What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didnt buy the Tivoli because I couldnt get the price , On the web just over a hundred , but in the Store here it was 26.800 yen

That is 250 dollars

So I replaced my Digicam instead at a different store , and bought a Nikon Coolpix L12 ... very cool camera.

http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1...productNr=25562

25562_360.jpg

We run into that here on prices here too, most stores just double the price, some are better though, looks like a cool camera

Bob

well,, one of my piano students hijacked me today to go get a belated BD gift;; i opted for Sienfied DVD set (Season 8) the DELUXE version;; and i paid the difference..

yeah;; i had to whine for this one a bit;; but she kept her promise!!

[late edit] i plan to put just the audio on a separate Hi-MD and listen to it in dark and tension moments;; like when my wife drags me to watch one of her upper class plays;; or lower class ones too..

Edited by rayzray

Doing a Guitar repair right now , for a freind who is leaving Japan ,

Items received in trade for the repair , and just general "Cant take it with me "

Yamaha MD4S ( the one with the XLR ins ) w/ 4 MD Data discs (Three new in package)

MD4S.jpg

A Beautiful Three seater , Dark green Leather couch ( That goes in my studio)

A Whole bunch of the Metal Wire Rack shelving system (Luminous )

a Pair of Boss Powered Monitors.

and a buttload of effects and stuff I havent even seen yet .

Moving is a Pain in the ...... wallet !

Edited by Guitarfxr

I went to Hardoff again , but this time I refrained from buying music gear ,....well sort of .... I spent 80 dollars on a Bunch of very cool T Shirts , that are pretty much musical in nature , Logos on them include

Miles Davis

MXR

Boz Scaggs

and a bunch of others in pretty much new shape four of them were new (still had the Tags)

But in the Junk section there was an MZ-R30 with ALL ACCESSORIES .... for 2100 yen AAGGGHHHHH 20 lousy dollars , and I had already bought the shirts ( I am going back to get it , its blue ...Must have it , Gotta have , Somebody STOP MEEEEEEEEEEE)

Be calm "...Must have it , Gotta have , Somebody STOP MEEEEEEEEEEE)", remember the mantra of MDA, it is an addiction, but it is a good thing, it keeps me off the streets, it keeps me busy MDMDMD

Breathe slowly, buy it and be happy

Bob

Be calm "...Must have it , Gotta have , Somebody STOP MEEEEEEEEEEE)", remember the mantra of MDA, it is an addiction, but it is a good thing, it keeps me off the streets, it keeps me busy MDMDMD

Breathe slowly, buy it and be happy

Bob

Ttttt Thh Thannk you Bob ,... its Blue ,,........I gotta get it .

MDA .. the only ones who understand me ,,, Waaaahahhhhhhgghh

( Just a little Melodrama.... a little)

My kid wouldnt drink his miso soup this morning because he found a spider in it, then he asks me what kind of spider it was , I said ...."well lets see , It likes miso , and it was able to get into your bowl , ...Must be a Japanese Jumping spider " I think the spider was most grateful for the rescue supplied to him :drinks:

Well the MD4S has arrived ,

I sat for 20 minutes , Checking ins/outs , used a Cheap ECM360 Sony mic on a Balanced Cable (XLRto XLR) and I must say the Mic pres are very nice in this machine , the EQ is very musical the Bass well defined and not overly boomy , My UDU drum sounded quite good , my Guitar was fat and clear , adding a bit of Mid on the EQ really brought out the presence .

The Noise leve of the Mic in at Absolute Mic setting was suprisingly good , back off just a bit on the gain pot and raise the fader , practically no noise at all .

I can see having a great deal of fun with this machine , I will have to replace a few pots as ther are a bit worn out and that is the only source of noise ( Scratchy , contacts , ) but what can you expect from a Machine that is subjected to Japanese weather , and as old as it is .

The problems it has are fixable . The sound quality exellent .

Just wish it had digital out , that would be awesome.

I played a VERY old Al Di Meola MD in it and added a little EQ , ......Man what a Difference , the old recording was a bit muddy to begin with , but the EQ on the MD4s is Very sweet , and the frequency divisions are right in the pocket .

Yamaha MD4S , I will give it 4.5 out of 5 stars

Detractions are , It isnt HiMD , and it doesnt have Optical out , ....If it had those two things , I would sell a buttload of my gear because I wouldnt want for anything else.

yamaha_md4s_plan.jpg

I think the only thing I wanna do to it is replace the pots so I get clean signal thru it . It really is a great sounding piece , I am quite suprised at it . Wishing I would have had it a long time ago . Would have saved me a ton of money on other gear.

No Phantom power , but very clean pre's . next week or week after , I will try to post something from it .( Wife is REALLY after me to finish the kitchen .)

I just bought a new lens for my Eos 350D.

It's a Canon EF-S 17-85 IS USM that I found on ebay for 480 euros....I hesitated a long time with a 70-200 L for quite the same price but as I use most of the time the wide angle I got with the camera instead of my Sigma 55-200 I chose the 17-85...

Estimate time arrival : Next week...just in time for the Duxford Warbird Airshow...héhéhé

efs1785mmf456isusmyg1.th.jpg

SD 722 + Schoeps CMC 64 boxed set for US market. Comes with clips, shields and I guess the box. I am skipping lunch for the rest of my life to pay for it. I found out what I am replacing my MZ-RH1 with. :blum:

WOW , how much did it set you back (Used or new?) that is some srious gear there dude.

Your recording options have indeed expanded.

By the way , there is a firmware update for it if you havent already done so .

http://www.sounddevices.com/index.html

Edited by Guitarfxr

Picked up a Sony RM-VL1000T universal remote on Friday.

