eBay MiniDisc Related Listings

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=014

TDK RXG-Pro.. didn't realize bidding would get this high. Must be some real high quality discs..

Then again, recording via SS wouldn't really make a difference, would it.. considering its all 1's and 0's.. <_<

WOW , but those are rare , they arent produced anymore , and the fact they are sealed and new , is a big deal .

• 1 month later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Job-Lot-7-Sony-Mini-Di...1QQcmdZViewItem

Some dude selling 5x Sony MZ-RH910 MiniDisc players (standard LCD display) and 2x Sony MZ-RH10 MiniDisc players (blue LCD display) in the UK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=012

And I cannot believe I let this one get away.. (MD2000 brand spanking new in shrinkwrap)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Job-Lot-7-Sony-Mini-Di...1QQcmdZViewItem

Some dude selling 5x Sony MZ-RH910 MiniDisc players (standard LCD display) and 2x Sony MZ-RH10 MiniDisc players (blue LCD display) in the UK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=012

And I cannot believe I let this one get away.. (MD2000 brand spanking new in shrinkwrap)

Could be a bargain on the 7 units, but $52.00 for a disc, although to a collector?

good link, I'll follow the 7 units

Bob

I found a month ago a MZ-EH1 (grey) in a the vietnamese shop for $210. Look a little bit expensive at the first sight (it is the same price than a MZ-EH1 imported with direct-japan.com).

I did not bought it because I was waiting for my sister in law to bring me a MZ-RH1 from California. She failed to do it, so when I decided to come back to the shop, the MZ-EH1 was gone ! :shout::shout: !

Edited by pchcm

• 2 weeks later...

There's a whole bunch of MZ-NH600's in Australia for US $50 (and a whole bunch of goodies). These might be the same source that I bought mine from a while back, and this is a much better price. This unit, as you know includes optical/line in.

Search for NH600 and the results are something like this

The shipping to the US is only about $35, too. I had a much bigger problem to buy direct, I am thinking he's finally unloading them.

The only problem is the charger needed but:

1. it's the same output as most of the other chargers (3V) and you can buy a cheap one in a store and

2. the unit also works off rechargeable AA's and (I think) also USB when connected to PC.

There's a whole bunch of MZ-NH600's in Australia for US $50 (and a whole bunch of goodies).

I was about to buy it (about 60€ incl. shipping!!) but I checked the auction too late. There was also another NH600 with 60 minidiscs for 120 AU$. Missed it too. <_<

Btw I found this nice EH70 with a nice price.

If you were me, would you buy this NH900 ?

I was about to buy it (about 60€ incl. shipping!!) but I checked the auction too late. There was also another NH600 with 60 minidiscs for 120 AU$. Missed it too. <_<

Btw I found this nice EH70 with a nice price.

If you were me, would you buy this NH900 ?

Nice looking machine, price seems alright, go for it

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received this Sharp unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=250409150488

I was very curious to hear the 1 bit digital amp based on Kurisu's comments elsewhere on this board. The unit came with the original box but no ac adapter. Will a Sony 3v adapter be ok to use with this (the manual says the adapter supplied is 3v). I also saw a Phillips unit today at a closeout store that purports to serve as an ac adapter for varying voltage from 1.5v to, if I remember correctly, 6v. Is there any other spec I should be looking at, or just the voltage?

You should check the current rating of the adapter, as well as the voltage. The Sharp one supplied with the IM-DR420H is rated at 600mA, whereas some of the Sony's have 500mA, and others 1000mA. The 1000mA Sony's should be fine as they supply enough current and have the right connector and polarity, the 500mA would probably also work (just) but the performance might be compromised somewhat.

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you looking for a cheap MZ-DH10P:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOXED-Sony-MZ-DH10...alenotsupported

I just requested the buyer if I can pickup the item. As flying to pickup would be cheaper than shipping. And I also clicked 'Report Item' to report this fine listing.

PS: Don't tell me you just did a BuyItNow without reading the full listing or this thread

Edited by gujarati

People are noticing that the MiniDisc is on their dying breaths and are trying to cash in with outrageous prices..

I've seen an RH1 unit go for 800USD through buy-it-now, from a seller in China.

Every now and then though, there are still blanks being sold that aren't those generic Sony/Memorex/Maxell ones..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interestingly the best place to find MZ-NH700 has been the UK ever since I started looking. For a while the price got driven up as some guy in Spain was buying every unit at any price. However demand has finally fallen and I just saw a unit change hands for 30GBP. Try ebay uk and talk to the seller about shipping to wherever you are, you may be surprised.

Ha! I just reported this same seller (pmtpleasant) 2 days ago. He has a listing for a NIB Sony Radio that he wants over $2000 for. For a couple of weeks, he switched the bulk of that price to the shipping ($200 for the item, over $2000 for shipping). FFS, what an asshole.

For those of you looking for a cheap MZ-DH10P:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BOXED-Sony-MZ-DH10...alenotsupported

I just requested the buyer if I can pickup the item. As flying to pickup would be cheaper than shipping. And I also clicked 'Report Item' to report this fine listing.

PS: Don't tell me you just did a BuyItNow without reading the full listing or this thread

Edited by narp

Someone just put up about 5 separate listings for ultra-rare TDK XS-iV's, 10 discs total. Unfortunately it isn't really much of an auction as the only option to purchase is via buy-it-now.

