Pressure on Sony

Rate this topic

bouniagues

As a recent member, I have noticed a large group of individuals, who have and are experiencing great difficulty with most version of SonicStage. Can a large company like Sony get away with producing rubbish like it without any comeback.

Having difficulty myself I contacted Sony UK first my fax and then by email but did not receive even the courtesy of a acknowledgement.

I notice that a class action in the US and similar bad publicity in the Uk forced Apple to acknowledge the problems with the Ipod and do something for their clients.

I recognise that the MZNH 900 is a beautiful machine but when it cannot be used to its full capacity, i regret that i did not purchased a proper MP3 player

Sorry for the polemic but I do feel angry with Sony and the quality of their after sales service.

:( Can we put any additional pressure on them?

Bouniagues

Well a couple of things I'd like to say about this...

I don't want to sound arrogrant or elitist, but a lot of the SS questions on here that are non-installation related can be answered by looking in the online help which comes with SS.

Also a lot of the issues have now been addressed in SS3.2. Just curious why you think your MZ-NH900 cannot be used to it's full capacity - if there's a specific problem you're having trouble with describe it and maybe we can help you out.

I don't think we can put any pressure on Sony as far as SS is concerned unfortunately as they have now ceased development in favour of the Connect software - which may or may not be better or worse.

If you want to put pressure on Sony, you are in the right place.

Quite a few features of HI-MD and of the new version of SS are influenced, I think, by things people have said here. If you have something sensible to say, and say it here, there is a good chance they will listen. I don't believe we would have unlimited uploads of our own digital recordings if it weren't for these forums.

I recognise that the MZNH 900 is a beautiful machine but when it cannot be used to its full capacity, i regret that i did not purchased a proper MP3 player

If all you want is an MP3 player to lsiten to music with, maybe you made the wrong purchase- I got my HiMD for doing field recordings, if I just wanted music I woudl have got an iPod.

Just my 0.02

?eter

if I just wanted music I woudl have got an iPod.

Well it all depends the quality of the music files you want to have. Personally I dislike Ipods since their sound quality is poor. I know that because I have had the chance to own one for 2 months... I am a musician and for me sound quality as well as depth and warmth are VERY important. Itunes proprietary file format (AAC, I think) is pure crap and Itunes sells files encoded at 160 kbps I mean...It's too bad!!!

Linear PCM... 256 kbps... that's real quality!!! Only MD's

let this not become another ipod vs md debate.. please.. i am tired of that..

sonicstage has imporved by leaps and bounds for sure.. its a decent software and requires a little learning especially after using itunes..

also, why did you buy the nh900?? and what do you really mean by "" full capacity "" ? please explain so that we can better understand this term..

finally, and please dear god finally, AAC is NOT, i repeat NOT an apple proprietary format.. its just mpeg-4 audio. btw, Connect which is sony sells songs in atrac3(132K).... so its not that different..

cheers..

let this not become another ipod vs md debate.. please.. i am tired of that..

sonicstage has imporved by leaps and bounds for sure.. its a decent software and requires a little learning especially after using itunes..

also, why did you buy the nh900?? and what do you really mean by "" full capacity "" ? please explain so that we can better understand this term..

finally, and please dear god finally, AAC is NOT, i repeat NOT an apple proprietary format.. its just mpeg-4 audio. btw, Connect which is sony sells songs in atrac3(132K).... so its not that different..

cheers..

I would like to thank you all for the coutesy of your replies.

Perhaps I have been rather unfortunately in my dealings with Sonicsage. My principle problem started when last week I upgraded from version 2 to 3.2. Since then I have been unable to use it. When I tried to transfer some legitimate mp3 files to my NH900, I was told that this was impossible was it failed to recongise the files or that they were copyrighted (not the case).

Loosing patience, I finally deleted version 3.2 and re-installed version 2. Now I am told that as the disc cannot be used as it was initialised by something other than Sonicsage. As if this were possible.

To conclude i think that the 900 is a superb machine with a wonderful sound quality. I just wish that I were able to use it.

Sincerely

Bouniagues