KrazyIvan's MZ-NH600D Pictorial

Rate this topic

I packed it up and sent it off to Massachusetts since I sold it. I had to do a last tribute to my 600D. It was a good little unit but did not work out for me since I am an avid recordist. The lack of a line in/mic in just left me with an empty feeling. It did help me get my feet wet with Hi-MD. :D Some may recognize the first image as one being plagarized by unscrupulous internet auctioneers. SO if you see that image in an internet auction most likely what you are buying is not what is pictured. :huh: I only have two images right now because I did not realize I had not uploaded the rest of my images. I'll update with more images shortly.

All images © Copyright 2005 - Ivan Romero

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by KrazyIvan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmmm. I am not sure. Maybe I exceeded my bandwidth. I'll check it.

EIDT* Okay, that should be better. I must have accidentally deleted them last week when I was doing some cleanup. :D I did not even think people were still looking at these. :D

Edited by KrazyIvan

I never looked at your pictorial ..Looks a nice NH600D..thanks for sharing pic with us ..

Then you probably never saw the other pictorials I have lying around here. :ok::lol: [shameless plug]You should really take a look at them.[/shameless plug] :D

Then you probably never saw the other pictorials I have lying around here. :ok::lol: [shameless plug]You should really take a look at them.[/shameless plug] :D

Yeah, I looked at your other pictorial that you have posted in this forum ..You are doing X-lent work ..Nice pictorial, :D thanks again: B)

Thanks Stuge! :) It's amazing what you can do with macro mode and a good source of natural diffuse light. I take the pictures at my desk at work. I sit under a huge sky light (10 feet x 10 feet) that provides awesome lighting for this type of photography.

Yeah, I also like the dark blue NH600 better, but then again, I'm more partial to any blue units.

IPB Image

Nice clear pics. I really need some lessons from you, Ivan. I like how the AA battery bulge isn't as obvious in the NH600 compared to my old N505 (total hunchback).

The key is using difuse natural light and turn off the flash. Cloudy days actually make good days to shoot with available light from a nearby window. Make sure you set your camera to macro mode (the flower symbol on most cameras). If you can't hold the camera steady, use a tripod or support yourself in some way so you don't get camera shake. :)

• 1 month later...

Dooes anyone think budget Hi-MDs will come out again?

Sorry for the late reply.

I have a feeling the answer is no. Sony is now gearing HiMD to recording, which I believe is a mistake, but there is nothing we can do about it. Odds are, the world of downloader/budget units are over. The DH710 and 600D are the only ones and it will probably stay that way. I picked up a 600D off ebay for $45 shipped on ebay the other day. Great to have it as a backup unit and to take a load off my rh10, especially when going to large public places, it's my "grab n go" unit. I'd like to see sony make more budget units in the future, but don't get your hopes up.

I just picked up one of these on eBay for only $29! No, it doesn't have a line or mic in, but considering its extreme cheapness and use of one AA cell, it will make a nice companion for working out or being out in public, two places where I don't want to risk my more expensive (and arguably more fragile) HDD-based players. (I no longer do any live recording, anyhow).

• 3 weeks later...