Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Zeitgeist:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ <- You can watch the full movie here

an interesting "documentary".

SOOOOOO many untruths in that Movie , absolute rubbish . I watched it , and would love to have a conversation with that direct and writer .

First , not to start a Religious debate , but according to the scriptures , a carefull read will show plainly and clearly that Jesus was NOT born on DEC 25

First clue ...... The sheppards were OUT in the fields with their sheep , over night actually sleeping outside with them , when the angels appeared .

DEC at Night , ????? in Isreal , like most other places in the northern hemisphere is VERY cold.

Second , Jesus wa born 6 months after John , (His Cousin , who became John the Babtist ) how do we know this , Mary visited Johns mother when she about to give birth , and Mary was 3 months pregnant , John was born in the early spring, placing Jesus in early Fall , not in the end of Dec .

his statements are not based on fact and are base almost entirely on congecture. Dec 25 is a Pagan celebration though , it history dates way back thru different cultures and was adopted just after Constantine made Christianity a "State Religion " giving birth to the Roman Catholic Church .

It had nothing to do with Jesus's Birth

FWIW, I wasn't saying I agree with any of the content of the "documentary" (hence the quotation marks), but I enjoy seeing things that try to get people to see things in a different way, which IMO is what the film was trying to convey. To not take the truth as it is told to you, find your own truths and don't believe everything you are told.

Especially not from a "documentary" circulating on the internet.

In other words, I like the intent.. while not necessarily agreeing with the content

FWIW, I wasn't saying I agree with any of the content of the "documentary" (hence the quotation marks), but I enjoy seeing things that try to get people to see things in a different way, which IMO is what the film was trying to convey. To not take the truth as it is told to you, find your own truths and don't believe everything you are told.

Especially not from a "documentary" circulating on the internet.

In other words, I like the intent.. while not necessarily agreeing with the content

OK , I can agree with that . as I said no intention of starting a debate , but when I saw that , just the first 20 minutes of it had me laughing , I know quite a bit about the Ancient Mesopotamian History and Babylonian History , their Dieties and so forth , and this guy just flat didnt do his homework .

Edited by Guitarfxr

flamber : for the idea of quick combustion, burning rapidly; literaly burning money, in this case. it applies as well for people living an ostentatious expensive lifestyle uppon receiving sudden high cash gain -or not... spending what they don't have.

Hi Wiz, how about flambeur, will that one little letter change thongs, may fit anyways in an earlier post was said it's a gambler, the mug on a card seem to fit that,

Thanks

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

watched Davinci Code a couple of days ago, boring, just finished Buena Vista Social Club, brings back great memories of Havana, got to get back there soon, revisit some of the spots in the film, have been in the Egrem recording studio, what a neat place

Bob

watched Davinci Code a couple of days ago, boring, just finished Buena Vista Social Club, brings back great memories of Havana, got to get back there soon, revisit some of the spots in the film, have been in the Egrem recording studio, what a neat place

Bob

EGREM RECORDING STUDIO - you been there - *i am exclamating*

and i thought i had the perfect life - that going places was never fun -

maybe yous are the lucky ones -

at least this thread is giving me ideas what movies to rent since i dropped Netflix - this is better than all those boring and biased tv reviews

• 4 weeks later...

Just recently saw Tim Burton's "A Nightmare Before Christmas" in Digital 3D. I saw the the movie when it first came out years ago and thought that it was a pretty cool flick then,but the 3D gave it a totally amazing breath of life. Not only was the 3D incredible(with the lightly shaded glasses, not the blue/red ones), but they remastered the sound and color of the whole flick. I went with my seventeen year old daughter(her idea) and she was impressed also.The only thing that sucked about the movie(besides the $9.75 to get in), was that we had to purchase the 3D glasses for the movie. I mean they were hard plastic frame and lenses, but gimme a break ! :mega_shok:

Wasn't sure whether to put it here or the what I just listened to!! Because it was a video, here it went.

Just got a video of a concert that I found out about the day it happened (Early April 2005), so couldn't make it, got the CD last time I was in Cuba.

The CD is "Rick Wakeman - Live from Havana" and the DVD is "Rick Wakeman- Made in Cuba" The proceed from the CD and the DVD went in support of the Children's Hospital in Havana. Fidel cancelled his talk at the Karl Marx theatre so that Rick could perform, as Fidel said, "What Rick is offering is more important than anything I can say."

Even with that scores of Ricks "fans" lambasted Rick with negativity about performing in Cuba, so much that he had to shut down portions of his site, and cut back his touring.

Back to the video, absolutely amazing, all his and some Yes Hits, good band, excellent musicianship, and a thrilled audience. I liked at the end when he walked into the crowd with his keytar, brought a beautiful girl on stage, she held out her hands and became a keyboard holder for about 5 minutes of Merlin the Magician.

I highly recommend everyone to search for and get either the CD, or the DVD

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched the Macworld 2008 Keynote .

I went ahead and downloaded the new iTunes after completely removing the other from my system .

It is a lot faster , and seems like they fixed quite a few things , Highlights from the keynote are the Movie Rentals , ........ I dont agree with 24 hours watch time (1 week would be ok) but the fact that I can rent movies from anywhere in the world , without a credit card or any other form of direct access to personal info , that rules. iTunes cards , are everywhere , and are same as cash .

The new features , of the Apple TV , and what they have done for the iPhone and (god dare I say it ) iPod touch , actually make the thing useable .

Maps with user location ( yes GPS , but WiFi based not sattelite) if they include world maps for every country , iPod touch becomes incredibly usefull

Google maps with directions , and Turn by Turn guidance , just like the 3000 dollar car systems . in the palm of your hand , along with Movies and music , ( God me of all people saying something nice about an iPod , .........)

Think about it , a foreigner visits Japan , or France , wherever , instead of looking like a total tourist , whips out the iPod , or iPhone dials up the map , "Oh here I am " ok type where you want to go , and VISUAL guidance direct to that spot .

.................. While jamming to Rush "Moving Pictures"

ok , I am sold , when that comes to Japan , I will get it .

• 1 month later...

Just watched Enemy of the State last night. I've had the pleasure of meeting the author of the book that the movie was based on a couple of times, interesting individual, much of the movie is based on fact.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...