Hi-MD memory without disc?

Rate this topic

dyonisus

:blink: Ok I've had my MZ-RH10 for hmm....5 or 6 months now. Just now I did the weirdest thing ever. Not sure if anyone here has had this happen to them if so then just move on.

I was playing a mix md for lets say 2 hours. I then went back to the first track which I didn't hear because I first hit play in the middle of the folders. No problem yet, so I her the first track which is about 28 mins long since I don't have the tracks split up. It's a live recording with about eight songs. I then press stop towards the sixth song. I come back 3 hours later and decide to change the disc and go to the other room. I eject the disc and put in a mix of my cd collection. I let it sit for about 15 mins then press play. Put my head phones on and there to my ears is playing the live concert recording. For a second there I think nothing of it. But after hearing the sixth song finish and go into the next. I open my md case and check the menu. Yup the other mix md titles are there. After that the sound clips out and the next song seems to be going in fast forward. I can't hear it just the lcd shows the seconds speed off into nowhere. I press stop eject and replace the original disc again the same titles appear. I replace the disc again and then everything seems fine.

I'm not sure if this a known glitch just wondered if anyone is acquainted with it.

Edited by dyonisus

There was a post about the same issue in this same section, can't remember where i saw it. I think maybe it's a thing with the G-protection going crazy, because as you may know it "stores" music in minidisc's internal memory. So it's a malfunction. You should try playing different discs many times. If the problem persist, maybe the best thing to do is to send your player to a repair store (hope it stills under warranty period).

i've found it! take a look : http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=13630

Edited by sebastianbf

There was a post about the same issue in this same section, can't remember where i saw it. I think maybe it's a thing with the G-protection going crazy, because as you may know it "stores" music in minidisc's internal memory. So it's a malfunction. You should try playing different discs many times. If the problem persist, maybe the best thing to do is to send your player to a repair store (hope it stills under warranty period).

i've found it! take a look : http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=13630

I had a similar incident where I took out a disc from my RH10, put in another, and it "thought" it still had the original disc in... once taking out the disc (or battery) everything went back to normal.

Ahhhh! Thanks totally forgot about the G-protection. Played it again with several discs and it seems fine now. Thanks my friend.

Last time I saw this issue in this forum, it was regarding the NH1. I would suggest turning off Quickplay to see if that does anything for wiping internal memory when you stop the player for a bit.

I haven't had it happen on my NH900 yet, so I don't know if it's a fundamental problem with quickplay :/