Flashing "PC--MD"

Rate this topic

emptyzero

It appears that my USB cable has stopped working already. Has anyone ever ran into this flashing "PC--MD" problem?

In the transfer window..."please insert recordable disc" well I have a disc in there with a show on it I would like to transfer but...does it sound like I need to buy another USB? sad.gif

It's in there firmly, should be able to read it....

Edited by emptyzero

I had the same problem. Try another usb devices that take power from the usb (not from a battery in the device). If they don't work , you should buy a new usb card. The problem that I had was that the usb ports where not sending power to the devices all of the time, so when i connected my mznh900 to the computer it turned it on and off very quick and several times, and when I connected my mznh900 to the computer without a battery on the unit it just didn't turn on.

I had the same problem and it turned out to be my USB cable the second time. The first time it was a problem with my windows installation. It did not resolve itself until I re-installed windows.

Edited by KrazyIvan

oh man, a complete reinstall. thanks KrazyIvan.

Anyone know where to get a USB compatible with the HiMD deck? I googled "A to Mini-B USB cable" and that just doesn't look right. probably don't want to be buying something out of radioshack for quality transfer or does that not really matter since a USB cable is going to be a USB cable?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where to get a USB compatible with the HiMD deck? I googled "A to Mini-B USB cable" and that just doesn't look right. probably don't want to be buying something out of radioshack for quality transfer or does that not really matter since a USB cable is going to be a USB cable?

I don't know where you can get them individually but I've got a 6-1 usb2 card reader which uses the exact same kind of USB lead as my RH10 does ( A -> B ). I've tried it with my HiMD player and it works perfectly. If you've spotted one at RadioShack (Or Tandy as it's known to myself) then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Edited by zxon

I ran into a similiar situation where the pc would recognize the device (it's in device manager) but would not get assigned a drive letter nor show up in Sonicstage. For some reason I had a network drive I: mapped that it wanted to use. Disconnecting the I: network drive then enabled the HiMD I: drive to appear. Not sure why it didn't just go to the next drive letter, though. :(