What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@guitarfxr - under Vista you can use the readyboost feature to allocate part of the express card to be used for caching memory - kind of like a an additional paging file but it should be a little quicker as it's solid state - although they do say the results are less visible if you have 2GB of physical memory in the first place.

@oz - the picture is pretty much life size. The express card standards are usually fitted on newer laptops in place of PCMCIA.

I bought (for my birthday) a Canon BG-E3 Grip for my 350D for 1100 Kuais ~110 euros with an additional battery.

That was strange, I've tried 3 shops in a big mall and the 3 shops told me a different price for the same products : 155 euros for the first one, 110 for the second and 100 for the third...

8eggti1.jpg

So for the grip, ça c'est fait , next step, the 17-40 f/4 L :D

Edited by Pastagaman

@guitarfxr - under Vista you can use the readyboost feature to allocate part of the express card to be used for caching memory - kind of like a an additional paging file but it should be a little quicker as it's solid state - although they do say the results are less visible if you have 2GB of physical memory in the first place.

Just the Idea of a Laptop with 8gigs of Hispeed RAM , and a 2 gig internal buffer , gets me a little exited ,Redirect to Video card and ..... 3D graphics will never be the same

I doubt it would make any different to a GFX performance. The GPU is more important. Maybe I missunderstand what you meant though.

richyhu did you notice much difference and how much ram do you have?

As I said you can't allocate as physical memory - only use it for Readyboost to act as a supplementary paging file. I allocated 4GB of the 8GB card for readyboost - haven't noticed much difference yet as I already have 2GB of physical RAM in the laptop.

Well , I broke down , and got Podded ...... yeah I know , POD that hated word , but it isnt your normal POD , ........You could call it an iPod , but that wouldnt be fair , or maybe a GPod , but that is to close to G String , and then people who dont know your talking about a guitar think your a perv , or you could called a PPod but that might be mistaken for a Garden issue , they called it a "Pocket Pod " ..... that just leaves open to many targets ... " Is that a POD in your Pocket or are you just happy to see me ?" Well if I had this POD in my pocket it would definately LOOK like I was happy to see you .!!! But I think this type of POD was actually before the iPod ....... so without PRODDING you anymore about my POD , ....... I will just show it to you ........(hehehehe I am gonna show my POD )

http://line6.com/pocketpod/photogallery.html

Congrats! The JE480 is a nice deck and I wish you well with it.

I am going to bring mine from home (where it is doing nothing at the moment) to work, where it can replace my MZ-R500 portable, which I'd rather use for travel and so forth. Only problem was that the 480 lacks a headphone jack. So...a little while ago I bought, on ebay, an Optimus SA-155 Mini Stereo Amplifier, to which I can attach the 480. So that's the latest thing I bought!

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a new PDA - was waiting for quite a while for the UK OS version to actually come out in Holland but it arrived today so picked up the HTC Touch Dual with HSDPA & Windows Mobile 6.

htctouchdual_141x228.jpg

Also from Amazon arrived the new Coltrane Box set Interplay (following on from last year's Fearless Leader).

coltraneinterplay.jpg

And finally 5 x 5 packs of TDK Clef discs.

Life is good :)

I have just bought a Black RH1 from the website "2x moins cher" (~"2x cheaper") for 240 euros...

It will get it when I will come back in France by the end of January....

I guess I'll soon post a reply on the Topic "who owns the RH1"...

I can't wait to get it in my hands

[ departure : D-27 ]

87da3b6.jpg

Edited by Pastagaman

• 2 weeks later...

Visited a Different Hardoff today , had permission from the wife that if I found anything irrefutable , that I could get it .

Came home with

#1 : A Black , Les Paul Studio 1993 with a partially broken headstock , for 35,000 yen ( warranty card was in the case )

#2 : A Sony MZ-R910 , Blue , in pretty good shape , missing Power supply and cradle , but has remote , phones, case. 1,890 yen .(and YES it works!!!!)

#3 : A Sony MZ-E800 Player , with cradle , power supply ,Remote etc , 2,520 yen . It works perfectly .

MZ-R910_L_01_low.jpg

sony_mze800.jpg

My Les Paul looks just like this one , same year

LPstudio06blk2F.JPG

Not a bad day , I will have the Paul fixed in no time , easy repair .

Just got back from Cuba, got some CD's, New Los Van Van, and a girl named Luiba, as well as and onldie but goodie, Legend my Bob Marley, as well as two pairs of glasses for $80.00 and some major dental work and a lower denture for $60.00, that paid for my trip in itself.

