What's the weather like...

Rate this topic

zerodB

Ok, insane thread, i know... but it's sooooo HOT right now. 39 at the moment and it's predicted to go up all the way to 42 (107.6 Fahrenheit) tomorrow. It makes life rather uncomfortable round here... I think i'm just gonna go to the beach somewhere and refuse to come out of the water until it cools down to tolerable temperatures.

Edited by zerodB

We've been getting snow here in Vermont, but yesterday we had rain. It froze on the road overnight causing people to drive reeeeally sssslllloooooooowwwwww on my way to work this morning. People were unnecessarily driving half the speed limit. These people live here...don't they know how to drive in the stuff by now? :-þ So, yeah...the weather and traffic conditions here are currently not too pleasant.

at the moment it's freeeezing (well at least it's too cold to go outside in my opinion) here (Belgium) ... and I believe there's a big cloud-front full of snow/ice etc coming this way from France :lol:

should be warmer tomorrow (according to the predictions) so it'll turn into rain as usual

actually just started snowing... +/-10cm already... kinda fun, absolutely noone driving around so it was very relaxed and easy to do the shopping for tomorrow, while other years it's really hectic and overly crowded :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Unusually warm for this time of year (at least by midwest standards). It's been getting up to 4 or 5C the past few weeks, while the "average" high this time of year should be around -2, with lows around -11C. Not bad, considering how cold it was in December - one night actually got down to -28C!

so you took that with the dh10p? nice

yeah, it's proven quite versatile, but the camera function & LCD really kills the Li-ion :punish:

( Downtown Los Angeles / Little Toyko District )

IPB Image

Hi-MD PHOTO

Edited by Jacques

Ahahah. Well I was lucky enough to be overseas in Paris (Snowing every day) over new years, while back in Sydney they had the hottest recorded temperature or something - 45 degrees celcius!!!!

Right now though in Sydney the weather has been extremely random. Cloudy, looks like rain, sunny. Yesterday the high was 29, and at 8pm, it was 28! :P

Right now though, at 10:21 am it is 27 degrees celcius, and aparently we are going to have thunder storms (thanks to my Samurize BOM Weather program :D), but it don't look like that right now.

One of our largest department stores said that over the Christmas/New year time period, they ran out of every air conditioner unit they had, all they had left was window display units left!

• 2 weeks later...

on a week day sure, very busy on a weekend. it's a brilliant drive in a fast car or a charming drive for those inclined to stop at scenic points.

the best beaches in victoria imo although the water's allways cold, comes straight of the antartic.

http://www.greatoceanrd.org.au/highlights/beaches/

Was down on a beach camping near the great ocean road myself for new years eve, It was a hot 37C... until a monsoon came in pretty heavily at about 9 am. All our camp gear got soaked through... but the rain was great for clearing our hangovers at least. We followed the storms back to Melbourne, where it continued to pelt down for the rest of the day. (As luck would have it, it was fine weather the next day!) That's the weather for you in this neck of the woods - sometimes unpredictable, to say the least. But the beach was really beautiful, definatley worth the extremes of climate, even if I was only down there for a night.

And now the weather is sooo hot again - I don't think it got below 27C the other night - far too hot to sleep comfortably. It's somewhat cooler now, but the mercury's tipped to go back up to 40 again on thursday!

Wind Advisory - URGENT - Weather message has been issued for Los Angeles County coasts including Downtown Los Angeles

:fool: 50mph winds today, out of nowhere!

Been dodging palm fronds and felled trees on the roads! First encountered this tree headed N/B, was blocking both lanes. Apparently made its way to the median when I headed back S/B thru Pasadena. Was able to snap a quick pic from my car.

IPB Image

:shok:

IPB Image

Hi-MD PHOTO

Edited by Jacques

• 4 weeks later...

Sascatuwan, Canada...

Supprisingly warm! Its been colder in england for once!!!

Its been hovering about 0 all winter and now winters just ending its dropping to -16 where I am...

Yeiks! I'll better stay out of the wind... - Windchill -25 AHHHH

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/c...es/CASK0281.htm

Edited by danielbb90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Full spectrum weather today, violent rain/hail all AM, (near death at 85MPH on the freeway) zero visibility. Sunny perfection, proximately 3PM.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi-MD PHOTO

Spring is just starting. That means sand storms for me. Hot, sweaty, sand storms. Yesterday we got rain mixed with sand. Makes for a nice mud rain. My car looks like I went 4-wheeling in it. :(

Midwest just began its tornado season. This past weekend, "high winds" cut up one of the city's tallest buildings (a bank) on the south side. Many believe this was a small tornado that passed through because there was a line of telephone poles nearby that were blown down to a 30 degree angle (I'll take pics if they haven't repaired it already). It's creating tons of car and pedestrian traffic because police closed major streets within a 1-block area due to falling debris. These are the best pics I could take from where I was allowed to stand. The other side of the building looks much worse. My complex is 3 blocks away and we're still finding papers blown from this building.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The weather's been quite strange during these last few days here in Chile.. It's quite cold but it gets really hot in the afternoon (30º C). Autumn is beginning and it is said that this year is going to be dry and cold... pity! I love rain!

IPB Image

Edited by Andicillo

• 2 weeks later...