What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an RH1... yes, I know I was saying I was going to wait till the summer and the reports of it working both ways with mac... but I just got news I will get a reimbursement on some expenses earlier this year (€325) which I didn't expect anymore and the Sony Centre 15 minutes from work had three in stock (going for... yes indeed €325) so I just couldn't help myself and I went for it

it's now sitting on top of my desk, charging but I have already played around with it a bit... boy it looks classy next to my NH900 :lol:

edit: forgot to say that I know it is a bit overpriced, but as I just regained that exact amount I didn't really care and after a nice chat with the store owner (who uses an RH10 himself for recording his kids I believe) in which I thaught him a whole bunch of features/selling points he didn't know of yet (thank you MDCF!) I was able to get a 10 pack Sony 80min colors and a couple of 1gb discs for free (yes I know, it still is a bit steep, but hey I won't miss the money and I have a new gadget :lol: )

Edited by The Low Volta

this weekend I will have access to my dad's digital camera... I'll try to make some pics... but after seeing all these nice pictorials here on MDCF (thanks a lot Ishii :lol: ) I now am very afraid of posting anything visual...

but as I said, I will try

:blink:Just finished installing my biometric door handle! .. the ADEL-LA9-3-A, now my vast MD equips are safe from harm.

IPB Image

this weekend I will have access to my dad's digital camera... I'll try to make some pics... but after seeing all these nice pictorials here on MDCF (thanks a lot Ishii :lol: ) I now am very afraid of posting anything visual...

but as I said, I will try

Congratz on the purchase Volta! I look forward to your pictorial. :ok:

:blink:Just finished installing my biometric door handle! .. the ADEL-LA9-3-A, now my vast MD equips are safe from harm.

IPB Image

Brilliant! I want one too! :lol:

Brilliant! I want one too! :lol:

I highly recommend one, made of high quality construction. The installation would have been much easier if I had a modern door, but my apartment was built a looong time ago. Probably woke up the whole town with my reciprocating saw @ 3AM!

^^ROFLMAK, how much was that thing?? What happens if someone puts on a latex glove and theres still ur print on there like in the movies?? :huh: Or if the thing just breaks and ur locked out?? :lol:

umm,.. well I've got it programmed for both my thumbs and index fingers, and have tried to 'fool' it many time with diff people/thumbs yet it refuses to open for anyone but myself. Can be changed to open with the keypad or even keypad+print, top-quality indeed.

jaques, that thing is hilarious. i'm sure it's a decent security option for you door but from my side of the internet i cant take it seriously...

ho about a IRL pic?

^_^of course, have a look --

IPB Image

Hi-MD PHOTO

My newest toy (dang...if the MZ-RH1 doesn't hit U.S. vendors soon, my Toys For Tots Me fund will be dreadfully depleted). This is my first GPS experience, and being easily amused, this thing is a hoot. I use it with my Palm T5. Palm recently lowered its price on this to $180, I bought for $156 (delivered) from www.pagecomputers.com. It uses TomTom Navigator 5 software (included), and overall it really seems to be a solid package.

I'm playing around with getting it to connect (bluetooth) to my cell phone, to allow additional ($$) services including Traffic and Weather. There's a 30-day free trial for such services, which will be just right for a long upcoming road trip.

[attachmentid=1768]

post-4093-1150117746_thumb.jpg

dammn. my old 'phone died so now i've had to eat into my w1000 money to replace it.

i just got a panasonic x800 - it has some average reviews but i got a good deal on it & i've always wanted to own a symbian to see what the fuss is. very thin too, i've always preferred small size to features & i did get a free spare battery

http://panasonic.co.jp/pmc/products/en/x800/index.html

been buying one or two classic rock DVD's per week; the names don't matter, after a while they all sound the same!

hey ray goood to see you, when you say classic, what era you talking about?

i just bought a sandisk 1gb miniSD to go with my last purchase x800 phone.

Hi atrain,

by "classic" DVD, or just classic;; (oops, it's hard not to double punctuate);

i mean 70's and 80's rock music; i guess.

it's what i have been buying up lately; like, a LOT of it; and also trading with TullFan, my buddy from Va.

here's the latest i have bought; including today's; lol (non-classic).

