What have you just bought?

Rate this topic

mercury_in_flames

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my new puter to replace my paperweight!, should be close to being back regular after I get it set up etc. It's a ACER Aspire , 2.9 GHZ 3 gig ram, 320 HD, but I'll be putting in the HD from old puter, hopefully it works!

Bob

Just snickered up and bought myself an Apple Universal Dock. To my amazement, it comes with a remote and several docking adapters for other Apple products. Now it's sitting snuggly next to my EH70..

Poor RH1.. wish you had a dock as well..

I am trying to design one , Just have to get the time , and all these other projects off my shoulders ( the "Honey Do" list )

She doesnt even say "Honey " ......................... :wacko:

Got any design ideas?

I was somewhat thinking of a dock that could hook into not only the USB port but the mic, line-in, and optical..

That'd be sweet. :)

Well I was going to start off simple , A Walnut or Rosewood Stand with a USB connector embedded and the Cable routing hidden in the base . So that you can just drop the RH1 into the Stand and it will be properly supported .

That is easy enough , a little routing , and some Dremel work , then wiring . Just time and energy to do it ..........

3 years I am STILLL working on this house /.............. We could've built a brand new one for less time and the same money . :aggressive:

Well I was going to start off simple , A Walnut or Rosewood Stand with a USB connector embedded and the Cable routing hidden in the base . So that you can just drop the RH1 into the Stand and it will be properly supported .

That is easy enough , a little routing , and some Dremel work , then wiring . Just time and energy to do it ..........

3 years I am STILLL working on this house /.............. We could've built a brand new one for less time and the same money . :aggressive:

TC, a house with a woman in it is never done, in your eyes it can be perfect, but she always finds one little thing to make it better.

good luck, and try to find some time for fun

Bob

TC, a house with a woman in it is never done, in your eyes it can be perfect, but she always finds one little thing to make it better.

Bob

just when i tought our house was all set - my wife dicided to get NEW hardwood floors - it NEVER ends !!

so - i guess i can say i am buying a Hard Wood floor - and gonna put a LOT of holes in it to route all my audio wires through -

Edited by rayzray

Bob

ONE little thing? Hah, that will be the day. ;-)

"This is the most clutter I have ever had to live with." - my wife.

Hardoff today , a Sony MDM-DL1 Deck in perfect shape , Listening to Derek Trucks first CD on it now .

2,000 yen ( 20 dollars )

nice one!

please don't stop the RH1 docking project. I'd buy one! but it would be even better if this thing had line-in and -out like levanel proposes or leaves enough room for cables. maybe make a pit for the 40 remote?! :)

nice one!

please don't stop the RH1 docking project. I'd buy one! but it would be even better if this thing had line-in and -out like levanel proposes or leaves enough room for cables. maybe make a pit for the 40 remote?! :)

Hmmmm , I will have to come up with a pricing guide , Real Rosewood , Macassar Ebony , Walnut , Maple ......... Line in and out huh ? , I gotta start on a blueprint .

Room for the 40 , Like that one ! , Table top stand with a side tray cutout for the remote ........ I can see it now .

Hardoff today , a Sony MDM-DL1 Deck in perfect shape , Listening to Derek Trucks first CD on it now .

2,000 yen ( 20 dollars )

post-124354-0-12186200-1299692663_thumb.

got me drooling on that one, hopefully my financial depression leaves soon so I can send you money, or better yet pay you a surprise visit!

Bob

2,000 yen ( 20 dollars )

post-124354-0-12186200-1299692663_thumb.

I'm "Pumped" over this ------- that would have been a nice add to my 31 MD Decks - well - there ARE a couple of Tennie ones too -

Just Added another Deck , a Denon DMD-M50 with Optical out , and MDLP . Yay ! and It works with the Remote that Wiz sent me ( Your package is almost ready Wiz sending soon . ......)

I sold an Amp that I had gotten from a Music store that needed repair and they didnt want it anymore , I brought it home and it sat for awhile , and wasnt really going to sell it , But A freind had kept asking for it and when I saw the Denon , ........ well ,....... I Sold the AMp to get the Denon !!.

So I am Broke again . But It has already helped me save some recording that was buried on an LP4 disc , using the Optical out to the Other Denon , I rerecorded it in SP Mode ,

So I have my FRENS disc again , no not my Friends disc ,......... F.R.E.N.S. Jazz group that was in Virginia , and some seriously good stuff.

118628712_1.JPG

Here is my mess

post-124354-0-59787600-1299692702_thumb.

Edited by Guitarfxr

Just got a very nice Aiwa cassette recorder-a HS-JX849.

It's got a lot of features and looks quite nice and is nicely made.

