What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----->whatsleftofj : What will you study ?

I just bought a new bag for my DSLR as my collection of lenses is going to grow up with the very soon arrival of my first L.... :rolleyes:

I found a Dakine Mission Photo with a special pocket for DSLRs and lenses for 55 euros on internet.

6fh93yu.jpg

The backbag

4xy0utx.jpg

and the camera block

Furthermore, as it's a snowboard bag I will be able to use it during my futur snow-trip... :D

Edited by Pastagaman

just bought another 5 DVD-Rams;; so i have approx 70 plus DVD-Rams to record on my 22 Pana DVD recorders plus yesterday i bought another 100 DVD-R blanks;; i can't fit them in da closet anymore!!

i can put about 200 behind da towels under the bathroom sink - unnoticed.. but would the steam in da Bathroom hurt them??

Edited by rayzray

just bought a controller and a connecting chord for a Playstation 2 game my piano student (8 yr old boy) gave me !!!! i can't get the stupid game to play !!

i can get ANY 4 year old kid off the street or one of my grandkids that's 4 years old at least to show me;; can't i??!!

i want to drive that sweaking car sooooo bad!!

Edited by rayzray

Didn't actuall buy, but helped a friend move today, saw a Sony CD player and some speakers, she didn't want to take them, said the CD player didn'e work. Took em to the shop, hhoked it up, connecting cable was knackered. Cd player is an old Sony CDP X339ES, Plays CD's my other player won't touch, weighs about 25 pounds, don't make em like that any more.

Speakers are Powered Fishers,, STA 226 L, not a bad sounding speaker, beats the little puter speakers I was using, now to find my cord to use MD's on it, I do like days like this

Bob

Didn't actuall buy, but helped a friend move today, saw a Sony CD player and some speakers, she didn't want to take them, said the CD player didn'e work. Took em to the shop, hhoked it up, connecting cable was knackered. Cd player is an old Sony CDP X339ES, Plays CD's my other player won't touch, weighs about 25 pounds, don't make em like that any more.

Speakers are Powered Fishers,, STA 226 L, not a bad sounding speaker, beats the little puter speakers I was using, now to find my cord to use MD's on it, I do like days like this

Bob

Don't you love it? :D

Nice score!

one of my student's parents just got this and it makes NOISE;; i said it was Dead;;

they are giving it to me;; i did offer to buy it for $20..

( a105b.jpg)

a105b.jpg

i supposed to pick it up today;; LOL:: "Pick-It-Up"

it MAY only need oiling;; but the KIDS were playing it for days;; may have ruined it..

i will either::

1.. try to oil it and fix it;;

2.. take it apart and SEE How hammonds worked (i kinda know how - but cant's resist taking things apart)..

3.. Give it to someone who can have it fixed and use it (like my Brother-in-Law)

4.. put it out with the garbage and watch them TRY to put it in the Garbage truck..

Edited by rayzray

one of my student's parents just got this and it makes NOISE;; i said it was Dead;;

they are giving it to me;; i did offer to buy it for $20..

( a105b.jpg)

a105b.jpg

i supposed to pick it up today;; LOL:: "Pick-It-Up"

it MAY only need oiling;; but the KIDS were playing it for days;; may have ruined it..

i will either::

1.. try to oil it and fix it;;

2.. take it apart and SEE How hammonds worked (i kinda know how - but cant's resist taking things apart)..

3.. Give it to someone who can have it fixed and use it (like my Brother-in-Law)

4.. put it out with the garbage and watch them TRY to put it in the Garbage truck..

that is beautiful, hope you can get it working, wow, hope you can get some help to get it to your place,

Good one

Bob

bought the "Scene It??" DVD Movie Game ((on sale for $21 at Wal-Mart)) ;; NOT for the Game itself but for all the "Movie Clips" it must have that i can use as backgrounds and layers in my DVD Video Quest to conquor the world in 80 clips (how the heck do u spell conquor?? is there a movie in this box with that word in it??

ok;; i MAY let the family and grandkids play the game if i am the ONLY one to "touch" the discs!!

LATE EDIT]] i brought it back - they were STILL pics - sucks - i wanted moving pics like the name of the game implied - denied - fried and hide it in the racks for half price day

Edited by rayzray

i've been to Guitar Center twice to buy this and i chicken out - the sales ppl just take too long to approach me - and i walk away -

too bad it don't have an optical out - that's the only worry i have - or-

should i have another worry -

it is battery operated to record amywhers with the build in mics -

(top_M.jpg)

i've been to Guitar Center twice to buy this and i chicken out - the sales ppl just take too long to approach me - and i walk away -

too bad it don't have an optical out - that's the only worry i have - or-

should i have another worry -

it is battery operated to record amywhers with the build in mics -

(top_M.jpg)

Ray , I have one of those , For line input recording, or guitar direct , it is a pretty cool musical sketch pad, th Mics , and mic inputs are a little noisy

and getting your stuff into the computer , is a several step process , You Really have to sit down with the manual , go to Rolands site and get the PDF , then it will ease that decision. informed decisions always relieve regrets

One of the cooler features , is the ability to import sounds to the drum pads , You can take wave samples and assign them to each pad , to create a real Marimba , or steel drum , or whatever , set of chinese gongs if you want , all pitch corrected , after you tweak em on the computer ,then import and assign them

so the Drum pads become a playground , pain in the butt to set it up , but lots of fun when its done .

