 The WidowMaker (good submarine movie)

Fantastic Four (not even close to X-Men)

Sin City (well-made & fascinating)

The Transporter (crappy)

Dark City (top movie with a great twist at the end)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) (a classic)

Hotel Rwanda (well made)

Hidalgo (B-grade story with A-grade quality)

The Life Of David Gale (excellent drama with Kevin Spacey)

The Machinist (a scarily thin Christian Bale plays a strange character in a strange movie)

Kingdom Of Heaven (A-grade movie in all regards)

also, have just started re-watching my Babylon-5 Dvd collection again. Half-way through at the moment. First rate sci-fi series.

Can't remember the rest.

• 4 weeks later...

Just watched Lord of war a couple days ago. Awesome movie. Definitely tells you the dirty little secret on why we have wars, and the people behind them.

Watched Full metal Alchemist conquerer of Shambala yesterday. I haven't watched the actual series, but this movie is very good with great story and great characters.

Today was a "sit & watch a few flicks with a few beers" kind of Sunday.

The beers were Hooegarden ( :D:drinks: ), a coupla Clipper City Golds, and Sierra Nevada IPA. If you haven't had it yet, it is -nowhere- near as good as regular Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

The films of choice were O Brother, Where Art Thou, and Spiderman.

How was fantasic four? I read reviews that it was just a film to show how each character came to be, and didnt really have some HUGE saving/plots going on. How did you find it?

Sorry I am just reading this Greg. It was alright I guess. Better than the Hulk. It is definitley setting you up for more movies to come. Then there is Jessica Alba. :D

Just watched Lord of war a couple days ago. Awesome movie. Definitely tells you the dirty little secret on why we have wars, and the people behind them.

Makes you think doesn't it?

I watched Nicholas Cage's "The Weatherman", what a contrast compared to Lord of War. It was not very good and somewhat dissapointing. My wife tried to watch it twice and fell asleep half way through both times. <_<

• 2 months later...

Just went and saw X-men 3 at the cinema. Was definetly better than 1 and 2. I went into it expecting a film on par with 1 and 2 but this one is definetly better. I would've liked some more blood when gene gray does her work, but other than that it was cool. Some of the 'jokey' lines were kind of cheesey too but not bad enough to effect my overall thoughts.

requiem for a dream.

was ok to watch but wont be watching that again.

It's an interesting story, but yeah, not something I'd watch again. There were some pretty gross parts.

Just watched a video purchased on eBay, of the 1937 musical Hollywood Hotel. An historical treasure, for sure! It features some really cool stuff, including the now-famous song Hooray For Hollywood, a brief stint of the young Ronald Reagan in his second film appearance, and best of all, what amounts to a music video of the Benny Goodman Orchestra in a rousing rendition of the hit big band swing tune "Sing, Sing, Sing", featuring the outstanding drumming of Gene Krupa.

[Christ, I guess this post is really showing my age, eh?]

“Sing, Sing, Sing” is probably the most famous tune associated with Goodman, if not the entire Swing Era. However, it was originally a tune written by Louis Prima, and did feature vocals as the title suggests. Thus when it was imported into the band, it was originally intended as a feature for singer Helen Ward. However, the talented instrumentalists in the band kept changing it in performances, adding new passages and quotes from other songs like Chu Berry's “Christopher Columbus” to the point where it bore little resemblance to the original. But the most recognizable part of the song is Gene Krupa's drumming, which exists as a motif throughout the song. Ward recalls that one night Krupa refused to stop drumming when he got to the end of the third chorus and Goodman picked up his clarinet and soloed right along with him. The tune continued to morph in this fashion until it reached a length of eight minutes and filled both sides of a 78.

[attachmentid=1826]

post-4093-1151669951_thumb.jpg

Lethal Weapon films are absolutely brilliant! Great taste!

I last watched The Island. Despite all the bad reviews, I actually really enjoyed it, and the action scenes are A+. Worth watching. I've learnt to ignore the reviews!!

Last turkey I saw was Silent Hill, IMO. LOL! :D