What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

What will be my Next purchase as soon as it gets to Japan

http://www.tascam.com/products/dp-004;9,16,3707,14.html

I am not really concerned about the quality( based on a Previous Tascam experience) as much as its function , 4 Tracks , SD card , simple and quick idea catcher USB 2.0

If Tascam incorperated stuff that was discussed in the DR1 issues , then maybe the Mics will sound a little better , and the Inputs will be better . INPUT 2 of the DR1 was quite usable , so maybe that is what they did with this . 23,800 yen . out next month .

Just right ( If it sounds good that will be a BIG plus )

I've got one on pre-order, but sadly they don't hit the UK until mid-December. Hopefully it'll be as easy to use as my old Tascam cassette-based 4 track (judging by the manual it should be). Never really got to grips with the Boss Micro BR and its fiddly controls, feature-packed though it is.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one on pre-order, but sadly they don't hit the UK until mid-December. Hopefully it'll be as easy to use as my old Tascam cassette-based 4 track (judging by the manual it should be). Never really got to grips with the Boss Micro BR and its fiddly controls, feature-packed though it is.

Right on !!

hmmm , whoa heavy thought , That means if we wanted to exchange ideas , we could just Mail the SD cards to each other straight from the machine , load up the song , add the part needed , and mail it back ...........

So what instruments do you play again ????? :whistle3:

A friend is leaving the island, got a Denon PMA 700V amp preamp,

A Denon TV 450 tuner, and a Luxman

G100 equalizer for $100.00, no room for it at home, 3 weeks till power at the shop, should hook up nice to the Sony cd and Fisher speakers I got earlier this year.

Sorry no pictures!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

My Next Purchase as soon as I get the money

http://www.akg.com/personal/K_420,pcatid,6...,_psmand,1.html

image_Imag48982c3cde2bf.jpg

3D-Axis² (folding mechanism)

Frequency range (Hz-kHz) 13-27

Input impedance (ohms) 32

Sensitivity (dB SPL/V) 125

Color Denim

Headphones weight without cable (g) 105

Max. input power (mW) 30

99.99% oxygen-free cable (length in m) 1,0

Semi-open, dynamic headphones

Suited for (SA)CD, DVD(A), DAT

Best for MP3, CD, MD and PC/laptops

Edited by Guitarfxr

I recently bought an MZ-N510, 30 Maxell 74 MDs, an MZ-NE410, 10 Sony Premium MDs, 10 Music Jack MDs, and an MZ-NH600D HiMD player. The NH600D and NE410 and 20 MDs are still in the mail :(

I felt as though I needed some more MD equipment before it becomes extremely hard to get.

Edited by brian10161

I got a MZ-R55 with: wall charger, remote, battery pack, optical cable, P.O.S.'phones (the kind your receive in the plane), manual, original ticket from Japan and 5 MD.

(celine dion > ERASE DISK? > ENTER)

the whole thing for $15.

but the battery is dead <_<

That is because you didnt get it from me ! ..... My stuff works .

well... it works... except the battery. ;)

it's one of those gumstick NH-14WM

is there a way to charge it ?

it doesn't last 3minutes.

first try this , Go to Radio Shack , or an electronics place and buy a small spray can of "Deoxit 5 " , then , Spray some on the end of a stiff Q-Tip , and rub the battery contacts inside the MD , ( Inside Terminal as well as the Lid terminal , ) then dry them with the other end that has not been sprayed , ( you might have to do this a couple times .

Let that dry very well .. then try charging the battery again ( if it doesnt charge this time , it is probably the battery in which case you will need a new battery )

first try this , Go to Radio Shack , or an electronics place and buy a small spray can of "Deoxit 5 " , then , Spray some on the end of a stiff Q-Tip , and rub the battery contacts inside the MD , ( Inside Terminal as well as the Lid terminal , ) then dry them with the other end that has not been sprayed , ( you might have to do this a couple times .

Let that dry very well .. then try charging the battery again ( if it doesnt charge this time , it is probably the battery in which case you will need a new battery )

thanks alot, but I already cleaned the contacts. In fact, the one in the lid was green !

but the player works for a minute or so just with the battery, so I guess the battery itself is dead (or at least very old!).

my question would be, is there a way to "ZAP" the battery ? to give it some juice...

