What Was The Last Film You Saw?

Rate this topic

Guest Stuge

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we don't watch enough movies here!

I saw March of the Penguins over the weekend, it was really amazing. I've never seen a documentary like that before, and the life of the Emperor Penguin is one of the most interesting I've seen out of many in the animal kingdom. I really recommend you guys go check it out and not miss it..

Bowling for Columbine - Michael Moore's documentary of gun crime in the USA and the USAs fascination with guns. Entertaining and shocking in equal measure. His interview with Charleton Heston is quality, although I was very upset with Hestons opinion on why gun crime is such a problem in the USA...

• 2 weeks later...

OLDBOY, i think this is one of the best movies i have ever seen, western cinema has no match or no imagination. I will not give away any plot but it is a rollercoaster and as shocking as it is sad.

I watched Oldboy recently as well - this film is brilliant but disturbing at the same time - bringing the notion of revenge to a new level.

*By the way, we already have a "What Was The Last Movie You Saw?" thread; post moved accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks greenmachine,

I'm actually quite amazed that you've seen Paris,Texas as it is a forgotten film...I'm watching Wim Wender's The American Friend tonight and I've also received his book: The Logic of Images from my local library....I don't think many people are interested in such matters though...let me know what you recommend... :D

I appreciate your correspondance (sp)...and interest...thanks...

Best,

blu

"the eternal sunshine of a spotless mind". Simply beatiful

Watched a brilliant film-documentary, Downfall; depicting the last of Adolf Hitler in his bunker below the Reich Chancellery.

Hey Ishi did you realized that the moie shows several people dying (even kids!) and it doesn't shows Hitler dying? :o (a great film btw)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A borrowed dvd from a friend: The Machinist. Absoolutely dark, psychological and well-acted. Brilliant reality-dischord flick...but couldn't stop but feeling that there was going to be a "john nash" moment at any time. And the score reminded me terribly of Hitchcock (in a good way)...perhaps Vertigo? (one of my all time favs, btw). All good though...if you liked Memento et al, you will like this one.

Also, watched Mulholland Dr. again tonight...fantastico! Lynch rocks!

edited for spelling... -_-

Best always,

blu

Edited by blu

Just took the family to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. All four of us thought it was the best yet. Our seven year old daughter didn't care for the Voldemart episode[to scary for her] but the rest of it enjoyed the whole picture, We also thought the music was far better than in the first three.