73863.jpg

This one is really a cinch to program (it just learns commands from your other remote controls) and means I can control the TV, DVD Recorder, Digital Cable Receiver and Hi-MD bookshelf all from one place.

Picked up a Sony RM-VL1000T universal remote on Friday.

73863.jpg

This one is really a cinch to program (it just learns commands from your other remote controls) and means I can control the TV, DVD Recorder, Digital Cable Receiver and Hi-MD bookshelf all from one place.

Does it work on S.U. and kids too, would be a neet Calvin device if it did! To dream!!

Bob

Ok , another trip to Hardoff today ,

I bought a Kenwood DMC-A7R (Sharps very first MD Recorder) Optical in/out , W/All accessories in ABSOLUTELY Pristine condition , Not a Mark on it Listening to Dream Theater on it right now ..........Vintage is Cool ! 3,000 yen

Also , a Sony SRF-DR1 FM Data Reciever . I sat watching news Scroll in amazement on the sceen for an Hour , kliking menus just like reading the newspaper , select what news feed you want Traffic , Weather , etc Song /Artist , Song playlist for the station ......All on a Battery Operated handheld that has remarkably good sound with a decent pair of phones, really locks the station in .

also 3,000 yen (I told my wife it was for the house and we NEEDED it in case of power outage , :P )

Actually got something done on the house today too.

All in All ......A good Day

digital_md_kenwood_dmc_a7r-14431.jpg

Srf_dr1.jpg

GF - Did she believe that line???

Cheers

Well she had coffe wit me dis mornin , and no yellin at me !!!!! :thank_you2:

by the way the MD works perfectly , I recorded an hour worth of stuff optically last night , checked it in another MD , And the output was really Hot peggin the meters

Edited by Guitarfxr

i've been married THREE times;; believe me;; they don't believe it;; they will only delay the respose and USE IT as fuel to get something THEY WANT later..!!

all wives and "X's" are programed to automatically "not to Believe";; and all my wives were Blonde;; and believe me;; they are not stupid;; they just had more fun at my expense..

Ray my wife is Japanese , and you are speaking where you ought not , plus your a bit egocentric so it would be understandable where you would have dissagreement with them . I am not an egocentric , maybe a bit eccentric , but always fair .

Not everyone revolves around your pattern of thought ,

Here I will quote a Scripture , take it for what you will

" He that compares himself ....with himself , has no understanding "

To say that a woman is programmed is somewhat offensive to me , some of my BEST freinds have been women , and they are as human as you .

Oh,, i bought a NEW Roxio Creator 9 version yesterday for my new PC (if my student EVER get it going);; i have to keep up with the vista thing i guess..

i did this on my own without their permission;; perhaps i'm in trouble..

oh,, i'm not "egocentric";; there has to be a better word;; i looked it up in the Dick-sion-airy;; you see;; i spend EVERY minute of every day planning how i can make ppl happy with what i can do;;

my whole purpose in life is making ppl HAPPY;; but sometimes i miss one..

[late edit] and i have done hundreds of charity concerts/shows and lost a LOT of mics to "Special Ppl" that LOVED to twirl them on the stage,, by the chord;; and break them!!!!

you constantly refer to yourself in the first person , You have to have more gear than anyone , and your accomplishments have to be bigger and better than anyone .

Admittedly you ARE a Character and not neccessarily an unpleasant one , but you are egocentric .

Charity doesnt change that . Its just called philanthropy , Politicians do it all the time . At least your NOT a politician (unless you and Libby have secret CIA ties we dont know about !!!)

you constantly refer to yourself in the first person , You have to have more gear than anyone , and your accomplishments have to be bigger and better than anyone .

Admittedly you ARE a Character and not neccessarily an unpleasant one , but you are egocentric .

Charity doesnt change that . Its just called philanthropy , Politicians do it all the time . At least your NOT a politician (unless you and Libby have secret CIA ties we dont know about !!!)

more gear;; like buying all the time;; yes;; that was my "Business";; i was a musician and DJ;; i had to buy gear and electronic bling blings to write it off towards the income tax (Uncle Sam)..

they were ALL "write offs".. i just ENJOYED doing it..

i like the Philanthrofist part though;; i never thought of myself as one.. a person that donates money (which i did little of that);; property,, (which i never owed );; and "WORK",, mmmm,, maybe that,, yes,, a lot of that and they left out "Love";; but then they would have had to add another page in the Dick-sion-aire to all that one important word..

Poloticians;; mmmm,, i hate them;; they used me for years as i used to play their fundraisers;; sphagggettii dinners;; and election nights;; and of course they used to use my mics to tald on the stage;; so as they were waiting for my to finish my last song;; they would be talking to each other candidly and un-officially standing next to me..

un-be-hold they didn't know i could hear all the crap and back-stabbing crap they were saying;; and also all the bull-sh*t that they WOULDN'T say in their speech..

i acquired an hatred for them and realized they are users.. that all i will way about them..

as far as having to do bigger and better things;; mmmm,, yes;; i was a scrawny runt as a kid TRYING to keep up in baseball and other sports;; and finally MADE it;;

my coaches would scream at me IF i came in 2nd in track;; and make me sleep with the football if i fumbled;;

and my accordion teacher would THROW his chair against the wall IF i played a wrong note;; i was programmed to be first all the time..

i certainly cannot say i am FIRST here on this forum;; just trying to keep up;; and understand the up coming technology which i try to avoid..

i am even pondering selling all my gear cause i have decided to permanently quit DJ'ing;; no need for it anymore..

well,, i should throw in da towel while i am still a little ahead;; and i guess this will be my last post on MDCF;; and tomorrow i will go out and buy me the BIGGEST beer (even though i don't drink) and celebrate the death of rayzray..

Sin-sure-ly yours,,

Rayzray (your person Philanthrfist)..

Edited by rayzray