enduromon

Question

• Answers 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I just checked the Sony UK site and it says the X1000 is shipping at the end of May. So I imagine if Sony has the shipping date listed - it must be true!!

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-x-series/nwz-x1060

Now I can start again with my calendar. 26 days and counting... :lol:

dura - the concert will be magnificent!

Yeah, and as they're linked, so has the estimate date changed from "mid/end-May" to "end-May" on our store site - https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyle/MP3-W...o/NWZX1060B.CE7 So last week of May it is then! :D

You can ignore that post. It's not true according to Sony sales. I just called them and was given a definite release date of 19th May. He seemed to know what he was talking about, and he checked both GB warehouses, GB60 (for SonyStyle) and GB20 (for PC World, Comet, etc), and said that they've already got 3400 pre-orders out of 5100 units with another 4000 on order. SonyStyle is due to get it on May 19th and he insisted that no one (unless they ordered it from outside the UK) would be getting it before SonyStyle.

So it looks like it's out next week... or not :lol:

Still, I can count!!

SEVEN DAYS AND COUNTING............

SonyStyle is due to get it on May 19th and he insisted that no one (unless they ordered it from outside the UK) would be getting it before SonyStyle.

AHH, I love Sony Style! That should mean Thursday this week or on the Tuesday we will get it (our delivery days)

We're throwing a Walkman launch party on the day for it too, and I get to own one for free! :D (For demo purposes of course) Still waiting for my Japanese one to arrive... :( *Customs are hunting me*

After all the horrible delays, it's a really nice bonus to hear it's being released a little bit earlier. The difference between 19th May and 31st May is an eternity, so I'm glad I don't have to wait that long :)

And the guy I spoke to is the only Sony person I've ever spoken to that convinced me he knew what he was talking about. He didn't flap around sticking me on hold while he went to ask someone else. He just checked the details for the model number and then gave me all the info, so I believe him. I do!!!!!!!!

Yipee, I will be in London( I live in Ireland) on the 19th and 20th of May. Does this mean I can buy one and get to try out the "Aeroplane NC" on the way home????????????

ShanieAIBO.....Do you expect a rush on these or will there be enough to go around ( during the first few days after launch)?

Yipee, I will be in London( I live in Ireland) on the 19th and 20th of May. Does this mean I can buy one and get to try out the "Aeroplane NC" on the way home????????????

ShanieAIBO.....Do you expect a rush on these or will there be enough to go around ( during the first few days after launch)?

Anthony, the guy I spoke to said there were 1700 left after the 3400 pre-orders had been accounted for, and there were another 4000 on order, so I guess there'll be enough to go round. And it would be amazing if you could get to use it on the way home!

and finally.. its official in the US. with a surprise slacker app thrown in !!!

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665869102

this makes me think.. so with firmware updates, they can add maybe more stuff to it !!

Haha. I was just about to write what you just did. "Pre-sale item available on or about 06/20/2009. We will email you when your product ships." Ahhhh

well canadian press releasae mentioned in may, and only 32gb model, should be interesting how they price it and it is even released in may. and with the prices of the ipod touch here higher than a few months ago, $409 for 32gb model, I wouldn't be surprised if the sony is the same or even more expensive. maybe i'll just buy cell phone instead.

I'm confused now!! Amrit's link above (to us site) mentions the noise cancelling headphones - says MDR-NC20 as the model number ( on features page) Surely that cant be right?? (Those arent earbuds/iems!) Everywhere else mentions "EX" series. Does anyone know the exact model no?

I've got EX90's at home. Love the sound - but they "leak" outside a lot (IMHO) Prefer to use Etymotics or Superfis to be honest. But how much of the "noise cancelling" would be lost if I use other than the supplied? Presumably one has to just leave noise-cancelling off if using anything other than supplied phones??

Regards.

Just contacted my local Sony Cenre in Cork, Ireland. It will be delivered to them on Monday (18th). He ordered 20 of each and was allocated 2 of each. So, time off work on Monday and in to "TRY" for a Sony Touchscreen Walkman. Flying to London on Tuesday for the Chelsea Flower show. Can't wait to try out the NC feature on the plane. I hope all of this is going to go to plan.

I HAVE THE NEW SONY IN MY HANDS!!! :)

Hey all, I just got back from John Lewis and picked up the 32GB model. For some reason they're 'hiding' them behind the counter, and Sony sales just told me it's not in stock yet - even though I have one right here!!!!!!!!!

I'll take better pics later, I'm just going to charge it up first.

It's way smaller and lighter than the Touch!!

sonyx10012.jpg

A bit more!! The dandruff effect that looked pretty gross in the pics doesn't look nearly as bad in real life. It's only on the sides so you can't see it from the front anyway. But it does feel like dry rough old skin, although I'll no doubt get used to it. Oh, and the screen feels like thinck plastic!

