Hi-MD Holiday Blowout

Christopher

Minidisco and Minidisc Canada has received a shipment of closeout Sony Hi-MD Bundles at incredible prices in limited quantities -- full details follow. - cgm+++

Specials for Minidisco:

http://www.minidisco.com/himdbundles.html

MZ-NH1 with ECM-DS70P Stereo Microphone, Carry Case, 10-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $279.95

MZ-NH900 with ECM-DS70P Stereo Microphone, Carry Case, 10-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $229.95

MZ-NHF800 with Quick Charger, 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Carry Case, 5-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $179.95

MZ-NH700S with Quick Charger, 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Carry Case, 5-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $149.95

MZ-NH700L with Quick Charger, 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Carry Case, 5-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $149.95

Specials for Minidisc Canada:

MZ-DH10P $335 USD

MZ-NH900 $189 with lots of free stuff!

MZ-NH800 $168

MZ-NH700 $148

Below are deals on DH710, NHF600D and Case Logic cases at more than 50% off:

http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=515

http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=341

http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=44

http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=45

http://www.minidisc-canada.com/shopexd.asp?id=498

Edited by kurisu

This offer means the proximity of new equipments HI-MD on markets or "uncertain future" of the platform?Quote

Who knows whats going on with Sony these days.The offers that are around right now are for the Older HI-MD units so that tells me 2 things that people are not buying them and that Sony are not pushing the sale of MD-Units.I was in Madrid last Weekend and I was in FNAC and they had i-Pods everywhere on display and you couldn´t even find the Sony products.I eventually found the MD´s and they had the old ones.Everywhere now has the Flash Or HDD players.I would love a player like the Minidisc player but takes a memory card like the Playstation 2.I just love the idea of removable media.It´s also imposible to buy Hi-MD discs.I live in Bilbao and there ain´t a single shop that sells them.In Madrid they only had a few...¿Que pasa? what´s going on?

This offer in minidisco sounds expensive to me and not worth taking a look at especially with 94$ delivery charge when Sefu charged less for both Player and Delivery....Cheers Sefu.Now can someone tell me where I can get Hi-MD disc cheap on the net as Sefu ain´t takin´ international orders....I live in Bilbao Spain.

RafikiSpanish...Hola.Estaba en Madrid el fin de semana pasado.Me gusta muchisimo Madrid.Bueno....Hasta luego

Minidisco has received a shipment of closeout Sony Hi-MD Bundles at incredible prices in limited quantities -- full details follow.+++

http://www.minidisco.com/himdbundles.html

MZ-NH1 with ECM-DS70P Stereo Microphone, Carry Case, 10-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $279.95

MZ-NH900 with ECM-DS70P Stereo Microphone, Carry Case, 10-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $229.95

MZ-NHF800 with Quick Charger, 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Carry Case, 5-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $179.95

MZ-NH700S with Quick Charger, 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Carry Case, 5-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $149.95

MZ-NH700L with Quick Charger, 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries, Carry Case, 5-pack of Blank MD's and Bonus CD. $149.95

One comment: The Minidiscs in these bundles are 80 minute (not Hi-MD discs).

This offer means the proximity of new equipments HI-MD on markets or "uncertain future" of the platform?Quote

Who knows whats going on with Sony these days.The offers that are around right now are for the Older HI-MD units so that tells me 2 things that people are not buying them and that Sony are not pushing the sale of MD-Units.I was in Madrid last Weekend and I was in FNAC and they had i-Pods everywhere on display and you couldn´t even find the Sony products.I eventually found the MD´s and they had the old ones.Everywhere now has the Flash Or HDD players.I would love a player like the Minidisc player but takes a memory card like the Playstation 2.I just love the idea of removable media.It´s also imposible to buy Hi-MD discs.I live in Bilbao and there ain´t a single shop that sells them.In Madrid they only had a few...¿Que pasa? what´s going on?

This offer in minidisco sounds expensive to me and not worth taking a look at especially with 94$ delivery charge when Sefu charged less for both Player and Delivery....Cheers Sefu.Now can someone tell me where I can get Hi-MD disc cheap on the net as Sefu ain´t takin´ international orders....I live in Bilbao Spain.

RafikiSpanish...Hola.Estaba en Madrid el fin de semana pasado.Me gusta muchisimo Madrid.Bueno....Hasta luego

Hola BOND!!...Dices que vives en Bilbao, ¿pero eres español?, te lo digo porque podemos crear nosotros nuestro pequeño foro ya que alguien conoce el "cristiano", te lo digo porque yo me veo obligado para escribir en inglés estar pegado al diccionario y es agobiante...

Me extraña que no encuentres Hi-Md en una ciudad como Bilbao, exígelos en tu tienda de Sony, si no hay demanda no habrá oferta...

Abrazos...

If they brought out an HDD deck the I would be hooked. I would even go as far as to say I would adios my deck lol :lol: Well maybe not, but it would certainly take over centre stage. I suppose the problem as always with hdd seperates and any hard drive based audio player is the possibility of it crashing, but hey thats what extended warranties are for :lol: I wish I could buy this, I cant find it anywhere as its now discontinued:(

IPB Image

larger pic

Edited by GregTheRotter

If they brought out an HDD deck the I would be hooked. I would even go as far as to say I would adios my deck lol :lol: Well maybe not, but it would certainly take over centre stage. I suppose the problem as always with hdd seperates and any hard drive based audio player is the possibility of it crashing, but hey thats what extended warranties are for :lol: I wish I could buy this, I cant find it anywhere as its now discontinued:(

IPB Image

larger pic

What about one of these?