NH1 gave random read errors, so I didn't get as much recording as I wanted.

Also, probably the wierdest thing was a copy of a cheap russian watch for $12.00, quartz movement instead of windup, who would of thought of copying russian watches, is nothing sacred!!!

Bob

Just got back from Cuba, got some CD's, New Los Van Van, and a girl named Luiba, as well as and onldie but goodie, Legend my Bob Marley, as well as two pairs of glasses for $80.00 and some major dental work and a lower denture for $60.00, that paid for my trip in itself.

NH1 gave random read errors, so I didn't get as much recording as I wanted.

Also, probably the wierdest thing was a copy of a cheap russian watch for $12.00, quartz movement instead of windup, who would of thought of copying russian watches, is nothing sacred!!!

Bob

What! No cigars?

How was the food?

I just hope that one of these days normal relationships resume between Cuba and the U.S.!

What! No cigars?

How was the food?

I just hope that one of these days normal relationships resume between Cuba and the U.S.!

Actually a box pf Montecristo 4"s and a bottle of rum for a friend. Food was fabulous, mythi is they are starving and people can't afford anything but gristle and rice, definitely nor true. You can get a meal from a couple of bucks to skies the limit. If you're adventurous ( which I was) you can use national currency instead of convertible pesos and eat in the real cuban cafe's for a price of 20 to 50 pesos,( about $1.00 to $2.50)

Hopefully soon the US will change policy, but I don't see wholesale changes even if they do. The only downside to a mass opening is the prices will go way up

Bob

Just bought a MZ-RH1/M200 for 300 USD w/ 3-year warranty.

Two months earlier, I spent about 600 USD building a computer with extremely reasonably priced hardware that should last me the next few years. That, and the steady amount of 60/74/80min minidiscs being "liquidated" from stores that no longer wanted to carry them.

;)

My first HiMD unit, on sale at WOW Sight and Sound, for $39 Australian!! Now if only I can find an MZRH1 for $99... :lol:

And some 1GB discs - no one in Brisbane seems to have any :lol:

If you can find that $99.00 unit get me one too!!

Welcome to the machine

Bob

:yahoo: Recently purchased a Samsung PS42Q97HDX 42" plasma TV :yahoo::sorry: oh, and also a Sony Bravia KDL26U3000 26" LCD TV :sorry: Stay away from the "U" series, I'm sending mine back.

Just brought this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AI3X2

To go with this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AI3WU

Eventually I'll replace my amp, Turn table, & cassette recorder, and purchase a RH1

Nice bit of kit you got your self there Old Skool :good:

Edited by ANGRYBADGER

:yahoo: Recently purchased a Samsung PS42Q97HDX 42" plasma TV :yahoo::sorry: oh, and also a Sony Bravia KDL26U3000 26" LCD TV :sorry: Stay away from the "U" series, I'm sending mine back.

Nice bit of kit you got your self there Old Skool :good:

Thank you. What was wrong with the 'U' series?

Edited by Old Skool D

Yes it seems to be one of the few lost world of the Minidisc still present on earth.....

Erf I'm China for the year, I'll never be so close of Honk-Kong for a while after that....I have to go to these places !

Thanks for the links ! I will contact him soon.

[Humm: Seems that your post have been deleted ?...]

Edited by Pastagaman

• 3 weeks later...

Just rescued a Kenwood DMC K7R from the junk bin at Hardoff , 2,000 yen , works perfectly ,Battery is dead , not a scratch on it .

It looks exactly like this one ...... same color, and condition

kenwood_dmck7r_side.jpg

At the moment : recording from optical out of the Macbook Pro , also powered BY the Macbook USB out via a USB to DC cable designed for Sony PSP.

Update: 25:45 seconds off recording using and OLD off name delapidated disc ,............. TOC wrote clean , and Playing back now .

Quite good sound quality , Bass Off , Yamaha RH-5Ma headphones , very clean .

Edited by Guitarfxr

I have just bought a new lens....A Tamron 17-50 f/2,8 on ebay from Hong-Kong for only ~270 euros.

I have hesitated a lot with the Canon 17-40L but it has just an aperture of 4 and the Canon 17-55f/2,8 but it is three time more expensive than the tamron....

I hope i'll receive it before going to Grenada, Spain at the end of the next week.

b483830a-0286-46f5-8c0f-5c69c9758e5a.jpg