You lucky,lucky,lucky person. Was it worth the wait?.....Quickly now!!!!!!!

I've just been charging it for a while, but I'm about to transfer some music over and take a listen! The screen is totally covered in fingerprints already, which makes it bit hard to 'swipe' the screen, so I think I really need a screen protector. My Touch protector is great, never gets greasy and is very swipable :lol:

Very very jealous Juli!! Guess John Lewis is due a visit (though I cant get there till tomorrow)

Coincidently I emailed my usual Sony shop (ASK Electronics on Tottenham Court Road) this morning to ask (sorry!) if they were getting/had got any. AMAZINGLY they replied saying " been in touch with our supplier and been told not for 2 months"!!!!!! Maybe they arent included in this first "wave" ( is it just John Lewis and Sonystyle perhaps?)

Hope to see your initial thoughts soon.

Regards.

Anthony, the A808 is more classy looking, I agree, it's really one of a kind. Still haven't come across a Sony dap that looked or felt better than the A808! Okay, so my really initial impressions are that the ZX is more powerful than the A808 and the Touch 2G, it has a lot more authority. Whether that's good or not, I don't know yet, 'cos I've only tested 2 tracks with each dap. But whichever website (was it Geek?) said it was cold and digital sounding, well, that's not what I'm hearing at all. It's warm, warmer than the A808 and the Touch. But I need to listen for longer to get more of a feel for the sound. One thing's for sure, it doesn't really sound like any other Sony I've heard. And by that, I mean it would be easy to identify it as a newcomer :)

Shirley, I don't know why I'm not surprised at your Sony info. They still don't have a clue what's going on. There is no first wave. The liar at Sony sales said both warehouses would send stock out on the same day, the 19th. Oh, and the Sony isn't on the shelves in John Lewis, go up to the 5th floor and then go to the main counter on the left. They're hiding the boxes behind there!

I had mine for almost a week now, and really, this thing need some burn in before you can really feel how great this DAP is.

Okay, I think it's about time I should clean some information up regarding to X-series stock...

The UK has been allocated with apporx. 2,800 units that have come directly from Japan to the UK - hence the low allocation. Only 350 of those units have been split between the top Sony Centre stores (mind you, there are around 140 Sony Centre stores, so that's not much at all) and John Lewis Oxford Street store got 100 units for them alone and another 100 or so have gone to their online store.

The rest went to SonyStyle.co.uk; all pre-orders have been filled on there and now showing both the 16GB and 32GB models out of stock. Link: https://www.sonystyle.co.uk/SonyStyle/MP3-W...o/NWZX1060B.CE7 it was seriously a first-come-first serve basis.

The OFFICIAL UK launch of the X-series was this Monday (11th!), believe it or not! Sony UK expects to get around 15,000 units in the upcoming weeks when the European dispatch comes in. At the moment the small about that is on sale was sent directly from Japan, which doesn't normally happen, but i'm guessing Sony wanted to release it faster than they wanted. I forgot to add; next Tuesday...We are getting only THREE X-series for our store. :( (Unfair!) And all will be for demo purposes too, seeing as 3 is not really worth sell all, it’s better to at least have some to show to people who are interested in it...

So, it seems to be of high interest and seems to be selling well. Hail to X-series!

Oh and big congrats to Juli for owning one of the first UK model X-series! :D

Anthony, the A808 is more classy looking, I agree, it's really one of a kind. Still haven't come across a Sony dap that looked or felt better than the A808! Okay, so my really initial impressions are that the ZX is more powerful than the A808 and the Touch 2G, it has a lot more authority. Whether that's good or not, I don't know yet, 'cos I've only tested 2 tracks with each dap. But whichever website (was it Geek?) said it was cold and digital sounding, well, that's not what I'm hearing at all. It's warm, warmer than the A808 and the Touch. But I need to listen for longer to get more of a feel for the sound. One thing's for sure, it doesn't really sound like any other Sony I've heard. And by that, I mean it would be easy to identify it as a newcomer :)

Shirley, I don't know why I'm not surprised at your Sony info. They still don't have a clue what's going on. There is no first wave. The liar at Sony sales said both warehouses would send stock out on the same day, the 19th. Oh, and the Sony isn't on the shelves in John Lewis, go up to the 5th floor and then go to the main counter on the left. They're hiding the boxes behind there!

Juli, do you remember some time back we discussed the "ability to record from a Bravia TV" on the X-series? This was promoted as a feature somewhere. Do you have any info on this feature based on the fact that you have one in your hands?, or do we need the VRC NW10 cradle( available from AMP for about