Introducing the Holiday Minidisc Trade

Christopher

We're going to try something new this year -- one mass trading event with others in the community before Christmas. The only requirement is that you're a member of the forums; registration is free and takes under a minute. Click for more.+++

Registration is over, thank you for your interest!

Come one come all and join the Minidisc Community MD trade!

Participants are invited to partake in the greatest MD trade that has ever taken place on the boards. Here are some details:

- We will divide you between HiMD (preferably Hi-SP), or regular SP mode on MD if you don't have a Hi-MD unit (please specify).

- We'll randomly select someone for you to trade with (or you can specify someone in your country to save on shipping).

So, you'll make a track list, put it on your MD and send it to your assigned partner -- a week or so later, a random Minidisc with fresh tunes on it for you to listen to will arrive in the mail!

If you are interested, just reply to this thread with answers to the above questions and we'll organize it from there. We'll accept people until Saturday, December 17th 2005. The final details of everyone's trade will be give the day afterwards.

Edited by kurisu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in. SP or 80 min. Hi-SP formatted disc for me. International okay.

Please, I can handle most any music but please, please, no country :wacko: . I may live in Texas but that does not mean much when it comes to my music preferences. :lol:

Edited by KrazyIvan

- We will divide you between HiMD (preferably Hi-SP), or regular SP mode on MD if you don't have a Hi-MD unit (please specify).

- We'll randomly select someone for you to trade with (or you can specify someone in your country to save on shipping).

So, you'll make a track list, put it on your MD and send it to your assigned partner -- a week or so later, a random Minidisc with fresh tunes on it for you to listen to will arrive in the mail!

If you are interested, just reply to this thread with answers to the above questions and we'll organize it from there. We'll accept people until Sunday, December 17th 2005. The final details of everyone's trade will be give the day afterwards.

I love the idea !

Hi-SP or SP for me.

International (I'd like to discover new music from other countries)

One question : We are talking about "live recording" or self-made compilation ?

Hi all,

Count me in, should have my new unit soon, any format is fine for me, my tastes are eclectic, but no rap, hip hop , and limited country.

I have everything from Abba to Zappa, and obviously I have to go international, as I don't think there is anyone else in the Cayman Islands.

ttfn

Bob

HiMD

- Random location sounds most interesting!

We're going to try something new this year -- one mass trading event with others in the community before Christmas. The only requirement is that you're a member of the forums; registration is free and takes under a minute. Click for more.+++

Come one come all and join the Minidisc Community MD trade!

Participants are invited to partake in the greatest MD trade that has ever taken place on the boards. Here are some details:

If you are interested, just reply to this thread with answers to the above questions and we'll organize it from there. We'll accept people until Sunday, December 17th 2005. The final details of everyone's trade will be give the day afterwards.

are we trading new discs or used ones? 74 min or 80 mins sp?

Whar rock do you like geddes?

I like led zep, u2, ac/dc, def leppard, and then stuff like the cardigans, dido, kosheen etc. not really into rap, classical, country, trance, rnb. I would also like to hear some smooth jazz, if you know Sade then I would like to hear some stuff that could be compared to that.

Edited by GregTheRotter

Hi-sp or SP for me is fine too!

I live in Brazil, prefer e-music, specially house music, and international is ok!

Cheers!

Count me in!

Hi-SP or SP for me... international is good as well.. prefer acoustic/classical/folk/rock... but please, no celine dion!! hahaha

Wonderful fun!

Hi-sp or SP for me is fine too!

I live in Brazil, prefer e-music, specially house music, and international is ok!

Cheers!

Count me in!

Hi-SP or SP for me... international is good as well.. prefer acoustic/classical/folk/rock... but please, no celine dion!! hahaha

Wonderful fun!

Good Idea. Please count me in also. International is fine. I would prefer HI-SP.

Maybe someone interested in an international exchange would like a german language compilation (I mean artists from Germany, Austria, Switzerland)? How much time would one have to make such a compilation?

Good Idea. Please count me in also. International is fine. I would prefer HI-SP.

Maybe someone interested in an international exchange would like a german language compilation (I mean artists from Germany, Austria, Switzerland)? How much time would one have to make such a compilation?

I know I would. That music is not common in the music stores here in Rochester, NY.

Valder

nope. phoenix every one has one but it's only visible to mods & yourself. warnings are given for antisocial behavior, spamming etc. & are between the offender & the mods.

you are on 0% so no warnings ... unless you want one? you know, for science.

I live in China and would like to trade in-country, but anywhere is OK.

I would like to trade an 80 minute SP MD straight-to-disk recording of me free-style rapping. Please let me know if interested! I've never free-style rapped before but I really like "The Pretty Toney Album" and think it should be no problem.