Format's demise leads to Australia facing massive Minidisc liquidation.

Christopher

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Sparky.I didn´t read your post earlier but thanks for pointing that out to me.I forgot that you could get adapters from a travel shop...Only 4euros sounds like a Bargain.You haven´t had any problems charging the unit...I´m not sure which one to get the NH1 or the NH900...Is there any difference?Anybody got any of these models...or is there anywhere in the form where I can go and find reviews of posts about these items....Viva El Mini-Disc

Hi Sefu,

I am also very anxious for the international order.

By the way, it says "All pricing in Australian dollars inclusive of GST" on your website. So the prices for the international order would be down exclusive of GST?

Yes, the site will automatically deduct the GST. But on my order Swedish customs will add 25% Swedish VAT... :(

Cheers Sparky.I didn´t read your post earlier but thanks for pointing that out to me.I forgot that you could get adapters from a travel shop...Only 4euros sounds like a Bargain.You haven´t had any problems charging the unit...I´m not sure which one to get the NH1 or the NH900...Is there any difference?Anybody got any of these models...or is there anywhere in the form where I can go and find reviews of posts about these items....Viva El Mini-Disc

I tried it a couple of times and had no problems. I have the MH700 but I rarely use the inbuilt charger. I had a 4xAA charger already, and I just use that. Theres lots of discussions about NH1 vs NH900. If you do a search on these forums you'll find lots of info.

In short the NH1 is better looking, but less practical than the NH900. For some it doesn't matter and they love the sexy NH1. Other like the more practicality of the NH900. For the specfic differences do the search.

I already got mine...

WOOOHOOOOOO

a silver NH-1 just arrived this morning and i'm one happy customer

Got mine too! :D

My second sexy silver NH- 1 :lol:

Now to hide it from my better half! :unsure:

This is my 4th unit! hope they sell out soon! before i get tempted again! <_<

So please open the international flood gates before it cost me all my money & my marriage too! :lol:

It's not entirely done yet, but I should've ordered when shipping was free over a certain amount... Now shipping would cost me three times the cost of the players... :(

Edit: That option returned, I hope that's something that'll stand...

Edit #2: Well, I got a confirmation email, so I guess it's confirmed and binding... :)

Edit #3: No, the shipping isn't free (the site still isn't ready) but the shipping is a reasonable amount.

Edited by tommypeters

I want to order an NH1 and I'm from Canada but two problems. First, it isn't deducting the Australian GST. Second problem is $72AU for shipping by EMS? Comparing Audiocubes which also uses EMS and is in Japan, not that much closer than Australia from Canada cost $15US for an NH1 also. Still cheaper but what's up with the inflated shipping?

Edited by finalcoolman

Canada is up now.

The GST is deducted on the confimation page.

Because of the bundle pack the whole package weighs about 2KG therefore the shipping is higher.

These are the actual shipping rates charged, we are not profiting from the shipping.

Hi Sefu,

Like Bond I am living in a country in europe which isn't listed in your list. I am very disappointed because i was looking forward bying me a NH1. Could you please add The Netherlands to the list? I am sure there are many interested here in ordering.

Hope you will. Thanx!

Cheers Sefu...

How long after you´ve dispatched the player will it take to reach Ireland or Spain or any other European destination.I´ve just ordered a Player and ít´s been sent Ireland instead of Spain.Ireland was up first and I wasn´t taken any chances,A NH1 for Xmas from my parents...yahooooooooooooo....I´m so excited.....can´t wait.Again Cheers sefu....Christmas has come early and you´ve certainly been everyones Santa Claus this Chrimbo......Merry Xmas everyone.....Adios a todos

Yep will mark as gift.

ATRAC disc is just a music CD that is already encoded in ATRAC so you can download it onto your MD. They artist such as Beyonce, Fred Ferdanez, Spiderman soundtrack and a some Australian artist.

Sorry you cant choose what you want, its luck of the draw.

Just to let you know, there is a delay in getting these out for 2 reasons.

1. Stock is moving very fast, so its more than likely your ordering to hold stock for the next shipment coming in

2. Because of so many orders it will take us longer to get them all out.

Our courier service reckons it takes 2 - 4 days to get it to you

Is there ANYONE from Toronto here who's willing to help me purchase one minidisc? We can meet up and I'll pay of course.. If not I'll have to ask raji from Winnipeg to help me on this one.. and shipping is expensive, whatmore shipping -again- from Winnipeg to Toronto..

Please?

Edited by arias

Yep we will mark all internaionals as gifts.

Tommy and Arden,

Your order has been assigned to the next batch which will be due in mid week.

Because we opened the store for international orders the delay may be slighly longer. We are trying to do everything to get them out ASAP though.

International Orders

Ok for you international guys. because of the nature of the internet and to protect ourselves from fraud and to keep our banks happy we will ask all international customers to provide further identification to us. I am sorry for any inconvinience this may cause but it is my duty to keep our store protected from these nasty "customers" and to be able to keep our store open for you guys.

You will receive a email later today for the request

This is driving me crazy....anyone else having this problem? I'm ten feet from the goal line and I can't check out. I tried with Firefox and Explorer, also with my Norton Internet Security off....I can't break the barrier at the end of the shopping cart (when I hit "checkout" I get a message that I was denied access).

Sefu, help me out! I want to give you money!

I've tried everything....cookies allowed etc....I regularly buy from other sites and I'm at a loss as to why I can't complete this transaction. Is this a problem for other US customers?

Do it on someone else's comp. ;) Before it's gone..

On a personal note, aren't there ANY Toronto people here who could help me out? :(

Went to a different laptop...which is almost but apparently not quite identically configured. It went through with no problem. So if anyone else runs into the same problem, try a new computer or different internet connection....

Two NH1s, a 900 and an 800....come to Poppa...

Hey Sefu, I ordered an Nh1 last week sometime (local Sydney delivery) but have so far been unable to take delivery of it. I've been trying to arrange a time with the courier company, but they've been stuffing me around a bit. They failed to return my requests to arrange a time for delivery when they said they would, and now they're telling me they've returned the package to sender because they couldn't deliver it. <_<

What happens next?

Hey Sefu, I ordered an Nh1 last week sometime (local Sydney delivery) but have so far been unable to take delivery of it. I've been trying to arrange a time with the courier company, but they've been stuffing me around a bit. They failed to return my requests to arrange a time for delivery when they said they would, and now they're telling me they've returned the package to sender because they couldn't deliver it. <_<

What happens next?

May I recommend all queries of a specific nature be conducted outside these fora. Easback, you should contact Minidisc Australia via email/phone/website - I'm sure they will be happy to assist. Let's keep this threat on topic.

What happens next?

Your best to email, pm or call me with your order number, otherwise there is no possible way for me to find your order in our system.