Some Questions Regarding the RH10

Rate this topic

whatsleftofj

so on ebay i see the really pretty japanese versions... but can you set them to english? i read a couple reviews of people who got the orange one on here, but i didnt really see that listed... it probably goes without saying and i'm a fool for asking, but the remote control w/lcd sounds great, and i kinda want to go with the japanese version. it would be lovely if anyone could list any differences between that and the american versions :D

so on ebay i see the really pretty japanese versions... but can you set them to english?

You can definitely change the operational language of the Japanese RH10 to English. Please follow my instructions outlined in post #10 of my RH10 Blue Pictorial. Review the pictorial for exclusive accessories bundled only for the Japanese domestic market.

Once you know them, they are great, since you don't have to pull the unit out of your pocket.

The japanese rh10 is probably worth it for the backlit LCD. The US version remote is craptastic with an all plastic design and no screen whatsoever.

If you want to avoid the japanese because of the price and get an American RH10, you can buy an aftermarket remote. The very nice RM-MC53EL/SM is available for 34.95+8 shipping here.