RSS Feeds

Christopher

Want to keep up on the latest news in the Minidisc community, or perhaps just new posts at the forum? Feel free to employ MDCF's free RSS feeds, keeping you up to date on what's the buzz.

To employ our RSS feed, either utilize the IPB Image button on the lower left of the forum, or within your browser click on the relevant RSS button. For best effect in the Mozilla Firefox browser, click on the aforementioned icon at the lower left of the forum and then add it to the Bookmark Toolbar folder, giving you the ability to view the RSS feed in a drop-down menu on your bookmarks.

Direct feed links:

Minidisc.org News: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=rssout&id=1

(updated every 5 minutes with last 6 new topics)

(updated every 15 minutes with last 25 new posts)

Hi-MD Forum @ MDCF: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?act=rssout&id=2

(updated every 15 minutes with last 25 new topics)

Edited by kurisu

• 2 weeks later...

Love the RSS feeds...

They play nice as live bookmarks in Firefox 1.5:

IPB Image

And show up nice with the pics as well in your RSS reader:

IPB Image

I was originally using the XML feed from the front page (mindisc.org). Incidently, what's happening with that site? It doesn't get updated much anymore and the equipment browser is lacking a lot of the latest units. On the plus it also contains a whole host of really useful info (FAQs) and links, things that really should be stickied here. Is this forum supposed to be a seperate entity to minidisc.org, or is their going to be tighter intergration in the future? I'm just curious...

firefox 1.0.7

Just click on the icon at the bottom right corner of the browser and you should get and option to subscribe to the various feeds. You can then add these as bookmarks and they will be updated with latest posts etc.. when you click in the bookmark.

Personally I used a dedicated RSS reader called Feed Demon which is very good.

[attachmentid=1122]

post-7571-1132064371_thumb.jpg

Edited by richyhu

30 bucks?? say wa? i jus thought if it was something you could do with firefox, then k, but im not that fusses, tnx neway.

You can do it for free of course in Firefox, but I don't like reading my feeds as bookmarks. Plus I subscribe to a lot of feeds.

Edit - you can also use Mozilla Thunderbird

Edited by richyhu

'MDCF News' has been renamed 'Minidisc.org News' as we will soon be carrying a script on the front site of minidisc.org that will import RSS topics from the news forum there, replacing the way we posted news in the past. This will greatly bring the portal and forums together in a blissful union to bring the community even closer. This will also helpfully usher more individuals into the forum. :D

Edited by kurisu