What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days ago I picked up another pair of NC11A In-Ear Noise Cancelling 'phones to replace the ones that died last year. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the store I bought them at offered a 2 years extended warranty at no extra charge.

(If I have some time I'll maybe do a pictorial of these if anyone is interested).

A few days ago I picked up another pair of NC11A In-Ear Noise Cancelling 'phones to replace the ones that died last year. (If I have some time I'll maybe do a pictorial of these if anyone is interested).

Yes, please. :)

But, if you got the white version, then don't even bother. lol Kidding.

For a viewfinder you'd need to move up to a DSLR.

Not necessarily. Most of the Canon Powershot Point-and-Shooters have optical viewfinders.

Whats the difference between a Point and Shoot Optical viewfinder and a DSLR viewfinder?

DSLR viewfinder you are actually looking through the lense via a cobination of mirrors and prisms. So to a certain extent what you see is what you shoot. Point and shoot cameras are designed so that you are looking through an auxilary lense that is aligned with the lense that actually takes the picture.

Think of it like a riffle sight in reverse. Although you are looking through the sights of a riffle the bullet does not actually come out the sights, it comes out the barrel of the riffle. :) In a similar manner a P&S camera does not actually take the picture from the viewfinder. If you use the LCD to frame your shot then you are closer to what a DSLR is doing, sort of. For this reason with the exception of only one of the newest Sony DSLR's you cannot use the LCD to frame a shot with DSLR camera's. The mirror in the camera is in the way.

Okay that was just too much information I think. :P

Edited by KrazyIvan

Whats the difference between a Point and Shoot Optical viewfinder and a DSLR viewfinder?

From my understanding, with a Point-And-Shoot's optical viewfinder, you're looking through a separate window. With a DSLR, I believe you're actually looking through the lens of the camera itself.

Edit: Ivan beat me to it by a minute. lol And, his explanation is way better.

Edited by jaylen

@Sparky191:So which camera are you planning to buy?

Well I've a P&S Nikon 3700 which I think is great quality for a 3.2mp. It also has a 640x480 movie mode which I really like aswell. Saves me carrying a camcorder. If I wanted to get something better, for picture quality, movies and speed I think I'd go for a Fuji 9500, or the high end Sony DSC-H2/5. Otherwise if still picture quality was the primary factor I think I'd go for a entry level DSLR Nikon D50, Canon 350D or similar.

For a viewfinder you'd need to move up to a DSLR.

My Canon had a viewfinder and it wasn't DSLR, but for most uses the screen is ok, hit and miss in dark rooms though, otherwise pretty nice little camera.

Thanks for the tip though,

Bob

1 X Western Digital SATA 10K 74gb hdd @ £115 or $207

Yeh, lets compete, I got a 120GB internal hard drive for my laptop (WD) yesterday. :lol:

Linux woulden't connect to the web so about 3-4 hours of trying to get it to work I will just stick to windows! :angry: anyway, could be worse.

Edited by danielbb90

LOL. I bet those sound amazing. Eggos and cheese headphones sound like a nutritious match.

*sigh* I got another pair of headphones earlier today. Bringing my impulse buy to 2. <3 Pic for buy #2:

IPB Image

When I get my camera back from one of the roommies. Yeah, I'll most likely do it here. Only because you said please AND called me a hussy. :good:

lol And, T-Board has no pictorial section anyway.

When I get my camera back from one of the roommies. Yeah, I'll most likely do it here. Only because you said please AND called me a hussy. :good:

lol And, T-Board has no pictorial section anyway.

but...but...but :o:unsure:

Edited by KrazyIvan

QUOTE(GregTheRotter @ Aug 15 2006, 11:02 AM) *

Yeh, lets compete, I got a 120GB internal hard drive for my laptop (WD) yesterday. laugh.gif

Linux woulden't connect to the web so about 3-4 hours of trying to get it to work I will just stick to windows! mad.gif anyway, could be worse.

I just got a Western Digital Caviar 250 GB HD, lesst than $80.00 CI, about $100 USD, will try an install tonight, do some transfering, and try to get my SUSE Linux up and at em.

Bob