What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, thats the thing that dousn't support atrac! :lol: thanks for the link, looks intrestin.

I personally would be quite keen on one of these, although I don't know if there are plans yet to release one in Europe or more importantly whether Sony will actually allow people in europe to purchase e-reader content via the Connect store..

Over the last few months I have acquired a whole raft of hardware in order to make Super 8 movies.

The last item is the exciting Sony MZ-RH1 ($327). I am just learning how to use it. A friend has loaned me a PZM mic.

Here's the list with dollar amounts-

eBay- Beaulieu 2008 ($150) & 3008 ($435) Super 8 cameras, Canon 814e($76) Super 8, Nizo S8L ($36)

LEDs (light emitting diodes) About 125 of them plus 100 3v disc batteries from Chinese manufacture. LED and batteries $43 shipping $30. (Side note: Ordered from China on a Tuesday- it was in my hands on Friday)

Bought 2 orders of EL wire and battery pack ($50) from Thatscoolwire.com. This is neat stuff for lighting my mini sets.

This doesn't include the bit and pieces I've bought from Home Despot and other for some of my props and sets I'm building.

WOW! My wife's gonna kill me when she sees the Visa bill.

If I can figure out how to attach pics to Forum posts I will show everyone what I'm woring on.

Anyway, my film is a spoof on the tech industry-mostly Microsoft- with a Si-Fi Star Trek themes.

[attachmentid=2049]

Went ahead and bought it... could... not... resist!

First impressions are good, surprised to see native WMA playback.

Streaml1ne, I've had my eye on the reader for a while (since CES) but didn't realize it was shipping. Can I ask where you ordered it from? Thanks!

post-2583-1159940957_thumb.jpg

Edited by jillako

[attachmentid=2049]

Went ahead and bought it... could... not... resist!

First impressions are good, surprised to see native WMA playback.

Please consider a pictorial/review for our sister forum: ATRACLife. :)

By the way, the PRS-500 can be ordered for $349.99 from SonyStyle. However, "due to overwhelming demand, new Sony® Portable Reader orders will ship mid November."

Thanks Rich & Ishi :):)

@Rich:I have black colour (As black colour is the only colour available here )

Not sure ,but i have planned to buy Tennis or That golf one either on saturday or sunday (If i got time ).Right now i only have F1,which i got bundled with PSP.

I picked up a MZ-NHF800 used with a whole box full of discs. Aside from some inital hiccups on the operation of the unit things have gone well with it. I have bought my fair share of goodies in the recent past including a Nady CM-2S mic, a Giant Squid omni lav, more lenses for my Panasonic camcorder, a fluid head tripod and lots of other stuff depending on how far back we're talking. I'm in the process of getting set up to shoot a documentary and I've had to buy quite a bit of gear to make that work.

well no, I'm planning on adding the tape deck, sacd/dvd deck, phono amplifier onto it too B) .

And eventually some good speakers also, but I don't think I'll have those imported from Japan though :huh: ...

I definitely would like to read your review on those when you've tried them some bit, Richard. Congratulations on your purchase :ok: .

Ok - so a few more elements to add then ;) Actually a lot of the Onkyo speakers are available in Europe, but some of the more recent models are missing and I'm not sure how well the prices compare with importing.

I will definitely submit a write-up & photos of the NC22 when time permits.

Mazda 3, model 2007, engine 1.6L 16-valve 4-cylinder with VVT and 2- balance shafts, horsepower 104 @ 6000rpm, transmission 5-speed manual

[attachmentid=2062] :D

[attachmentid=2063] :ok:

[attachmentid=2064] ;)

Zoom Zoom Zoom,

Enjoy the ride,

Bob

finally got an iPod 80 gigabite

but not to completely replace minidisc as its a different market

and didn't pay full price for it at a store where discounting is encouraged

and most accessories purchased for iPod must also work with minidiscs and tapes

and very determined not to become an iPod drone

as many who blindly bought an iPod at full price had mutated into

and now its time to make an iPod case out of cardboard, plastic sheets and sticky tape

to feed no more money to those money hungry apples

Edited by tartan

Unused, still packaged MZ-NHF800 from ebay for 52UKP so that I had a use for all my old unused 74 minute blanks. I long since got fed up of recording my LP's and CD's to minidisc in real time and only recently discovered Hi-MD.

Sennheiser PX100's to replace my sadly deceased, in one side, Koss Sportapro's. I know the Koss 'phones have a lifelong guarantee, and I've had two new sets of foam covers from Koss, but since I replaced the cord myself and had to araldite the earpieces to the headband, I rather thought they may not honour the guarantee this time. I paid over the odds for the PX100's from Maplins in the UK, but I wasn't prepared to go a few days without music. That I picked such a great pair was pure luck as I'd had no chance to listen to them.

Tiny mono microphone from ebay for 8UKP to make it easier for the missus to record herself at choir practice. The mic has no lead and plugs straight into the mic socket - obviously - but is very sensitive and picks up motor noise. Much more so on the NHF800 than on the 7 year old JVC XM-R70 that she's using.

A rotovator for the missus' 50th birthday for her allotment. :lol: This last one may not mean much to anyone outside the UK.

did you buy it online or hands on? does this one run that monster of a monitor?

Bought it on line. Turns out the place where i bought the moniter had a bad batch of the moniter i wanted. Im using it with a 17" atm. When i get paid this friday I'll order a viewsonic or another acer but from another store. Yep its a sweet card. Bit longer than my 7900gt was but its cool :ok::lol: