What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinnacle Studio Ultimale 11;; it's great;; i even installed it myself,, but my students will be mad.. Having fun with it;; making al LOT of 20 song DVD/Videos;; now,, if i can figure out what to do with thie Modest Mouse live DVD i bought;; it seems to be "Out-of-Tune"..!!

oh,, and;; now that i have THREE PC's in my studio;; and THREE "MICE" on my table!!!! wtf am i supposed to do!!!! like,, whick mouse does what?? which keyboard do i "Bang"!! whick one is on da internet?? is there a simpler solution..

yes;; my students set up my NEW PC;; but ; i (rayzray) re-set-uped the other two;; it mo' "Funner"..!!

Edited by rayzray

there is some interface hardware available that lets you have 2 PCs connected to only one keyboard, set of monitor speakers, mouse, monitor screen, mic, etc, with an easy commuting function; it's quite handy, it saves space and is effective.

Maybe they even have a device for connecting 3 PCs to the aforementioned peripherals...

thanks,, Wiz,, i'll look into it;; but isn't my way "Funner"?? and,, also more efficient.. i can do THERE completely different projects at the same time;; plus record on my 22 DVD recorders and 27 MD units;; that qualifies me for the Guinnis Book of Records..

Edited by rayzray

thanks,, Wiz,, i'll look into it;; but isn't my way "Funner"?? and,, also more efficient.. i can do THERE completely different projects at the same time;; plus record on my 22 DVD recorders and 27 MD units;; that qualifies me for the Guinnis Book of Records..

Hi Ray

welcome back, I personally function best at the pandemonium method of doing things, neat and orderly are an alien concept. Can you post a picture of your setup, I'd love to see it. Glad your vista system is coming along

Take care,

Bob

Hi Ray

welcome back, I personally function best at the pandemonium method of doing things, neat and orderly are an alien concept. Can you post a picture of your setup, I'd love to see it. Glad your vista system is coming along

Take care,

Bob

i will,, as soon as i DIG OUT my camcorder/camera from UNDER all my Computers and gear!!

In the US anyway , exept that the Chinese copiest might have you beat by a few DVD recorders , The MD ,....You got em .

That's awesome! I'm waiting for the US launch of the Bamboo. Can I ask how much you paid? How do you like it?

I paid 8,900 yen .

It is a little quirky , if you dont know how to use one , but if you have the artist touch (I never could draw very well) it is way cool

I like it , just have to get use to using a Tablet (This is my first one) I bought it for doing additions to files for guitar students , drawing hand positions , Chord shapes , or writing chord names , side notes , but you easily get side tracked and just start doodling depending on the program your using it with,

I found a freebie for Mac called "Seashore" that is like "Paint" for windows only a lot more control brushes , shading even finger smudging ( like you would do with a pencil on paper.

Up above the Puprle bird was my first doodle , (kinda had a Phoenix thing in mind)

i want to buy this E-MU0404 USB module for my NEW PC;; is there anything wrong with this?? Guitar Center recommended if over the M_aidio.. (same price $199.99)

i NEED da BOTH SPDIF & Toslink/optical I/O's..

(http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=610&subcategory=611&product=15185)

[Late Edit} mmmm ;; i don't see that it is compatible to "Vista";; i have Vista..!!

Edited by rayzray

CTASONWHD001.jpg

Sony Walkman adapter for use with Sony car radios: CD/MD changer head to Walkman remote connector socket, for control & display of (Hi-)MD functionalities on the car radio.

Where did you pick that up? Is it the CTASONWHD001 or CTASONWHD002? And is this compatible with the MZ-RH1?

Thanks!

@ Gnavicks & bobt: I imported the CTASONWHD001 -as it's for a Sony car radio- from Car Audio Plus UK. For OEM car radios, you need the CTASONWHD002 with another kit.

I assume you imported the ASONWHD001 from Car Audio Plus UK to the USA, but they don't ship worldwide or do they? Did you contact them directly?

soooo,, i went out to buy hardware/software for my THREE computers and came home with::

1.. i Prince CD Planet something or other;; sound pretty Princy to me!!!!

2.. one JVC HA-FX33-A Stereo earbuds;; ilika them;; (8 - 23,000) freq resp;; and Prince sounds good in them..

3.. glue for to fix things my wife breaks.. (well may i broke some)..

4.. 500 watt spotlight to take pics of my room/studio to show yous..

getting my room/studio prettied up for to take pics to post;; most of them will be awesome..

Edited by rayzray

500 WATTS AHHHHHHHHHGGGGG " Doctor My Eyes .......Blinded By the Light ......... Future so Bright ,..gotta wear Shades, ...... now / Go Get yourself some Cheap Sunglasses" !!!!

i haven't tried the light yet in my room/studio;; do you think it will show up my big a**ed dust balls??

perhaps i should go out and buy a 300 Watt bulb/element to put in it instead..!!

i know when i plugged it in in da kitchen;; the cats went flying!!

Edited by rayzray

i haven't tried the light yet in my room/studio;; do you think it will show up my big a**ed dust balls??

perhaps i should go out and buy a 300 Watt bulb/element to put in it instead..!!

i know when i plugged it in in da kitchen;; the cats went flying!!

didja take a picture, love flying cats, supercat anyone???!!!

Bob

Just bought some Nike Jordan Select Low "Do The Right Thing" Edition

gallery_7571_146_4936.jpggallery_7571_146_6806.jpg

awesome. i'm pining after some jordan IVs at the moment to go with the rest of my early 90's shoe collection [air flights, air force ones, air assaults reebok pumps etc.]

awesome. i'm pining after some jordan IVs at the moment to go with the rest of my early 90's shoe collection [air flights, air force ones, air assaults reebok pumps etc.]

Those Jordan IV Retro's are pretty scarce, but fine looking (not to mention quite pricey). PickYourShoes.com have a few varieties left =>

I just received these NC phones

994036353_0b57df16e8_o.jpg

just wired the money to steeleuk for the connect2 adapter for my car MD unit, hopefully it will be waiting 4 me when I get back fron=m Vegas next week. Thanks wiz and bighmw for getting in contact with the gentleman.

TTFN

• 2 weeks later...

i took my wife on a Sunday drive on saturday;; lost my way;; got to the highway (that happens to go to my favorite electronic store near Boston;; i asked IF i can go in a while;; and 40 minutes later;; i exited with::

1- one JVC Surround Sound Headphone Adaptor (SU-DH1);; the demo was fweakin awesome!!! you can put it with ANY stereo output and make ANY headphones soound like 5.1 surround sound!!!!!! ($130.00) usd

2. one Fender Mini Tone-Master amp--teenie little toyish thinggy - ($34.00) usd

3. one Pioneer DVJ-1000 DVD DJ turntable that does audio and VIDEO TRICKS;;

it was everything on sale day PLUS no tax in MASS for two days!!!! ($2,500.00) usd..!!

oh,, did i say i retired from DJ'ing;;yes;; this is for my DVD studio i am putting together;; the perfect mate for my Sima A/V Mixer.. and all the ohter sh*t that will go with it!! i am soooo fweakin excited;; i will stay up all night!!!!

late edit;; oh,, and on da way home i stoped at the Sony Outlet and got one Hi-MD disk $6.99 usd;; they had plenty;; but NO units at all..

(http://www.pioneer.co.uk/images/products/cdplayerdj/pioneer/dvj1000_detailpage.jpg)

(http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/44/106/462/DVJ-1000/index.html)

Edited by rayzray

Just bought a Mvix multimedia player w/ 160 gb hard drive. It has component video outs and optical outs. You don't need a computer to watch/hear your movies/music. I was going to buy a new point and shoot camera but got this instead.

mvix.jpg

Just bought a Mvix multimedia player w/ 160 gb hard drive. It has component video outs and optical outs. You don't need a computer to watch/hear your movies/music. I was going to buy a new point and shoot camera but got this instead.

mvix.jpg

nice;; is that for a business; (like a studio-or something);; or personal use;; or both.. that would look nice in my new dvd set up;; if only i know what to do with it now;; at least my grandkids are impressed..

It can be used for business or personal use I guess. This will be for personal use. What I like is that I can upgrade the capacity at any time by purchasing a larger hard drive. It does not have HDMI output but that does not matter to me and there is a model that does include it for those who need that.

Here is a view of the back side:

mvix2.jpg

Just got back fom Vegas with a new HP Pavillion A1337c puter, old one died the day before we left. with an extra gig'o'memory came to about $450.00 USD, my last IBM on the island was $1700 CI about 2000 US, of course the HP was just the puter, keyboard and mouse, no monitor or speakers, got lots of those. Came with Vista home premium, POS wouldn't even fire up first time I set it up, came to a dialogue box saying because of incorrect shutdown during initialization would have to resume installation. Had to reformat it, almost burned it. What a POS Vista is, will try it for a while.

TTFN

Bob

BTW, no MD in lost wages

Just bought some tickets to see Sonny Rollins live in November.

i didn't know he was still alive;; but i love my vinyl LPs i have of him;; doesn't he like to play on bridges??

just bought a fake aquarium with fake fish with a purple casing for my studio ($4.99) USD..

Edited by rayzray