Black Sabbath - Paris 1970 (DVD)

Greatful Dead - Dead ahead (DVD)

AC/DC - Family Jewels (DVD)

Prince - The Hits Collection (DVD)

Pink Floyd - London 1966/1967 (DVD)

Rush - Replay X 3 (DVD) (just got it today)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - stadium arcadium (CD)

Prince - 3121 (CD) *want the DVD IF it comes out*

so,, this is all in about two weeks time; and just got two more gift certificates today; whick means i am gonna go out tomorrow and get more Greatful Dead and whatever.

this keeps me "YOUNG"; i will never grow old; as even though i retired from DJ'ing; i still listen to Rap, Hip-Hop; Electronica, Arena Rock, New Age, Jazz, Soft jazz, AND play along with a lot of these songs on my 88 key Yamaha electric piano.

yes, RAP; when it's done well; i (Rayzray) can see the talent in it, where most ppl my age can't stand it.

that's why THEY grow old; and i grow YOUNG, and, "out of control" as my wife and my "X's" tells me.

Edited by rayzray

yes, it's great! i recorded Prince on Good Morning America on DVD and he sang "lolita" and "Satisfied" and convinced me that i should buy it right away! He is sounding more "Funk-a-delic" like George Clinton and Parliament; and right now i am listening to 3121 also; what a coincident; and, i am getting in the mood to re-mix this CD and hook all the funk together; expecially 3121 and Get on the Boat.

it's my birthday in a couple of days so i've got present money plus some savings. or i did.

i've bought in the last week.

5 sci-fi novels [connie willis, neal stephenson & more] & a grey's anatomy S1 DVD* all from amazon

panasonic X800 & a sandisk 1gb miniSD card.

a pair of retro casio watches.

some clothes, a couple of polos & an adidas classic hoodie

*for my ex-girlfriend[ish]'s upcomming 21st.

it's my birthday in a couple of days ......

i've bought in the last week.

5 sci-fi novels [connie willis, neal stephenson & more] & a grey's anatomy S1 DVD* all from amazon

happy birthday, atrain, a lot of blings for the zing.! my wife would LOVE to have a grey's anatomy S1 dvd set;; thanks for remindind me that they ARE available.

(i am still getting bling bling money from my past birthday; i bleed it as long as i can get it.

and,enjoy you retro-casios; lol, i probably have some hanging around from the "real days"!! < (oops, a double punk)!

Picked up some CDs, a local band and Jack White's new effort "The Racontuers". Both are pretty good, and I enjoy them both.

Also picked up "Jpod" by Canadian writer Douglas Coupland. Being from Van, Camille probably knows who I am talking about. Cynicism for the Google age!!!

My birthday is coming up in under a month, so I am waiting till then to make any purchases, just incase I buy something my roommates/girlfriend has already bought for me. I told my parents to just get my gift cards for Future Shop or something so I can get myself a DSLR with some of my own money.

Also picked up "Jpod" by Canadian writer Douglas Coupland. Being from Van, Camille probably knows who I am talking about. Cynicism for the Google age!!!

i haven't gotten JPod yet (although my brother has it) -- i'm waiting for the paperback version to come out (since the previous 4 Coupland books i have are in that format)

anyway, bought a second-hand 1G blue Nintendo DS. as well, bought New Super Mario Bros, and Wario Ware Touched. plus my invisibleShield for my iPod came in the mail. :P

IPB Image

stream1ine, this is your fault. After reading your comment in response to my speeding ticket, I did some research and came to realize that the Valentine 1 is a gift from god and no driver with a quick car should be without one. It does carry a high price tag, but after reading reports that it can sniff K + Ka bands from miles away, I'm sold. It also has a directional arrow system to tell you where the radar source is emanating from, as well as a counter for the different signals it picks up (so, if there was two cop cars ahead with radar on, it'd show a 2 on the display). Laser signals, which are hard to detect, can be detected by this device if the signal bounces off another car and scatters. Should be here on Friday..