Rate this topic

Guest Stuge

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I am a movie addict. I see like at least 2 movies each weekend. haha but i love every movie i see.

Just today, i saw Tristan and Isolde. It was a very good movie. The romance..well it didnt show too much..but you really felt the connection.

Its basically about a Guy, a warrior, that falls in love with the princess of his enemy, without knowing it. but then there was a contest where he wins her in his kings name without knowing its her. so its about how they love each other..but they cannot be with each other

It had good romance, and good fight scenes, i highly reccomend it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a day off, so caught up with some films.

Watched Tokyo Sonata which I thought was really interesting with some great urban landscapes of places in Tokyo you never really see in films,

51JU4XX4jGL._SS500_.jpg

Then followed that up with Matrix Reloaded also on BD - seemed to enjoy it a lot more than when I first saw it a few years back.

The Set-Up.

1949 film noir classic. My brother and I just happened upon it on cable.

It has the best boxing sequence I have ever seen in a film.

Adapted from a book-length narrative poem by Joseph Moncure March.

I have to say that we came in about midway through the movie, but it was so compelling that I will watch it again from the beginning.

Watched a Swedish adaptation of the same name called "Let the Right One In".

Not your average vampire/horror flick with tons of gore but deals with issues involving love and romance.

Really interesting film..

I watched this last week. "Interesting" is one word. Disturbing is a bit more accurate. The ambiguous ending is interesting/disturbing, too. (Any more specific would be spoilers). My wife suggested that it looks like the little girl engineered that ending purposely very early on. I'm not sure she's wrong.

Watched a Swedish adaptation of the same name called "Let the Right One In".

Not your average vampire/horror flick with tons of gore but deals with issues involving love and romance.

Really interesting film..

Looks really interesting. I am going to check it out over the weekend.

Just watched "The Spirit", true comic book to film, but not bad, worth a watch

Bob

Was a fun flim. I enjoyed it as well a while back.

Watched Hight Fidelity, with john Cusack.

A great movie: i love the actor + it makes me dreaming about having a Minidisc shop... The shop in the movie is too big even with all commercial mds ever released lol

I wonder if such stores are still existing: one shop selling vinyles in my town closed 2 years ago... :(

Watched Hight Fidelity, with john Cusack.

A great movie: i love the actor + it makes me dreaming about having a Minidisc shop... The shop in the movie is too big even with all commercial mds ever released lol

I wonder if such stores are still existing: one shop selling vinyles in my town closed 2 years ago... :(

There is a store in Cambridge, MA called Stereo Jacks that has LP, CS, and CD:

http://www.stereojacks.com/

I haven't been there for a while, about due for a visit.

I don't remember if Amoeba in Los Angeles has vinyl, but they do have CS; in fact, last time I was there (Feb 2009), they had some nice bargain bins for CS.

I watched this last week. "Interesting" is one word. Disturbing is a bit more accurate. The ambiguous ending is interesting/disturbing, too. (Any more specific would be spoilers). My wife suggested that it looks like the little girl engineered that ending purposely very early on. I'm not sure she's wrong.

Yeah, it did seem that way too.. that it was staged from the beginning. Or rather, it was inevitable.

However disturbing it may be, I still found it enjoyable. Maybe I'm just too sick myself.. ^^

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favourites, that. Lots of priceless moments, in particular the scene where the star pretends to have a fight with an unknown intruder behind a door with the whole world watching (and listening). John Malkovich as Pascal, the frenchman who wants to take over the House of Windsor and turn the UK into a prison island. So many funny touches, like when the Queen is threatened, and no giving in until her corgis are going to be shot; and a hilarious scene in a Japanese Sushi restaurant where there is a complete mistranslation of something Johnny says in Japanese.

Oh yes, and his so-earnest assistant Bough (rhymes with "Toff" not with "Cow") who always carries the can.

Highly recommended.

You can't be meaning that Bob-T, Rowan Atkinson at his best is in the Black Adder series, where his full talent shows.

Unfortunately Black Adder was never shown in these parts, so I have to take your word on that, will have to try getting some DVD's seems i saw saw segments and it was good.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...