eBay MiniDisc Related Listings

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

• 2 months later...

25 minutes to go, and still only $150. I reckon to watch this auction. Almost noone outside SI forums will have spotted this one, though, as it was essentially mis-listed (well, underdescribed).

It finished at 122 pounds which is about $200, not bad at all.

It finished at 122 pounds which is about $200, not bad at all.

And if only you'd posted it here 2 hours earlier I might have been able to buy it - they seem to be going for about 40 - 50UKP more than this. :angry2:

Seriously, how did you spot this? Do you spend hours trawling through ebay for mis-listings, or do you have a secret method? I have a search set up for "RH1", but obviously that's why I missed this one.

Well, magicians and secrets..... spoils the game, dontcha know?

Sorry about that, didn't want it to be there for so long that one of the inevitable scalpers would re-sell it for profit.

Stephen

Seriously though, there's no secret... I just happened to notice it.

• Like 1

Sorry about that, didn't want it to be there for so long that one of the inevitable scalpers would re-sell it for profit.

No problem - Yesterday I bought this one instead, so as long as it's working OK, I'm now future-proofed for a few years! I thought that 170 UKP for a 6-month old machine wasn't too bad, when Sony Centre wanted 250UKP and Amazon's price had shot up to 260UKP; however I received notification this morning that their price has just plummeted to 190UKP. :angry2: Ah well.

There seems to be a lot of useful MD equipment for sale in the UK.

I wish we could collectively find Axel (Habakuk Tibatong) in Chicago a way to get himself the MZ-R2 that finishes tomorrow evening. I've been stocking up thanks to the good graces of my dad, but I think it's too much to volunteer him in that capacity.

I just did some overhaul on my MZ-RH1 as I dared to fix it (now I have a working spare in hand), from the seemingly inevitable jog-lever problems that it developed. Not a recommended procedure unless you are desperate, those darned things are very flimsy at best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I don't need to tell you what these are :)

All underpriced, my guess is suitable as backup unit. The RH1 is known for having "issues" with the buttons, it will be the luck of the draw whether the vendor(s) wore them out before putting on sale.

UK only, but you never know......

• 3 months later...

I saw that a couple of weeks ago, crazy! I think it works out to about three bucks a disc before shipping. Did you see his note that it weighs some outrageous amount, like 200 pounds or something? The only person to buy something like this would have to own a store and could sell them off. I don't really see your average MD collector shelling out nearly four grand for a huge pile of discs like that.

• 4 months later...

People often come on here looking for the battery cases.

Here's a listing that many will be very pleased to see. It's for the add-on AA battery case used by most units (the exception being RH10/910 which has a special one of a slightly different size):

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Sony-AA-Battery-Adapter-Minidisc-Players-/150559847150

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's something interesting that people have asked about many times over the years..... a NetMD drive for PC's Unfortunately, and of course, it's for certain VAIO laptops only. But someone out there may be delighted to find this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Vaio-PCGA-MDN1-Net-MD-Bay-Unit-/300664345921

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Vaio-PCGA-MDN1-Net-MD-Bay-Unit-/300664346138

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Vaio-PCGA-MDN1-Net-MD-Bay-Unit-/300661639405

• 2 months later...

Just looking up to try and find something for a poster here - and came across this guy:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kanoya/m.html?hash=item35bc1abd74&item=230789135732&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

He looks like he's selling up all his stuff. All sorts of items of interest to the folks who ask about stuff from time to time.

• 2 years later...

In the course of looking for something else in response to a query, I found the following on eBay UK:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-EX880-MD-Deck-and-Tuner-Boxed-/121353310507

Incredible! I didn't even know this unit existed, and it's apparently unused - taken out of the box once.

SP-only though. And the UK claims they're phasing out VHF radio which is the other drawback!

Someone should check the dimensions, I bet it's a lot smaller than it looks in the picture. But a recording 3MD changer is a real rarity!

• 2 months later...

Yeah I saw those two JE480s somehow myself recently!  I was just randomly looking for MD stuff for no reason, and found that listing... Yeah I think it's odd the "volume knob" is said to be missing yet that's the one area of the unit there are no pictures of.  Then the fact that the listing has two units for sale (separately) and that it's a "parts or repair" auction means it could be a waste of $23.  On the other hand, you might get a working unit other than a missing AMS knob.  Kind of a gamble.  Probably better to ask seller for clarification and pics of the entire units.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, well that should end cheap with that feedback score--bit of a risk there.  PayPal may protect but big pain there and still may end up losing the money in some cases.  Now that it's posted here, it'll probably drive the price up too lol.

Also shipping for American buyers is pretty steep...