RM-MC40ELK doesn't display Artist/Album/Song info simultaneously

Rate this topic

Herri

I've been using the RM-MC40ELK with an MZ-RH10 Hi-MD recorder and it doesn't seem to want to display the Artist/Album/Song information like it does in the promo pics.

It only displays the Group#, Time-elapsed, and toggles between Artist/Album/Song info by pressing the "Display" button on the back. Is this due to a feature incompatibility with new Hi-MD recorders, or is my RM-MC40ELK faulty? I've tried holding the "Display" button down for 2 seconds and searched the menu options to no avail. Is there something I'm missing here? Perhaps that particular 3-line display capability for track information is only functional on Sony portables that come equipped with the RM-MC40ELK?

Anyhow, this is how I want it to display track information:

IPB Image

-Herri

Perhaps that particular 3-line display capability for track information is only functional on Sony portables that come equipped with the RM-MC40ELK?

That's affirmative - the 3 line display for track information appears to work only with 1st generation units that has the RM-MC40ELK as default remote.

It works with my NH900 although (in Europe at least) it doesn't come bundled with the RM-MC40ELK... but perhaps in Japan it did, so it might fall under Ishi's remark

Will confirm Ishii is right - works with all 1st Gen including EH1 & NH900 (I believe the World Tourist model of the NH900 did in fact ship with the RM-MC40ELK), but not with 2nd Gen in this way (eg DH10P or RH10).

With my NH600 I think it works OK, and has several display settings.

One is like this:

First, it displayes three lines with

* Name given to Hi-MD disc

* Folder name, same as group for me

* Song title

The first line scrolls, then the second, then the third.

After that, it changes to display three lines:

* Artist

* Album

* Song

Scrolls the same line-by-line way as with the first combination.

Then it starts all over again.

With my NH600 I think it works OK, and has several display settings.

One is like this:

First, it displayes three lines with

* Name given to Hi-MD disc

* Folder name, same as group for me

* Song title

The first line scrolls, then the second, then the third.

After that, it changes to display three lines:

* Artist

* Album

* Song

Scrolls the same line-by-line way as with the first combination.

Then it starts all over again.

Wow, so it works perfectly with the NH600, but not the RH10? Slick.

I'm picking up one of these remotes for my NH600d.

Yes, aparrently the RH10/910 cannot utilize the 3 line display of the 40ELK fully. However, the DH710 does! The DH710 menu system is similar/based on the 1st gen units, and it can utilize the 40ELK to display Artist, album, and song on the 3 lines. :)

IMO, this is another oversight of Sony. Sony just cannot make 1 thing right at the get go.

IMO, this is another oversight of Sony. Sony just cannot make 1 thing right at the get go.

I wouldn't call it an oversight since the 2nd generation MZ-RH10 and MZ-RH910 features a large six-line OLED and five-line LCD display respectively. Thus, the lack of three-line display support is insignificant for general purposes; nonetheless, the option should be made available to users.