Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tapes Update

Rate this topic

streaml1ne

Tape 9 dropped today.

Mixed Tape 09 - urban sounds from around the world!

It's time again for more cool grooves: Mixed Tape 09 marks the latest instalment of Mercedes-Benz' hugely successful free music compilation. Until the 13th of December 2005, we invite you to explore, download and enjoy 15 exclusive new tracks by bright young hopefuls from around the world at http://www.mercedes-benz.com/mixedtape.

Opening the current compilation, British Soul sensation Alice Russell has already been likened to Joss Stone and Alicia Keys. Above and beyond, this month's Mixed Tape features a range of artists from London and Berlin, Europe's undisputed capitals of hip. While London sends Simon Hectic (soulful Hip Hop), ECT (Broken Beats) and Talc (pure Pop) into the mix, combining timeless pop moments with cutting edge production techniques, Berlin's varied contingent (a. o. Data MC (Electro-Hip Hop), Back2Square1 (Spoken Word) and Multiple Exposure (R&B)) disdain all genre restrictions in favour of their very own capital sound.

Furthermore, Mixed Tape 09 features many further forays into the global music scene between World Beats (Goya-Project) and Italian Disco Dub (E-The-Hot).

Please note - to keep up with the ever-changing music scene, Mixed Tape also likes to stay on the move: from the 13th of December 05, the above-mentioned URL will feature Mixed Tape 10 with brand new surprises. Remember?- there is a new release every two months!

Enjoy the mix

Your Mercedes-Benz Team

http://www.mercedes-benz.com/mixedtape

Interesting indeed. How did previously recorded Mixed Tapes fare?

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Edit: The Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape 09 is really something; track 11 is really cool .... I love it!

8 was quite good to my ear. I enjoyed 1-7 in varying degrees, but overall they very nice compilations. 1-8 can be downloaded from this site via bit torrent.

http://www.sexy-admin.de/index.php?name=Do...download&sid=10

They used to provide a direct download... If you guys want to put 1-8 in the gallery (they're freely (re)distributable according to MB) I can provide a faster download.

• 2 months later...

Damn I must have missed the email about tape 10 or MB hasn't sent one yet. Good catch.

I downloaded 10 and I like it. Will have to look at the others.

I'm not sure if Ishi posted them in the gallery or not, but Tapes 1-8 were going to be offered for download here. Don't know if that's still case.

Damn I must have missed the email about tape 10 or MB hasn't sent one yet. Good catch.

I'm not sure if Ishi posted them in the gallery or not, but Tapes 1-8 were going to be offered for download here. Don't know if that's still case.

Sorry for the delay. We do have the entire collection (thanks to streaml1ne). However, we may have to hold this project off for now as the recent forum downtime is due to heavy download traffic. Rest assured, we will try and work sometime out soon so everyone can enjoy the other MB series.

If you really need to sample a certain MB batch, please drop kurisu or myself a pm. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sorry for the delay. We do have the entire collection (thanks to streaml1ne). However, we may have to hold this project off for now as the recent forum downtime is due to heavy download traffic. Rest assured, we will try and work sometime out soon so everyone can enjoy the other MB series.

If you really need to sample a certain MB batch, please drop kurisu or myself a pm. I apologize for the inconvenience.

minidisc.org could use a bittorrent tracker ;)

minidisc.org could use a bittorrent tracker ;)

they're on ed2k a p2p file sharing network. as these are freely released i don't see a problem with putting indexing hashes for the music here.

www.overnet.com for the freeware program.

no.1

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape 01.zip|94791594|e81fe603a3e356331e4d0d4960d29e75|

no.2

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape 02.zip|86966510|c18bc6704d8b9db01e79bcf51bd6236f|

no.3

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz_Mixed_Tape_03.zip|93314284|35c5b8a8a709ee25ec8858dc4db08bec|

no.5

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz_Mixed_Tape_0 5.zip|93175808|53a3c83b7a66f38ffae2197163487554|

no.4

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz_Mixed_Tape_04.zip|93374145|afa6a064ac9bd131c51fca0125155706|

no.7

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape 07.zip|105997060|361770ed0a833ed0fd42edf4e8f660b6|

no.6

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape 06.zip|96731167|66f108202796a24f1aa6dd501f172ed4|

no.8

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz_Mixed_Tape_08.[content.emule-project.net].zip|107468944|8908f2cd6d953c418b391dc7958ed8d5|

no.9

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz Mixed Tape 09.zip|97339021|0d546b4f9412cd62c08bf25421358eeb|

no.10

ed2k://|file|Mercedes-Benz_Mixed_Tape_10.zip|98273228|ec0269835f671fdd6414a8add92c1272|

• 2 months later...

I can't get this to work. I've deactivated the pop-up blocker in the MSN toolbar (as it asks) but when I click "Start special" it just reloads the page. What am I doing wrong?

Try holding down control when you click the start special link. That might bypass whatever other popup blocker you appear to have lingering about.

streaml1ne: Thanks for the heads up. I'm enjoying these!

jonnymac: Try the bit torrents from post #3 of this thread. I got a few of them from there.

Great idea... Waits in anticipation. :)

It's certainly different from the other mixtapes, definitely funkier. I like the first few tracks and the last few moreso than the middle. Overall it's a pretty listenable release but not as great as tapes 8 and 9 IMO.

I agree. In my opinion, Mixed Tapes 11 is akin more to a compilation rather than a "mix" piece so to speak. But it's quite an enjoyable effort nonetheless.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, same as before for me. When I click on the link it just reloads the same page, even with pop-up blocker deactivated as instructed. Doesn't work with Opera either. Any chance someone could provide it elsewhere for me? Someone did this before and it worked great.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...