Some of its features:

-BBE sound

-Dolby B NR

-a remote control

-PLSS

-auto reverse

-blank skip

-AM/FM radio with upto 12 presets for FM and 6 for AM

-4 EQ presets:

Flat, Pop, Rock, Jazz

-can use a PB-S5A rechargable battery or 2 AAA batteries in a external case.

aiwahsjx84901.jpg

aiwahsjx84902.jpg

Edited by A.A. Fussy

Why are you buying up all the cassette recorders and players? And why no minidiscs?

i (rayzray) cannot really answer for him - but - i like to buy a few casssette players/recorders to play the used cassettes i buy so IF the cassette drags and puts a strain on the cassette mechanizm - i would rather ruin a cheap cassette player than my own good cassette players/recorders -

for these little jobs that come up - you know like just goes on - even in the "Old World" of cassetteism -

Edited by rayzray

Why are you buying up all the cassette recorders and players? And why no minidiscs?

I think it's either because many of us were cassette people at some point, or are just hell bent Sony enthusiasts. I am both, and have already picked up 3 AM/FM Cassette Walkman and one Sony component dual cassette deck at yard sales this year. Do I use them? Not really. But I can always pass them on to someone that will appreciate them.

Well, I have buyed a travel blue digipod bag for my nh600 "combat unit". This is:

http://www.cometform.com/acontent%20catalo...2802/138861.php

(Sorry, I don't know how to insert an image not having a web album. I hope moderators don't take this as spam :S)

Its main pocket is perfecto for my nh600, a remote, and a spare md, and the second pocket takes without problem the earphones and a second AA-battery. So in a small package I can take a complet travel system with two HI-MD (even three if you press it a little :P).

The bag feels very well made, it's made from neopren, and the zipped seems good to.

I like it so much that I have buyed a second one for my girlfriend, but not the same, but another almos the twice in width, so she could take a second row of MD (well, she likes to travel well suited :P).

Edit for PD: wow, I liked a lot the cassettes walkman and hi-fi. Sadly, my greeeeeeeeeeat panasonic walkman dies some years ago, and here in Spain there wasn't another good one (everywhere were the damned mp3 grrrr) so I have to go full time to MD (well, not really, my Hi-Fi still have two cassette platines that return to life not few times ;) ).

Edited by Taliesin

Well I didnt buy them but , My wife introduced my to "Disc Union " a Used music shop here in Japan , Man some rarities in there .

Anyway she bought me

Rush : Caress of Steel , and 2112 , in perfect condition

Queensryche : Rage for Order

Triumph : Surveillance

There are many other that will be coming home I assure you .

Disc Union is Cool !!!

Edited by Guitarfxr

Well I didnt buy them but , My wife introduced my to "Disc Union " a Used music shop here is Japan , Man some rarities in there .

Anyway she bought me

Rush : Caress of Steel , and 2112 , in perfect condition

Queensryche : Rage for Order

Triumph : Surveillance

There are many other that will be coming home I assure you .

Disc Union is Cool !!!

HardOff for music? sounds like my kind of store, miss cruising through music shops

Bob

You could say that , it is a Buy/Sell shop ....... very intricate collection in there as well , quite UNLIKE a lot of used music shops I have been in .

Disk Union?

Could you please look for some papersleeves for me???!

Please!??

They are ...

Anekdoten: Vemod, first edition papersleeve. ARC-1001

Anekdoten: From Within, promo papersleeve or first edition with papersleeve. ARC-1049

[Arcangelo (ARC-****) is a label of DiskUnion]

These are the items still missing in my little collection.

Disk Union?

Could you please look for some papersleeves for me???!

Please!??

They are ...

Anekdoten: Vemod, first edition papersleeve. ARC-1001

Anekdoten: From Within, promo papersleeve or first edition with papersleeve. ARC-1049

[Arcangelo (ARC-****) is a label of DiskUnion]

These are the items still missing in my little collection.

I dont know Anecdoten , so what genre would I be looking in Metal / Prog / Fusion ? narrow my search a little

Not specifically a bought item, was talking to a friend here on the island, was doing a cleanup at her house found some of her departed husbands stuff, thought I would like it, said definitely, a 60's era Concord 330 5" reel to reel, she doesn't know if he left any tapes, looks complete other than tapes, mono, but should be fun to play with

Another Sony minidisc AV recorder DCM-M1, brand new (should have posted this in the addiction thread :-)

I love this machine. It is unique ! It edits video tracks like regular minidisc recorders edit sound tracks !!

Sony, please, revive this wonderful technology. I miss a minidisc based AV recorder deck at home, also.

Another Sony minidisc AV recorder DCM-M1, brand new (should have posted this in the addiction thread :-)

I love this machine. It is unique ! It edits video tracks like regular minidisc recorders edit sound tracks !!

Sony, please, revive this wonderful technology. I miss a minidisc based AV recorder deck at home, also.

Please post a link to something about this Philippe.

BTW did you ever try the LP2/4 copying experiment?

If I had a dollar for every time I wished there was something like that. Guess I was out of the loop. Any pics or links?

BTW did you ever try the LP2/4 copying experiment?
Yes I have moved a LP2 track from disc A to disc B on the MDS-W1. The deck is fooled by Sony's trick, which protects SP/MONO machines from emitting random noise when playing LP2 tracks. It sees a silent track (that it would play as silence also) and create a silent copy on disc B. TOC cloning is useless, because there is no sound data at all in the copy.