40elk Backlight question

Rate this topic

RobA

How do I make the backlight stay on all the time without having to hit a button for it to turn on? I'm using the 600d with it.

I heard that you can upgrade your firmware (using the north american firmware) to make the backlight permanently on, but no idea how to do this without taking it to a engineer. I know this is the case with the RH10 so I would guess the same is true for the 600d.

Hope you all had a good christmas!

the NH900 has this option...but it comes with a backlit remote itself, so it could be logical that models that come without a backlit remote do not offer the option

Doesn't the RH10 in Japan have a backlight remote? Does it offer a menu for backlighting on the remote?

yes, Japan rh10 has the option to keep the remote light on. The steps to do it on the 10 is to press the clickwheel for a few seconds and the menu will say "Edit, Mainplaymode, option". Click option and on next screen scroll down four lines to "backlight". Click it and choose "on". I think TLV is right, the unit has to have a backlit remote as part of it's standard package.

I have used the 'always on'-setting for recording a concert in a dark venue to check levels whenever I wanted without risking to compromise the recording by accidentally pressing the wrong button

later I found out that one click of the scroll-wheel will light up the screen while set on 'auto' without changing levels, but be careful, two clicks changes them!! So it is a bit more risky than 'always on' but better on the battery and also a bit more stealthy

the 'always on' recordings lasted for 6x1hour (so 6 hours :lol: ) in HiSP with fully charged gumstick (1400mAh) and AA add-on (2300mAh)... on the way home (45min) I listened to the recordings and afterwards I still had (quite) some juice left...so perhaps it uses more b-life, but I wasn't really 'limited' by that

when recording longer periods in PCM (which uses more b-power I guess) I have been careful not to use the always on function, better safe than sorry :P

This stinks that it can't just stay on all the time. I just want to glance at it from time to time to see what song is playing at night. Is there atleast a button I can press to see whats playing without changing screens or anything?

• 2 weeks later...