[attachmentid=1248]

The CDR-HD1500 has the following Main Features:

Linear PCM 16-Bit/44kHz Recording (No Compression)

24-Bit D/A and A/D Conversions

Audio Master Quality Recording Mode (CD-R only)

CD—HDD—CD Recording Maintains Full Digital Quality

250GB Hard Disk Drive Capacity

Easy, Extensive Editing Possible Before Recording CDs

100 Hours Continuous External Source Recording

High-Speed Ripping (10x Normal Speed)

High-Speed Recording (8x to CD-R, 4x to CD-RW)

Jog Dial for Fast Track Access

On-Screen Display

CD Text Display

Synchronized Recording Mode

Timer Recording Compatibility

Title Input with PC (via RS-232C Interface)

Time Search

Digital and Analogue Recording Level Control

Extensive Inputs and Outputs

Automatic Synchronized Sampling Rate Conversion

Copyright Protection

more info here: http://www.yamaha-uk.com/hifi_components/?product_id=111

post-5220-1135055194_thumb.jpg

So did Minidisco and and MD Canada buy these bundles from Australia? Seems like a bit of a coincidence.

Did anyone else note on the Minidisc Canada page the units have Australian voltage???

... the pricing on Minidisc Canada would suggest that they may have gone to warehouse rather than minidisc.com.au

... The Minidisco ones... look sus but as said, it's prolly just them doing their usualy thing.

... but if this is the reason Tamaritha can't get a NH900, dead within 2 weeks of purchase, exchanged from Sefu, then I would consider it to be at least a bit annoying, especially if Minidisco is getting them to gouge the American market.

What about one of these?

On-Screen Display

CD Text Display

Time Search

Copyright Protection

oh baby

What about one of these?

[attachmentid=1248]

On-Screen Display

CD Text Display

Time Search

Copyright Protection

price :huh: ? 500 pounds eesh :o I dont need another recorder really, just a hard drive for audio playing, but hmm, can you upload what you record to a comp? If you could do that then I would be sold on that yamaha, i wonder if sony had done this lol. If they had a cut down version of that, with only the cd copying to hard disk function, then that would also be pretty good, for my purposes. You would have to able to transfer other file types to the hd for playback of course..

Edited by GregTheRotter

Does anyone know if it is really a possibility to order from Minidisc Australia, if one is not from Australia or N.Z.?

I sent them 2 e-mails stating my desire to purchase an NH1 bundle from them. I acknowledged they were having difficulty with shipping the batteries, so I explicitly stated I would offer them a complete waiver of responsibility, as far as the delivery of the battery. I stated I would only wish for them to try and send the battery by regular mail, and hope for the best.

Most unfortunately, there was absolutely no response. I think that is a little rude.

Has anyone else had a better experience with them? I know a few people had been successful with ordering bundles from them the first week they were offered.

Has Minidisc Australia severed all interest in communicating with buyers without an Australian or N.Z. address?

Sefu, the owner of Minidisc Australia, has been seemingly MIA. He is a great guy though, and I'm sure that there's a reason for it. I imagine that he was not ready for the influx of interest, amongst other things. I will see what I can do.

Thanks for your assistance, Kirisu.The NH1 bundle from Minidisc Australia would only end-up costing about $35 USD more than the NH900 bundle from Minidisc-Canada. I would much rather have the NH1, I think. Especially the preferred remote.

Actually, it might end-up costing a little more from Minidisc Australia. I bought a minidisc from California, and FedEx charged me $25 Brokerage fees; and my taxes were only $8. I hope to find a better way of importing for my next international purchase. I bought a couple of used units from the U.K.. They had been labeled "gift" and sent by Air Mail. I didn't have a problem with those.

Edited by cambridgeman

Yesterday I got an early Christmas present: a Sony MZ-DH10P from Minidisc Canada!

I'm quite happy with it so far. I already have a MZ-NH1 for recording with microphones, so a player-only downloader was most welcome. A great deal of my music collection is in MP3 format (allofmp3.com yay) so not having to convert to ATRAC3plus is a HUGE timesaver.

The DH10P I got was the USA version, not Australian. Made in Malaysia, if anyone was wondering. My NH1 was made in Japan.

Yesterday I got an early Christmas present: a Sony MZ-DH10P from Minidisc Canada!

I'm quite happy with it so far. I already have a MZ-NH1 for recording with microphones, so a player-only downloader was most welcome. A great deal of my music collection is in MP3 format (allofmp3.com yay) so not having to convert to ATRAC3plus is a HUGE timesaver.

The DH10P I got was the USA version, not Australian. Made in Malaysia, if anyone was wondering. My NH1 was made in Japan.

Congrats on the purchase - enjoy the unit. All the DH10P's are made in Malaysia and unfortunately they never made it (together with the rest of the 2nd gen) to Australia. Likewise all the NH1's were made in Japan.

I have been in contact with Sefu and "It's hectic" - they can fill their time with the National sales for now, not really time for this forum or emails, nor opening packages and removing batteries.

Didn't ask about International Sales this time, since I got my units before the "curfiew", but then it was said there were a possibility for resuming International shipping but no guarantee. It has to calm down first before it's time for them to decide, there's also holidays right on the doorstep now.

Hi Sebastianbj,

Get hold of fraesus in the classified section a couple of months back, he has NH1 and 900's from Australia, price and shipping very attractive, ordered one in Dec, should be here any day now.

Good luck,

Bob