Deleting wav files after ATRAC conversion in library

Rate this topic

maggior

Hi -

I recently purchased a mz-rh910 himd minidisc recorder to be able to listen to live music that I've downloaded as bit torrents.

The procedure that I've been following is that I import each concert into the library as wav files and label the album. Once I've imported the albums, I then go into the track view, select all of the tracks that I've imported, and convert them to atrac.

After doing this, each track has 2 versions in the library - an atrac and a wav version. I then have to go through the painful process of deleting the wav file individually through the GUI. Deleting the wav files from the hard drive doesn't work because when I try to copy the files to the minidisc, it complains it can't find the files.

Is there a way to remove the wave file entries without having to go through the pain of editing the options for each individual track?

I've found Sonic Stage to be a bit cumbersome to use, but have been able to get around things except this last item. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I am using SS 3.3 on a PC with XP Home Edition installed.

Thanks!!

Rich Maggio

You can configure the settings in SS to automatically delete the imported files during conversion and just leave you with the optimised files.

Can you tell me where this configuration setting is? I see many settings for when you are importing CDs, but not when importing files on the hard disc.

Thanks for your help!!

Rich

Tools/Options/Transfer/Hi-MD/Transfer Settings/Advanced

No wonder you can't find it!

Thanks for the input - glad to get some assistance on this one.

Yeah, that is buried. Didn't know that menu existed - good to know.

However, this setting is for when you are transfering a file from the library to the minidisc reocrder and a conversion needs to take place. The scenario I am dealing with is I have imported WAV files into the library and I am converting them prior to performing a transfer. I'm doing this to save space on my hard disc and to minimize the time required to transfer to the recorder.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

Rich

I have been going into the specific album and selecting all files. Then choosing 'convert format' to the desired bitrate. This will save an optimized copy to the directory called 'Optimized Files'. I then delete the album from SonicStage, delete the original directory that contains the wav file. Then import from the 'Optimized File' directory.

That is what I have been doing for the few files that I want converted to Atrac.

Hope this helps.

I have been going into the specific album and selecting all files. Then choosing 'convert format' to the desired bitrate. This will save an optimized copy to the directory called 'Optimized Files'. I then delete the album from SonicStage, delete the original directory that contains the wav file. Then import from the 'Optimized File' directory.

That is what I have been doing for the few files that I want converted to Atrac.

Hope this helps.

hmmm...this is an interesting idea, but won't work well in my situation. I am converting files from multiple albums at once to simulate a batch mode. All of the optimized files go into a flat directory structure (i.e. none) in "optimized files", so it is hard to look at them and determine which files go with which album. Doing it an album at a time would be inefficient for me.

Based on the responses, it sounds like there is no way to configure SS 3.3 to do what I want when I convert wav files imported from the hard disc. :( Guess I'll just have to deal with this one last quirk. Could be worse.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rich