Sony MDR-CD580 or MDR-CD780?

Rate this topic

genghisbunny

Hi Gals and Guys,

On the topic of headphones, I'm looking at buying either an MDRCD-580 or MDRCD-780.

I see that statistically the 780s seem to be higher-end than the 580s. Here in AUS they sell for @220 and 170 respectively, so I'm trying to see what an extra 50 bucks buys you.

Anyone have an opinion on this? Have I missed a really obvious previous post on this topic?

I currently use the old-style (old-school) MDR-V200s which I've had for more than half a decade. Great sound, but I'm wondering if there's MORE to life by spending more money...

So does anyone have a recommendation on this topic? I'm suddenly interested again since buying an RH-10, my new baby.

(tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif And, yes, feel free to iPod-bash off-topic in this thread. I love it! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif)

Neither. They have been supplanted by the excellent XD and SA line of headphones.

Look for XD400, they blow the CD580s out of the water for similar price (US$100). Or if you want something that sounds remarkably similar to CD580s, the XD200 can be had for US$30.

But whatever you choose, it will be a definiate improvement vs. the MDR-V200s.