I could use the battery pack, but you know, it's kinda big ... <_<

thanks alot, but I already cleaned the contacts. In fact, the one in the lid was green !

but the player works for a minute or so just with the battery, so I guess the battery itself is dead (or at least very old!).

my question would be, is there a way to "ZAP" the battery ? to give it some juice...

I could use the battery pack, but you know, it's kinda big ... <_<

If it was Green that means you had leakage , and it is quite possible that some of the leakage is inside on the circuit board . but , PM me with your email ( dont paste it here )

and we will see about getting you a battery

Didn't actually buy it, but last week a friend who was moving gave me a great chair, after getting it home and digging a little deeper on it, I found he gave me a Homedics Astrorecliner massage chair, spent a couple of hours in it yesterday, what a cool way to relieve your tensions

Bob

Walking out the soreness in my back ( injured it again this week ) what the Japanese call gikurigoshi ( translated as , That hurt like >>>> you fill in the blank )

Made it to Hardoff , and there was in the Junk section , a Denon DMD800 MD deck ... In pristine condition ( JUNK?????) missing the remote , owners manual , accessories .

3,100 yen

Listening to Alan Parson Project on it now

Black one ( I need the Remote if anyone wants to help , there is a Place in the UK that sells the remote for it )

http://denon.jp/products/DMD800_2.html

DMD800K.gif

Walking out the soreness in my back ( injured it again this week ) what the Japanese call gikurigoshi ( translated as , That hurt like >>>> you fill in the blank )

Made it to Hardoff , and there was in the Junk section , a Denon DMD800 MD deck ... In pristine condition ( JUNK?????) missing the remote , owners manual , accessories .

3,100 yen

Listening to Alan Parson Project on it now

Black one ( I need the Remote if anyone wants to help , there is a Place in the UK that sells the remote for it )

http://denon.jp/products/DMD800_2.html

DMD800K.gif

You Lucky dog, that would look sooooo good with my Denon power amp and tuner!!!

Keep finding the good ones,

Bob

A new Fastrack watch (an Indian brand from the Tata Group), seen hanging out here with my new specs.

DSC00517.JPG

Very nice watch, are they available out of India, will have to dig deeper on the site.

Bob

So lets make this official here on the MDCF: it is now mine, and has been spinning vinyls since I received it ^_^ !

Many, many thanks for your help in obtaining this rare turntable for me, TC!

I played some 78rpm's yesterday evening, awesome! 70 years old gems :o ...

This turntable is built like a tank -_- ; the legendary SL-1200 quality B) ... I am so happy!

That is beautiful, really miss my Revox, and records!!

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a near new Mz-E10 (Near new because the box was opened, the player it self was never used)

The amazing thing was that the guy we sold it did not know how what it was and in the end sold it for... drum roll... 40 usd. (Incl 5 new md discs + spare remote.)

I love garage sales.

I just bought a new Sony NV-U44 (basic GPS). Got it for only $100 new, so I cannot complain.

Also, I picked up a Sony ICD-U70 voice recorder / mp3 player. So far I am quite dissapointed with it, as it will not hold a candle to the NW-E series players in any way (as I expected it to). In HQ mode it only records in 19 kbps...and even has two lesser modes (what's the point). It also feels clunky, and when playing MP3, if you stop and restart, it starts the track over...quite annoying with podcasts. Even worse the display never shows anything except track number / time. One good thing about it however, is that it supports drop and drag under windows for MP3. Interestingly, it has no ATRAC support.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Bob - Let me know how the experience goes - I am seriously considering picking up an RH1 from MDC myself.

So far it has been relativelively painless, Visa card is a little lighter, they had my credit card and address info from 4 years ago, was shipped on Monday, two progress reports from Canada post, and several e-mails from their agent, must be lucky I guess, will let you know when it arrives.

Bob

So far it has been relativelively painless, Visa card is a little lighter, they had my credit card and address info from 4 years ago, was shipped on Monday, two progress reports from Canada post, and several e-mails from their agent, must be lucky I guess, will let you know when it arrives.

Bob

I had put off getting an RH1 since it came out, but wanted one. But I finally broke down and bought my M200 early in 08'...and have not regretted it one bit. It is basically a way to bridge the gap between SP-MD and computer file storage...even if not a true link to the mainstream.