What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stream1ine, this is your fault. After reading your comment in response to my speeding ticket, I did some research and came to realize that the Valentine 1 is a gift from god and no driver with a quick car should be without one. It does carry a high price tag, but after reading reports that it can sniff K + Ka bands from miles away, I'm sold. It also has a directional arrow system to tell you where the radar source is emanating from, as well as a counter for the different signals it picks up (so, if there was two cop cars ahead with radar on, it'd show a 2 on the display). Laser signals, which are hard to detect, can be detected by this device if the signal bounces off another car and scatters. Should be here on Friday..

:D POP protection too. You can also send it back to be upgraded with new features as they come out. It's an awesome toy. In states where detectors are legal it also serves as a great BS detector. If a cop does pull you over and tells you you were speeding you can call bulls**t on it cuz there's no way they're evading the V1. And they know it :)

Pastagaman: In alot of states in the US detectors are perfectly legal. Some states they're illegal, like Virginia. They will pull you over and check to see if the unit is warm thereby telling them you were using it, and subsequently ticket you.

At the very least it serves as a reminder that you should check your speed more often. But it's just as good for those times at night when the roads are empty and you want to open it up a bit, hehe. Speed safely.

Well I wanted to get SLI, then i saw the GX27950 and thought well if i can sell my current 256mb 7900gt on ebay for 20 pounds less than i paid for it new, then i can just get the GX2. Well i had a look at the reviews, and decided that one gx2 really only gets the greatest results when you are running it on a 20 inch screen. I have overclocked my card to 480mhz core clock speed and 885 memory clock speed, and wil be getting a second 7900gt next thursday delivered to me. Ok if i had got the gx2 i could have bought a second one later down the line for quad core SLI, but figured i am not that hard core a gamer and 400 pounds is alot to spend twice. I just thought that if i had the two GX2's then if i got a 20 inch screen i could use that as my TV and be able to run the games at max res. But never mind, I should learn to be happier with when i get my second 7900gt :lol:

Mario Kart DS

One of my kids plays Mario Kart DS via Wi-Fi with people all around the world...I guess. He says he can't tell where the other players are from. I gotta hand it to Nintendo, this system seems to work really well, and I think he has more fun with it when he's playing a bunch of strangers than with one of his brothers across the room, whom he can pretty much beat any time. Even when he gets the snot kicked out of him by some hot-shot player, he keeps going back in for more.

Just got this, hope to test my 7900's further. From doing the stress test and only getting 'medium' performance computer, i suspect it's something to do with my cpu. Doesnt really matter i guess. With everything set to max, i got fps' from 21 up until 100 so lol i guess i'll have to try the game at full graphics and THEN go to medium if i see its not all 100%. ^_^

post-21416-1152610489_thumb.jpg

Been a while since I've checked this thread, so some of these purchases are a bit out-dated, but here goes:

July

- Just ordered "LocoRoco" for the PSP (via play-asia.com). Expecting arrival by end of next week or sometime the week after. :-)

June

- Sony DSC-T9 Cybershot digital camera ... in black!

- Sandisk 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for above camera

- Additional battery for above camera

- (15) TDK Bit Club blank MD's (yellow with arrows pointing up)

- 10 TDK XS-iV blank MD's from Design Line series, one of each of the following: Girotondo, Devrialem, Bow Wow Wow, Alien Rock, Pincuore, Brain Storm, MINIstry DISC, Happy Cyclop, one 74 min. plain XS-iV disc and one 80 min. plain XS-iV disc.

April (I think)

- Sony w810i Walkman cell phone (why oh why couldn't it support ATRAC too?)

just yesterday I bought my very first car! I started off with a nice second hand little thing... a RENAULT Clio 1.5 dCi Community III 48KW / 65PK from 2004 with +/-30000km (only used by the garage)

like this one (well, it is exactly the same car, from the same dealer etc, only in silver)

I just need to get the paperwork done (insurance, plates,...) and I will have some more freedom :lol:

it just really sucks that exactly today is the Belgian National Holiday annd everything is closed... I really want to go for a ride :angry:

uh, thanks sparks... that was what I was planning to do yeah (just from A to A but not in the shortest way possible of course :P )... but now I'm yearning for it even more :lol:

PS: it came with a Sony CD/MP3 in-dash unit... but unfortunately no Aux in at the front (I'll be checking for aux ports at the back later... that's how I hooked my NH900 to my parent's Philips car stereo and it is ok but you have to stash the cable when not in use as you can't just disconnect it easily)

as I can not go and get the car without papers and I can't get the papers as everything is closed, I can't test this as I hadn't really thought about this... but then again, the sony ericsson WALKMAN mobile phones do not play atrac either

as I can not go and get the car without papers and I can't get the papers as everything is closed, I can't test this as I hadn't really thought about this... but then again, the sony ericsson WALKMAN mobile phones do not play atrac either

Didn't realise that. Hadn't tried with my (just bought) K750i.

In addition I just bought a used set of Mission 760 Speakers.