What has your MD been through?

Rate this topic

raintheory

Share what your MD recorders, discs, etc. have been through. Particularly if they are still workinjg properly.. But also as a memorium to the ones that didn't make it.

MZ-N707 - Took a flight down a set of about 15 concrete stairs within 10 minutes of purchase...

MZ-NH900 - Fell from approx 6 feet onto the sidewalk... Bent battery compartment lid... Easily fixed.

MZ-RH10 - Decided that it wanted a nice bath of orange soda.. Cleaned up nicely after I recovered from a few minutes of heart failure.

All units still work fine.

biggrin.gif

Edited by raintheory

Hi Raintheory,

My 707 looks like it's been used for target practise, it's fallen from the sony pouch so many tomes, plays well still, but has the reording ribbon faout.

My NH1 took a salt water bath,(same pouch as 707, never learn!!), $400.00 paperweight now, waiting for a replacement.

Bob

Hi Raintheory,

My 707 looks like it's been used for target practise, it's fallen from the sony pouch so many tomes, plays well still, but has the reording ribbon faout.

My NH1  took a salt water bath,(same pouch as 707, never learn!!), $400.00 paperweight now, waiting for a replacement.

Bob

I have my old MZ-R700 and she always in my car for 3 years (tropical ph34r.gif weather), drop many time but she's still OK and I still love it more than my new rh910

I've got my NH900 since december and I've dropped it once, from about 2.5cm/1inch onto the table... and that really is the ruffest I've treated it ever laugh.gif

it hardly ever leaves it's caselogic or lowepro (depending on the occasion and accessories I have to carry) bags

My NH600 has quite often flown several feet acroos the room from its perch on top of my PC tower, due to me tripping over the USB cable. It's still working fine, a great sturdy unit.

We should set up a poll for this one!!

rolleyes.gif Has happened to each of my netmd/himd units at least a few times. Exact same scenario.

Aiwa AM-F5 - dropped and dinted the lid. It was mostly fine afterwards, except for having issues saving changes in track names.

Sony R700 - put it into what I thought was my inside pocket, and dropped it on the floor. The lid bent and it never quite played properly after that sad.gif

Sony N707 - kept it in mint condition, but as a consequence of walking to school and back twice a day with it in my pocket (along with my sweaty hand) a lot of the paint rubbed off.

All my units since then have been kept in mint condition smile.gif