Anyway, anyone think this would be an awesome grab?

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hardcore18_W...armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

Looks like he has boxes and boxes of them. More than 10 10-packs. How much would they normally fetch?

Someone just put up about 5 separate listings for ultra-rare TDK XS-iV's, 10 discs total. Unfortunately it isn't really much of an auction as the only option to purchase is via buy-it-now.

Anyway, anyone think this would be an awesome grab?

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/hardcore18_W...armrsZ1QQ_fromZ

I wouldn't call them ultra rare, unless all ten are different designs from the xs-iv series :o if thats the case buy them! However i think they are all the same design as shown on the box cover - the design on the cover of the box is of the standard/plain design in the series.

Minidiscs are going for crazy prices on ebay at the moment - esp for those labeled "rare" - well some truly are rare. If he were to only auction of one box at a time (with no buy it now) i think the price would go higher than the BIN price -_- .

Hes got a listing for 3 PROFESSIONAL RECORDABLE MINIDISCS RARE SONY PRMD-74 i want to purchase but i think the price is a little high - when i include shipping to Aus :(.

I wouldn't call them ultra rare, unless all ten are different designs from the xs-iv series :o if thats the case buy them! However i think they are all the same design as shown on the box cover - the design on the cover of the box is of the standard/plain design in the series.

European TDK design.. since I'm in the US, I consider them be.

Anyway, watch for this seller.. he's been known to put up used MDs as well (in bulk). The last auction I spotted included all the XS-iV's as well as a variety mix and it topped off at 70 GBP, for 40-60 MDs.

Don't know much about you guys but would you rather pitch in for secondhand MDs than shrinkwrapped counterparts?

Minidiscs are going for crazy prices on ebay at the moment - esp for those labeled "rare" - well some truly are rare. If he were to only auction of one box at a time (with no buy it now) i think the price would go higher than the BIN price -_- .

They're all the same design, and it was one of the more common ones. A couple of other designs are available here and here. Of course, TDK discs became an obsession of mine for awhile and, finding these was an expensive chore:

2002_bit_club_front_sm.jpg

I've got a fetish for that perfect combination of aesthetics and function :yes:

I hadn't searched eBay for MD stuff in awhile, and I'm shocked by some of the prices I'm seeing: an MZ-EH1 for $800? Yow.

They're all the same design, and it was one of the more common ones. A couple of other designs are available here and here. Of course, TDK discs became an obsession of mine for awhile and, finding these was an expensive chore:

2002_bit_club_front_sm.jpg

I've got a fetish for that perfect combination of aesthetics and function :yes:

I hadn't searched eBay for MD stuff in awhile, and I'm shocked by some of the prices I'm seeing: an MZ-EH1 for $800? Yow.

I need those bitclubs.. then my collection would be complete -_-

I need those bitclubs.. then my collection would be complete -_-

Wow, you must have a lot of bit club designs :o . On the other side there is a blue disc with a silhouette telegraph pole, ive seen them on ebay - sold in packs of 3 - though auction has ended. I find it quite difficult to purchase designer blanks on ebay - if that 4 pack was ever put on auction id say you'll be spending a hefty sum for it (isn't that right lonely? :lol: )

On the other side there is a blue disc with a silhouette telegraph pole, ive seen them on ebay - sold in packs of 3 - though auction has ended. I find it quite difficult to purchase designer blanks on ebay - if that 4 pack was ever put on auction id say you'll be spending a hefty sum for it (isn't that right lonely? :lol: )

Yeah, the blue ones (which are the nicest of the set) were available separately as a 3-pack, and for awhile were easy to find. I've got a bunch of those, but for some irrational reason, I had to complete the set. Those were hard to find, and "hefty" is certainly a good description of the price. :cray:

Here's an odd one. I see from searches that A440 might have mentioned this model awhile back:

GRUNDIG FINE ARTS CD MINI DISC RADIO SYSTEM UMS17MD

Apparently it's a "UMS17MD" component system. Get a load of those speakers. Not my style, definitely. Looks like whoever used it enjoyed it a lot, though. :)

Edited by narp

Interestingly the best place to find MZ-NH700 has been the UK ever since I started looking. For a while the price got driven up as some guy in Spain was buying every unit at any price. However demand has finally fallen and I just saw a unit change hands for 30GBP. Try ebay uk and talk to the seller about shipping to wherever you are, you may be surprised.

This is me replying to my own post, something I don't think I tried before.

It's now apparently open season on NH700 in Ebay UK. Two changed hands for < 40 GBP and there's a whole bunch (about 6) at quite low prices. I am almost tempted myself even though I have 4 of them already.

I think some dedicated individual should swipe this up. I'm not interested because it strikes out on MDLP, NetMD, and HiMD. I was tempted, though, since it is a very unique unit:

sony mzs-r5st portable Minidisc player

It has a cool docking station and you can probably do some neat editing. It is pretty neat looking. The equipment browser entry is here:

Sony MZ-R5ST

We have a review right on site, also:

Sony MZ-R5ST Review

Says that's an R30 that's plugged into it. So if you already have an R30, this might make a cool accessory, too (plus a backup R30).

Good luck!

Edited by narp