eBay MiniDisc Related Listings

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

• 2 weeks later...

Why, oh why, do people not allow you to purchase from overseas WHEN YOU PAY FOR THE SHIPPING COSTS?!! I've never understood that.

There are various reasons for this. I've run into quite a few US sellers that won't ship to Canada for example.

However, I've also run into a lot of sellers that just list the auction as "Ships to: USA" and lists no other countries. Emailing them (particularly if they are a private seller and not a company) and asking usually (but not always) results in a "yes I can, it will cost $xx.xx to ship to Canada."

Have you tried emailing the seller and asking, or are you just going off the auction? Shipping is rather expensive from UK to North America though, IMO; but then again everything in the UK is expensive :angry:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also saw a model that looked nice. MZ-RH710 model, but it says silver edition, is that like a special edition? Most of this model are black.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=014

I ordered a MZ-RH1, but would like a spare hi-md for travel. I particularly like what looks like a nice jog dial on this model, does any later model have a similar working jog dial?

Anyways, might be of interest to someone.

I also saw a model that looked nice. MZ-RH710 model, but it says silver edition, is that like a special edition? Most of this model are black.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:IT&ih=014

I ordered a MZ-RH1, but would like a spare hi-md for travel. I particularly like what looks like a nice jog dial on this model, does any later model have a similar working jog dial?

Anyways, might be of interest to someone.

Sounds a bit dubious, especially since it says that this RH710 can recharge through USB. The RH710 does not come with rechargeable batteries, and uses the standard AA cells. Also, it does not recharge through USB. I know this because I have one.

Definitely inconsistent info...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

No link because the auction ended. It was buy now and nobody did, but I thought you might get a laugh from the description.

Sony's new Hi_MD MiniDisc players are creeping onto the market, and while most of us have passed over MiniDisc for bigger and presumably better things, the Hi-MD will let proponents of the standard eke along for a while longer, with 1GB of storage per disc and up to 45 hours of music at the lowest, crappiest compression rate. I don't feel like I have to throw up a bunch of MiniDisc disclaimers at this point -- if you're interested in the new low-end Sony MZ-NH600 player, for instance, you probably already know what you're getting into.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found a UK seller who has 27 MZ-NH600 players for sale, but the bad part is how he puts down MD as a format, along with its compression formulas and enthusiasts. Would it be right to buy from a seller with such a negative opinion of his own stock, or would we all be better off boycotting this person? http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SONY-MZ-NH600-Silv...ZViewItem"

I'd like to hear your opinions.

• 1 month later...

At first sight quite interesting, but to a tight-arse like me the starting price of 40UKP plus postage spoils it a bit, especially when you don't know his tastes in music.

They are re-recordable (but you knew that), , but with shipping should be under a quid a disc, not too bad.

Bob

• 3 months later...

They are re-recordable (but you knew that), , but with shipping should be under a quid a disc, not too bad.

Bob

I'd have bitten the seller's hand off if they were HiMD discs, but a quid for a second-hand standard 74 or 80 is just not worth it, IMO.

• 9 months later...

Guy in china has a couple of interesting MD items, #140285253224 is an NH1 EH50 and EH70, a couple of days to go, was at $1.00, but $135 to ship to the staes, you guys in his area would probably have better shipping rates. He includes a bunch of discs as well.

He also has a pink EH50 for reasonable price as well, check his other items tab

Bob

The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/THREE-SONY-HiMD-MZ-NH1...A1%7C240%3A1318

but he just put the buy it now to $500.00, the EH50 is $70.00

Be careful; I saw something I considered odd when I followed up on this chap several weeks back. Specifically he posted identical auctions which both mysteriously disappeared when they didn't get much. They were *so* similar and so unreasonably priced that I seriously questioned that he actually had 2 items. Could have just been inexperience with Ebay. But why 3 items together? Sounds odd to me.

Actually it doesnt have a bid slot , only a "Buy it Now" with 500 dollars listed , it has been revised

so 500 plus 140 shipping . 640 .

EH70's are 17,700 yen, new and with a discount from from sale or closeout , down to 12,000 - 15,000 depending on where it is .

Shipping to the US for me has been right at 2,400 yen per Box , ( 1 Md , unit , accessories ) if I put two Md's in 3200 yen .

Three Md's properly packed Via EMS , would only be about 4500 - 5500 Yen , shipping

he lists a shipping weight of 3kg , that should only be about 50 dollars US and should only be in 1 box ( they sent two seperate boxes )

Edited by Guitarfxr