What Was The Last Film You Saw?

Rate this topic

Guest Stuge

how can you guys praise the 'Hero' movie? I find it god awful boring, almost fell asleep at one time.

I have to see Hero yet (I will get it in a couple of weeks with a magazine I'm subscribed to, so I just have to wait...). Asian movies are in general a lot slower than Hollywood ones, it's a matter of taste I guess.

saw the 'Be Cool' over the weekend.

Did you like it? I think it's funny, but not as good as Get Shorty.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overall, it's funny. I like it. if you are getting the DVD, besure to watch The Rock sing. so damn funny to watch The Rock's expression on his face while singing.

Do you mean there are extra´s on the DVD? Cause I saw the movie in the cinema already. The Rock was very funny indeed.

Back on topic: I just saw Hero (the DVD came earlier than expected) and I think it´s a briljant movie. Nice story and visually stunning!

Very impressive Chris, in fact I totally loved it, not familiar with the original cartoon strip though. Without giving too much away (if you haven't seen it) all the lead parts were brilliantly played, of course the script majored heavily on weirdness, though it was all strangely believable and involving...

Anyway it (ie. Sin City) beat Batman for me... near faultless I'd say - not one for the faint of heart though...

saw napoleon dynamite on dvd last night. gave me the shits. too self aware, all i'm-going-all-out-t-be-weird-&-appeal-to-the-people-who-dislike-pop-culture-for-being-popular

or something.

Anyway it (ie. Sin City) beat Batman for me... near faultless I'd say - not one for the faint of heart though...

I have to agree here. Both suprized me in a good way. Especially Batman, because I wasn't sure what to expect and I've been disappointed before (Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk). Hulk was actually ok, not nearly as bad as other two, but still not as enjoyable as it could be. Catwoman was just dreadful.

Sin City already looked very promising through trailers and then it delivered. Very unique and first true comic2film adaptation.

• 2 weeks later...

Days Of Being Wild  by Wong Kar Wai, prequel to In The Mood For Love and  2046

Now I need to re-watch the other two to synchronize the timeline biggrin.gif .  Some of Wong Kar Wai's best work there and Chris Doyle is a genius.

I can't agree more. Among those mentioned.... I love "In The Mood For Love" the most. "2046" is brilliant as well.

Have you seen "Ashes of Time"? I think the cinematography is simply superb. Kudos to Chris Doyle.

just got back from sin city. one word 'fuckin' awesome' comic style sex & violence shot in a whistful noir style. rather than the too many special effects of most comic adaptions this stayed right on the storylines [so an even nerdier mate says] & looks cartoonish.

"Howl's Moving Castle." Beautiful, breathtaking! Had to go back and reread the book. Lots of people (on Amazon and such) complained that it was too unlike the book, but I didn't see that much difference between them. This was the first movie by Miyazaki I'd seen, and now I'm putting the Miyazaki 6-Pack of DVDs on my Amazon wish list!

"Howl's Moving Castle."  Beautiful, breathtaking!  Had to go back and reread the book.  Lots of people (on Amazon and such) complained that it was too unlike the book, but I didn't see that much difference between them.  This was the first movie by Miyazaki I'd seen, and now I'm putting the Miyazaki 6-Pack of DVDs on my Amazon wish list!

I think I'm going to see that later this week...it's weird that they don't list it in the paper near me sad.gif although it says they have it online, heh.

Anyway, I just saw the chocolate factory and I like the old one better, although the new one isn't bad, it's just not as great.

I can't agree more. Among those mentioned.... I love "In The Mood For Love" the most. "2046" is brilliant as well.

Have you seen "Ashes of Time"? I think the cinematography is simply superb. Kudos to Chris Doyle.

Agree about In the Mood. Camera work, music, acting.... Just superb! I can watch these movies over and over again and still find these characters very moving, nothing like poetry on the silver screen.

Ashes of Time is next on my short list. smile.gif I can't wait.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory..saw it with my girlfriend's cousins (real young). One cousin, aged 4, was so terrified at certain parts of the movie that she had to stop watching - it was pretty funny.

Depp is cool, seemed a little strained to play the role but I had a good time nonetheless. The Oompa Loompas are really weird this time around, as if they could get any weirder than before..

The Island, and on the way to the movie found an iPod AirPlay broadcaster on the ground, took it anyway even there is no iPod at home to connect it too, if only it would connect to the nh700 then it would be a free fm broadcaster

Edited by tartan

Just got a movie from CDUniverse called L'Inferno

It's a 1911 movie, Italy's fist venture into movie making, took three years to make.

Some of the effects are incredible, considering the movie is almost 100 years old.

The music is by Tangerine dream.

Get it, you too will be amazed.

Bob

blink.gif