Sony Hi-MD Walkman Icons

Rate this topic

Ishiyoshi

Sony Hi-MD Walkman Icons

IPB Image

IPB Image

I hope you guys will find these icons useful. Please drop me a pm for units not listed in this thread.

Enjoy! ;)

*please give credit to MDCF and Ishiyoshi

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

*Instruction:

1) rename the icon and label tag according to the color/type of device of your choice.

2) drop both icon and autorun.inf file into the device of your choice.

For reference: the structure of the autorun.inf file:

[autorun]

icon=xxxxx.ico

label=xxxxx

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

Hi-MD Walkman

MZ-RH1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-NH1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-RH10

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-DH10P

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-NH3D

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-EH1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-RH900

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-RH910

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-RH710

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-NHF800

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-NH700

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MZ-NH600D

IPB Image

--> - click here -

DS-HMD1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

MC-MDR1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

SoundGate LAM-X1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

Micro System CMT-AH10

IPB Image

--> - click here -

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

ATRAC HDD, Network and CD Walkman Icons

--> available at our sister forum, ATRACLife Colloquium: - click here -

Hi-MD & Standard MD Media Icons

--> - click here -

<HR noShade SIZE=1>

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the icons Ishi. They look great.

Btw Ishi: do you mind if a put a link to this page in the spanish minidisc forum?

By all means, go ahead. :) Hope everyone by the Spanish MD forum will find it useful.

Thanks for the icons Ishiyoshy, they are just great. I hoper everybody gets a good benefit from it.

You are most welcome. Enjoy. ^_^

MC-MDR1

IPB Image

--> - click here -

I thought that connected to your computer, this device couldn't be used as a player/recorder...and it works only with Hi-MD devices...so if that's the case, what's the use of that icon as it will never show up?

btw thanks for this great idea, it looks cool to see my MZ-NH1 on the screen once I connect the Hi-MD to the PC :)

Edited by Asia

I thought that connected to your computer, this device couldn't be used as a player/recorder...and it works only with Hi-MD devices...so if that's the case, what's the use of that icon as it will never show up?

Well, you can use it as a removable device; drop it in your memory stick and it should appear on your windows explorer.

I am glad you guys find these icons useful. Enjoy. :)

I'm interested in icons that represent the actual minidiscs, and not the players.

Is there a gallery of icons for the discs themselves?

Perhaps a tutorial somewhere for creating your own?

Sorry, there are no plans for a MD disc icons gallery for now. (perhaps I will set one up if there's enough demand for it) However, I can make you some MD disc icons; just let me know which you desire.

I was going to do that for my Sony F828 digital camera but I wonder how you do eth icon as it's not a picture file...

but anyway THANKS AGAIN it looks so great to see my NH1 on the computer screen when I connect both together =)

Send me a pm with your email contact info - I will make you the F828 icon shortly. ;)

It's easy to make one of your own.

You just take a picture you like, edit it and resize to 48x48 pixels (i think if i'm not mistaken). And then you just convert it to .ico file. I use Irfan View for it, wich is freeware by the way.

Simple, i think.

Yes, relatively easy. I use Photoshop to edit the picture to my liking and create the icon itself with Microangelo or Stardock's Icon Developer.

--> Edit the picture in question with Photoshop and ensure that its background is set as transparent

--> save as .png

--> proceed with software such as Microangelo or Stardock's Icon Developer to create the icon. *The ideal size for Windows Explorer use is indeed 48x48.

• 4 weeks later...

What do I do with these icons?

These icons provide an alternative "unique" look to your Windows Explorer instead of the default Windows icon for removable media whenever you connect your Hi-MD device to the PC. Please read the first post for further information. If you are still confused as to how to use these icons, please follow the instructions outlined below:

You will need to rename (using notepad) the icon filename and label tag to the color/type of device of your choice before you drop it into your device. For example, using the autorun.inf file included for the NH1 icon:

[autorun]

icon=mznh1-0x.ico --> replace the suffix 0x.ico with mznh1-01.ico if you choose the first version of the silver NH1 icon

label=Hi-MD Walkman NH1 --> rename to whatever you desire or leave it as default

I have an MZ-NH600 and what can I say, the icon is not showing up. I copied the icon and the autorun.inf file on the minidisk and renamed the the text and everything, but it's just not showing up. The name is still also "Removable Disk" at Windows.

Any suggestions?

I have an MZ-NH600 and what can I say, the icon is not showing up. I copied the icon and the autorun.inf file on the minidisk and renamed the the text and everything, but it's just not showing up. The name is still also "Removable Disk" at Windows.

Any suggestions?

You may need to check if your system has disabled the autorun feature. If you need instructions: click here.

You may need to check if your system has disabled the autorun feature. If you need instructions: click here.

The CD Rom Value was correct (1).

The two other ones...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoDriveTypeAutoRun = 0x00000095

-and-

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

had 91, instead of 95, which was supposed to be correct value. So I changed both, closed regedit and connected my player again. Sadly nothing had changed, still no icon or text... :(

The CD Rom Value was correct (1).

The two other ones...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

-and-

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

had 91, instead of 95, which was supposed to be correct value. So I changed both, closed regedit and connected my player again. Sadly nothing had changed, still no icon or text... :(

Try a system reboot. If you follow the instructions to the letter, it will definitely work.

Try a system reboot. If you follow the instructions to the letter, it will definitely work.

Still nothing sadly. Thanks anyway.

I'm guessing it is reading that Autorun file, because it changes from the default "Removable Disk" Icon to the kind when there is none.

IPB Image

Still nothing sadly. Thanks anyway.

I'm guessing it is reading that Autorun file, because it changes from the default "Removable Disk" Icon to the kind when there is none.

IPB Image

That is odd. I checked the integrity of the MZ-NH600 icons stored in MDCF's download section and it's fine. Were you able to view the .ico itself with your system? By default, WinXP (assuming you have WinXP installed) can view .ico extension. So, if you can't view .ico extension, I suspect the problem could lie with your O/S or Windows Explorer.

Note: Take a read at this note regarding Icon File Type.

That is odd. I checked the integrity of the MZ-NH600 icons stored in MDCF's download section and it's fine. Were you able to view the .ico itself with your system? By default, WinXP (assuming you have WinXP installed) can view .ico extension. So, if you can't view .ico extension, I suspect the problem could lie with your O/S or Windows Explorer.

Note: Take a read at this note regarding Icon File Type.

Odd indeed. As an awnser to your question - I can see the icons themselves just fine, just the Autorun isn't working. And yes, I am running XP.

Edited by p4cman

• 1 month later...

It's my first post - Hi guys!

Top stuff Ishiyoshi, great idea. I shall have some RH10 icons - great!

Now to see if I can make one for my HD5... :)

Cheers

Jon

Welcome to MDCF, Jon!

I'm glad you like the icons. For all other non-MD but ATRAC based device icons: please follow this thread at our sister forum, ATRACLife Colloquium. Enjoy the icons and your stay with MDCF. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great idea for the Icons, much easier for me to determine which removable drive is my Hi-MD walkman (i have a multi-fuction prtiner that has slots for memory cards, because its connceted a removable drive is always in my computer)

however, i do own a MZ-NH600D walkman and have created an icon of it myself i used long time ago That i made from this huge high-quaility image

its a dead on image of the walkman rather than the angled one you've made... really its not that much better, its up to the indiviual person whos they like better

Heres My Icon for download

Edited by Silver007

• 5 weeks later...