Deleting NetMD tracks

Rate this topic

Basically a long time ago I wanted to get two tracks off the computer onto my mz-r700 portable. Usually I would have just made a line out recording but my brother said I should use his NetMd player to put them on the minidisc through the computer. I didn't see anything wrong with this so I accpeted his gracious offer.

However, I've now found that my fondness for these tracks have died! I tried to delete them using my JE480 deck but it told me I couldn't as it was protected.

I assume that to delete these tracks I need to go back onto the NetMd program (was it called sonicstage?) to do it. My only problem is it has long been deleted from the computer...in fact we don't even have that same computer! I'm also worrying positive the installation disc has been lost. What's more my brother's netmd player started acting up a long time ago and got to a point where it just wouldn't work properly.

How can I delete these tracks? When/if I get a Hi-Md player will it be able to override the protection when formatting the disc for Hi-Md or will it say the same thing as my deck?

Sorry for the overly long post, many thanks.

If you get a Hi-MD player you will be able to erase the disk. The JE480 can't format the disc and since the tracks are protected it can't delete the tracks directly either. I had the same issue with my JE480 as well. There were several NetMD discs I made in the past and that deck can't erase them. Ironically, my older JE320 deck could erase them. A NetMD/Hi-MD device can erase the whole disk through SonicStage. You can get this software just by downloading Connect from Sony, it's free.