Edited by Guitarfxr

i was searching for some kind of "Graphic" software to add to PC#1 (of 3) so i can add that (layer) to my DVD projects and lo-and be-ho;; i came across this::

"Face Dough" (Metamorphasizing Madness) by Greenstreet Digital ($9.99)

it says i can take any PHOTO OR pHOTOES (or disign i make);;and "distort" them in realtime - animated morphing mayhem..

i will install it tonight (tomorrow morning) that is;; and play with it..

all i want to do is make a "Logo" with some colourful designs and my name and wave it around;;; stretch it fragg it and spagg it;; and such;; and layer that with other graphin images i have (i have tons of them);; even a heard of Meekats..)

Edited by rayzray

I just spent $80 on CuteBox. It is a USB device that will allow you to convert your PC into a TV. Actually, my need for this device is to allow me to import VHS tapes to my laptop as AVI or MPEG2 files.

The goal here is to create DVDs and get rid, once and for all, all the VHS tapes that are taking up too much space.

It comes with decent software and a TV channel surfer remote control (aka the clicker), USB cable and an RCA cable set.

I have not tested as yet.

I will post my results in case anyone is interested. :big_boss:

good day for shopping yesterday - but - the highlite was when my wife MADE me buy a "Tom Tom" GPS on sale for $199.99 USD -

she says that my rants about being a "Life" Boy scout and never getting lost as long as i can see the sun and feel da trees thinggy is wearing out -

she is tired of me NOT getting lost but finding every place she wants to go 2 hours later -

so i gets this thing going and told it to find the way to my daughter's house - which it took the LONG way -

then i went AGAINST it "Commands" to get home - and it took a fit -

as i was turning onto MY street - it was yelling (nagging ) at me to "turn arund" ( it was trying to get me back to my daughter's house so i can go the (RIGHT WAY)!!!!

i also bought 15 Nexlex DVD+DL's and they worked much better than the TOMTOM

I bought some days ago a 2.1 speakers kit (unknow maker : WELLLON) to help my laptop to play my music in a supermarket in Shenyang, laoning District, China.

Aftter 10 mn of bargaining with the help of a piece of paper (I have just begun the chinese lessons) we succeded in having the Kit at 150 yuans each instead of 187 (~15 euros instead of 18)

Plus, we get 4 sort of tea machine (can't find the translation for théière) as the seller find us nice i suppose.

Concerning, the speakers they are quite good and a excelent investment for the price !

I bought some days ago a 2.1 speakers kit (unknow maker : WELLLON) to help my laptop to play my music in a supermarket in Shenyang, laoning District, China.

Aftter 10 mn of bargaining with the help of a piece of paper (I have just begun the chinese lessons) we succeded in having the Kit at 150 yuans each instead of 187 (~15 euros instead of 18)

Plus, we get 4 sort of tea machine (can't find the translation for théière) as the seller find us nice i suppose.

Concerning, the speakers they are quite good and a excelent investment for the price !

You were actually able to NEGOTIATE in Chinese .........THAT is impressive !

Thanks Guitarfxr.

In reality, I only have spoken a few words like the price and we have done the rest with ours hands.

Today we went to a KFC (I can't eat rice every day) near the university and it was a lot more difficult to order that kind of hamburger with french fries and a pepsi etc.

I hope it will become easier with the time.

If someone is interrested, I can upload some photos in a gallery (I have already taken something like 200 photos ).

338390.jpg

ok;; soooo;; i sold my wife's electric piano that i bought her - that she was not using - and bought a Boss BR600 Digital Recorder with built in Rhythm patterns and a set of Drum Pads!!!!

well she has her real piano and MY almost identical piano/keyboard to play on - it was sitting in da closet and i wanted money to buy a bling bling - sing after me -

Rayzray is Cool!!

Edited by rayzray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just gone a bit mad with my bidding on Ebay, now going to have 4 Minidisc players! :o

Got an MZ-R500 coming, an MZ-E309 and E310 on the way, as well as a load of actual disks!

fun isn't it, because of paypals @#$%^^%$#$#@#$ limitations I have to do my ebaying with a friend in the states that comes here fairly often, got some discs coming in a month or so, have also had some luck with NH1's and cameras.

Have fun

Bob

I will have fun! :P

Must stop bidding though before I bankrupt myself lol.

I bet it is a bit frustrating, as I think only people in the UK and US can confirm their paypal accounts/addresses, and some people will only deal with Ebayers with confirmed accounts.

Though some of the players/recorders I've bought will probably need some accessories and I don't think all of them come with everything, though they should all be working.

Think I need to do some selling on Ebay - got a load of mobile phones that need to go!

Edited by Sammyboy

• 2 weeks later...

I had to Get stuff for the House today ( Honey Do list ) and was at Yodobashi Camera , ....Decided to stop on the Audio floor and look around a bit .

I found and listen to Several pairs of Sennheiser Headphones, the PX-100 , PX200 , and some bigger studio phones . I Liked the sound of the PX-200 for portables , just not the fit . So I was looking for some cheap Buds to hold me over ( My old Sony NUDE EX's are in Bad shape) untill I can get some new Phones for out and about .

I never knew about these , but Sennheiser has some sport type phones (Headband /in ear Like the Old Sony phones that came with everything before the R700.)

PX-10 is the model

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_e...le/PX_10_GB.pdf

There is the link to the PDF , And if you have even a remotely symetrical facial structure ( ears and everything even) you will forget these are on you.

And they sound REALLLLY good ( I Do NOT have the pleasure of having Symetrical structure so I am constantly repositioning the right side)

The Sound is amazing for a Cheap set of phones , Everybody , just go get a pair of these for the fact that they are Sennheiser , and They ARE CHEAP!!!!!!!

2,900 yen