• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched Ocean's 13 last night, not the best of the series, but not bad, also watched Rush Hour 3, again, the same, first is the best, second, not bad, third, too much CT yelling, nice scenes though,

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Saw The Dark Knight twice this weekend (once on IMAX, once on regular screen). Absolutely amazing. Heath Ledger's Joker blew me away, as did the rest of the film. Two and a half hours, yet not a slow second in the film. Everything about it was incredible.

I'll second that. I saw it on Friday at a special screening, and I intend to see it again once releashed!

• 1 month later...

It's not often I'll quit a movie part way through, but I had to do it with Lightspeed, could find nothing redeeming, waste of $7.00 at the sale bin at the store, stay away, after that I felt I had to revisit an old friend, so in went Buena Vista Social Club, said it before, what memories of Havan, seems I recognize more places everytime I watch it, see it again if you haven't seen it in a while, if you haven't, you are in for a treat

Bob

......I had to revisit an old friend, so in went Buena Vista Social Club, said it before, what memories of Havan, seems I recognize more places everytime I watch it, see it again if you haven't seen it in a while, if you haven't, you are in for a treat

Bob

you have peeked my interest in this movie - i will try to rent it - if it is as good as the sound track - ( i think it's the movie of the CD i have) - and by your recommendation - i should enjoy it -

you have peeked my interest in this movie - i will try to rent it - if it is as good as the sound track - ( i think it's the movie of the CD i have) - and by your recommendation - i should enjoy it -

Ray, you will love it, it expands on the music of the CD, as well as bio's the main player's. If there is a down side, there is a tad too much focus on Ry Cooder, but he put it together, and there can never really be to much Ry Cooder. When you see Ry and his son on the motorcycle coming up to Egrem, that is the area I spend most of my time in Havana,

Hope you enjoy it

Watched Pink Floyd's " Pulse " lst night great memories of the 94 show in Edmonton that they played, what a band!!

Today just finished " Calle 54 " a latin jazz cd, Tito Puente, Gato Barbieri, Chacho Valdez, Elian Elias, and more, not as much focus on the artist as Buena Vista, but enough to make it interesting, great jazz

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Year in Tibet

Nice series depicting the lives of average Tibetans. All the episodes appear to be available online, such as here:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=a+ye...4&ct=title#

I brought the first two with me to Nepal on DVD and I guess I'll see the rest when I get back to Japan next year. No chance to download anything like that here in Nepal.

Just finished " The Bucket List " with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, very good, recommend it.

and " The Bank Job" with Jason Statham, neet bit of history

my wife wants to go see the Bucket List - and i am willing except i HATE cinemas - i'd rather wait for the DVD and take naps during the boring parts - (and make my own pop-corn with with cinnemon & celery salt -

my wife wants to go see the Bucket List - and i am willing except i HATE cinemas - i'd rather wait for the DVD and take naps during the boring parts - (and make my own pop-corn with with cinnemon & celery salt -

Hi Ray, DVD is what I had, there are no boring bits, you will enjoy.

Bob

Hi Ray, DVD is what I had, there are no boring bits, you will enjoy.

Bob

my wife and i went to go rent the Bucket List - and i was telling her i think the place closed down ' but she insisted it didn't - that she was it opened - lol - it was closed down - ((moral of the story - i am always right !!))

we are dying to see it - so we have to have a special trip across the city - (it IS next to the "chocolate Store) !!

footnote - for the past 2 or 3 days - your site would not come up on my three PC's finally today it did !!

Edited by rayzray

thanks - Bob_

well - my wife and i finally watched The Bucket List and absolutely enjoyed it - my wife and i are bothe 65 and we sort of have our own "Bucket List' - we are gonna skip mountain climbing !!

I'd skip the parachute drop as well, but part of my list would be to see Tangerine Dream, Depeche Mode, and Van Morrison.

Did you ever watch Buena Vista Social Club?

Take Care,

bob

I'd skip the parachute drop as well, but part of my list would be to see Tangerine Dream, Depeche Mode, and Van Morrison.

Did you ever watch Buena Vista Social Club?

Take Care,

bob

no - not yet- and i know my wife won't watch it - but i would find it interesting -

i wouldn't mind seeing Tangerine Dream - IF they had a lot of visual efx -

- but i am NOT a "Concert" going person - i prefer to watch concerts on DVD's in the convenience of my home - and eating popcorn with cinnemon and celery salt -

footnote #1 - and - i prefer to re-mix ALL my concerts and take out the "Bad Stuff" !!

Edited by rayzray

no - not yet- and i know my wife won't watch it - but i would find it interesting -

i wouldn't mind seeing Tangerine Dream - IF they had a lot of visual efx -

- but i am NOT a "Concert" going person - i prefer to watch concerts on DVD's in the convenience of my home - and eating popcorn with cinnemon and celery salt -

footnote #1 - and - i prefer to re-mix ALL my concerts and take out the "Bad Stuff" !!

Actually, she might be surprised, a lot of neat interviews with older musicians, great setting, fabulous music, worth a try, put it on and surprise her, have the popcorn ready though,

Bob

Actually, she might be surprised, a lot of neat interviews with older musicians, great setting, fabulous music, worth a try, put it on and surprise her, have the popcorn ready though,

Bob

well - i went and rented Bueno Vista Social Club and i am "Copying" it at this moment - (with the sound off) lol - ((on my SIMA A/V set up ))

seems like i have seen this once before on TV and that is what made me go BUY the CD version -

my plan (Plan A ) is ti copy this on DVD/Rams in Half Hour increments and make my own frienly version -

i (rayzray) will separate the documentary from the music/video parts - and make one version with just the music and one version in tact -

it's what i do best - but no one understands me so i keep it to myself -

Footnote#1 - my wife will NEVER go for this - she will be knitting in 20- minutes - - oh - she don't knit - fit in a smoke break - she smokes -

Footnote #2 - ok - so i put the volume up a bit - just to know where i stand - looking for where to stop the sections -

if it "Talks' it's in one DVD - if it sings - it's in another DVD - see ??!!

Footnote#3 - at least these ppl "HARMONIZE" well - and i like harmonizing - not - like - Pavaratti and Dimingo and them who sell crap and sing in "unison" and can't harmonize for crap - i hate singers that can't harmonize - mater of fact - i hate anything that hates me - too -

Edited by rayzray

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday I "Saw V" ( :lol: pun!!!). Interesting how it explain the 4 others movies of the saga. And always gore scenes but less than the 3rd part.